WiFi Issue in Certain Countries

Search This thread

BMBcin

Jan 5, 2014
Hello

I'm new here so they wouldn't allow me to post on the Dev section, anyways, I bought my Xperia S with Android GB in it and it has been with me for a while so i keep updating it. I installed the last software Sony has (JB .96) before i started flashing custom ROMs, however, i noticed that the WiFI stopped working in all the JB versions (.200, .211, .96) and when i did some research i found that Sony has activated its restriction program on some countries these are Sudan, Iran and Syria, as far as i know. me, i'm from Sudan, i figured that the the device shuts down the wifi ONLY when it detects the SIM card, as when i try to remove the SIM of turn on AirPlane mode (then restart the Device to start on AirPlane mode) the wifi works just fine.

when the wifi is locked, i can still turn it on, but the device starts to get very slow and it keeps searching for networks forever, and when i turn it of it take a loooong time to do so. installing custom ROMs did not fix this problem as most of the ROMs are based on the JB builds. i tried other solutions like trying to change the country code and so, but still, no luck. i might have tried lots of things here but frankly i'm not a developer, but i succeed to flash ROMs and Kernels by following your instruction, which u do very well on it :).

I though that you guys did not encounter this issue before because you are not is a in a country that is under "US sanction" , but i'm sure you would have fixed this problem if you have heard of it ;)

sorry for the loooong post hehe.

just one last thing, I LOOOOOVE what you guys are doing and i really do appreciate it, i WANT to donate but, there we (guys from Sudan)
can't create a PayPal account or so, again "US sanction".

BMBcin

Jan 5, 2014
Can,t u just flash for example PureSlim KitKat rom? Im using it now, it's working 100% fine and much faster than JB or any modded JB. Im 100% there will not be any wifi restrictions here.

hey body, thx for replying, i tried every possible rom u could think of, im now using OpenSEMC-U-R2c, i've been searching of a solution forever.

Where are u now? r u in Sudan? using Sudanese network operator?

same problem here

Hi There
I'm from Sudan too and I'm facing the same problem as @BMBcin I've tried Zillions of ROM's to solve the problem (I don't know about the restriction thing but putting the phone in flight mode didn't help either , my friend have Xperia Z and WiFi is working fine for him ) if someone come up with a solution please post it here

Top Liked Posts