[MOD][Xposed][4.4+] Translucent Style

Search This thread

Woalk

Oct 27, 2013
woalk.com
Requires Xposed Framework by rovo89. Special thanks to him!

Change the style of status and navigation bar when in “Translucent mode”!
You don't have to be bind to the KitKat gradient if you are on a AOSP ROM, and also you don't have to be bind to any ROM manufacturer's implementation of it!
As long as the implementation is close to the AOSP version, this module can easily replace it to one of the 11 styles available in this module (maybe there are coming more in the next time).

The currently available styles are:
  • KitKat gradient
  • Customizable gradient
  • Full transparency
  • Android “L” style (a solid, a bit darker colour)
  • Sense 6 style (like Android “L”, a bit lighter)
  • Customizable solid color
  • HTC Sense 5 Style
  • “CarBlend” style (use only with darker backgrounds, otherwise it's hard to see the icons)
  • “Halo” and “Bracket” gradient (gradient with curvature)
  • “Cutter” style
  • Sony Xperia style
Please, feel free to tell me if you have any suggestions which styles I should add.

Download from Xposed Repository:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.woalk.apps.xposed.translucentstyle

This module does nothing but exchanging the overlay for translucent system bars.
Read the thread a bit, and you will find many people thinking other things, and you will find the solution for it faster than you think, if you think this is a bug or something. :)

Without saying you should understand that this only works on KitKat (4.4+), and that the translucent mode has to be enabled to see the changes.

If it does not work with your ROM:
Please post a link to the ROM you're using. It should be a ZIP file (or any other typical compressed file like Tarball, RAR, ...) I can investigate.
If there is none, consider uploading or linking to your SystemUI.apk and every *.apk file in your /system/framework directory.
Then I'll look into it and check if it is possible to expand the implementation of this module to your ROM's SystemUI.

Should work with the following ROMs:
  • All near-AOSP-based ROMs (CyanogenMod, Google Editions, ...)
  • HTC One M7 4.4+ and M8 Stock-based ROMs
  • LG G3 Stock-based ROMs
  • Samsung TouchWiz-based 4.4+ ROMs
  • Sony Xperia 5.x ROMs

Known bug:
Xperia style on xxhdpi devices.

Works perfectly fine together with Tinted Translucent Status Bar, making TTSB's design changes way more unique!

Have fun with it. :D

Changelog:

Version 2.5
  • Added support for Xperia Lollipop. Thanks @szpuntoo for testing.

[*]Added use of Material Design on Lollipop.
Version 2.4
  • Added (rudimentary) AOSP Lollipop support.
Version 2.3
  • Fixed HTC Sense NavigationBar in solid style always reverting to black.
  • Fixed Variable and CyanogenMod image styles showing up as something different.
Version 2.2
  • Now user has to specify whether an engine should be used (fixes "improper use"-FCs)
  • Added CyanogenMod-specific engine.
Version 2.1.1
Settings to control which engine is used.
Version 2.0
  • New engine: should work with more ROMs.
  • Solid color and gradient are now customizable.
  • New style: Xperia.
Version 1.0
Initial release.

Source code (under GPL v2 license):
https://github.com/woalk/TranslucentStyle

Attachment:
Screenshots of the module interface and the possible effects of it.
The translucency on the module's UI is made with my TTSB module. ;)

Attachments

• scr1.png
    scr1.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 53,526
  • scr2.png
    scr2.png
    81.4 KB · Views: 49,290
  • scr3.png
    scr3.png
    75.8 KB · Views: 48,575
  • scr4.png
    scr4.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 43,784
Last edited:

Woalk

Oct 27, 2013
woalk.com
downloaded, installed, actived, disabled high-end graphics in performance settings (cm11) & rebooted ..
choose full transparent, granted superuser permission, restarted system ui & here is the result; black status bar ..

Disabling high-end graphics is wrong, I think, then after that every translucency is also deactivated...

Reactions: schrickz

Paoliz

Apr 28, 2011
Napoli
Great idea, But how this module works? I selected android L style, but in the apps the statusbar is always black...

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4

Disabling high-end graphics is wrong, I think, then after that every translucency is also deactivated...

OK, I got it ..
but status bar only transparent on launcher, on apps it goes black again ..

about the android L, could you added colour gradient so the status bar change to a slightly darker gradient from apps action bar ?
or this module only aimed at translucency ?

••sent from my thumb to your eyes ••

Woalk

Oct 27, 2013
woalk.com
Does it automatically detect status bar colours?
Great idea, But how this module works? I selected android L style, but in the apps the statusbar is always black...
Don't confuse, this is not the functionality of this module.
What you're looking for is Tinted Translucent Status Bar which I linked in the OP.

OK, I got it ..

about the android L, could you added colour gradient so the status bar change to a slightly darker gradient from apps action bar ?

First paragraph: If you want this, check my other module TTSB (link in the OP or in my signature), there you can enable it on apps also.
Or check the module "Force Translucent KitKat".
Both can be combined with Translucent Style module. :)

Second paragraph, first question: select "KitKat lighter gradient", or am I misunderstanding something?

Last edited:

Woalk

Oct 27, 2013
woalk.com
@Woalk this module is working with ttsb but doesn't with tsb, can you fix it?

No. TSB overwrites any usual system settings of system bars, which Translucent Style also is (TSB's source code calls it "fake gradient" what its drawing when the window is translucent - it's not the default implementation). That's why I don't like TSB.
I'm sorry.

Woalk

Oct 27, 2013
woalk.com
I've been waiting for this obsessively. Now I just need to download a TouchWiz KitKat ROM and test.

Thank you!
I also did that before I had enough experience to code it myself. :D
And it would be very nice to have a TouchWiz user here, so maybe I can expand the "working with" section. Please tell me your experience and provide a SystemUI.apk if it does not work for now.

stev1456

Jul 17, 2010
Marvellous - thank you very much
Solved my problem of having a gradient which i couldn't get rid of.

Thank you

zamzameir

Sep 11, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
again, great module by woalk. :)
but I got navigation bar setup fc tho.
my suggestion : blacklist option/per app setup.
thanks man! :)
keep it up

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requires Xposed Framework by rovo89. Special thanks to him!

Change the style of status and navigation bar when in “Translucent mode”!
    You don't have to be bind to the KitKat gradient if you are on a AOSP ROM, and also you don't have to be bind to any ROM manufacturer's implementation of it!
    As long as the implementation is close to the AOSP version, this module can easily replace it to one of the 11 styles available in this module (maybe there are coming more in the next time).

The currently available styles are:
    • KitKat gradient
    • Customizable gradient
    • Full transparency
    • Android “L” style (a solid, a bit darker colour)
    • Sense 6 style (like Android “L”, a bit lighter)
    • Customizable solid color
    • HTC Sense 5 Style
    • “CarBlend” style (use only with darker backgrounds, otherwise it's hard to see the icons)
    • “Halo” and “Bracket” gradient (gradient with curvature)
    • “Cutter” style
    • Sony Xperia style
    Please, feel free to tell me if you have any suggestions which styles I should add.

Download from Xposed Repository:
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.woalk.apps.xposed.translucentstyle

This module does nothing but exchanging the overlay for translucent system bars.
    Read the thread a bit, and you will find many people thinking other things, and you will find the solution for it faster than you think, if you think this is a bug or something. :)

Without saying you should understand that this only works on KitKat (4.4+), and that the translucent mode has to be enabled to see the changes.

If it does not work with your ROM:
    Please post a link to the ROM you're using. It should be a ZIP file (or any other typical compressed file like Tarball, RAR, ...) I can investigate.
    If there is none, consider uploading or linking to your SystemUI.apk and every *.apk file in your /system/framework directory.
    Then I'll look into it and check if it is possible to expand the implementation of this module to your ROM's SystemUI.

Should work with the following ROMs:
    • All near-AOSP-based ROMs (CyanogenMod, Google Editions, ...)
    • HTC One M7 4.4+ and M8 Stock-based ROMs
    • LG G3 Stock-based ROMs
    • Samsung TouchWiz-based 4.4+ ROMs
    • Sony Xperia 5.x ROMs

Known bug:
    Xperia style on xxhdpi devices.

Works perfectly fine together with Tinted Translucent Status Bar, making TTSB's design changes way more unique!

Have fun with it. :D

Changelog:

Version 2.5
    • Added support for Xperia Lollipop. Thanks @szpuntoo for testing.

[*]Added use of Material Design on Lollipop.
    Version 2.4
    • Added (rudimentary) AOSP Lollipop support.
    Version 2.3
    • Fixed HTC Sense NavigationBar in solid style always reverting to black.
    • Fixed Variable and CyanogenMod image styles showing up as something different.
    Version 2.2
    • Now user has to specify whether an engine should be used (fixes "improper use"-FCs)
    • Added CyanogenMod-specific engine.
    Version 2.1.1
    Settings to control which engine is used.
    Version 2.0
    • New engine: should work with more ROMs.
    • Solid color and gradient are now customizable.
    • New style: Xperia.
    Version 1.0
    Initial release.

Source code (under GPL v2 license):
    https://github.com/woalk/TranslucentStyle

Attachment:
    Screenshots of the module interface and the possible effects of it.
    The translucency on the module's UI is made with my TTSB module. ;)
    Version 2.3 is available!
    It fixes two bugs:
    HTC users can now change their navigation bar to solid style, using a workaround where a fake Gradient with same start and end point is used (thanks for that hint by @Haik0).

'Replace CyangogenMod variable' and 'Replace variable' users can now use image styles such as Sense 5, Xperia, Halo Gradient, and so on.

To all those reporting it's not working: Sorry about that. I will look later on all this, on the SystemUI.apk if it was posted, if there's something I can do.
    Don't give up hoping. :D
    I'm confused as to what difference this does differently from force translucent kit kat (which I use) , tinted status bar (which I also use), tinted translucent bar (which I installed but haven't activated)and now this. Anyone care to please elaborate?
    Force Translucent KitKat: Forces every app to use the translucent status bars that usually only the launcher uses.
    TSB: Tints the statusbar directly, fitting the colors of any app, but overwriting Translucent Style.
    TTSB: = Force translucent KitKat + TSB -- Use the translucent mode for tinting, like HTC Sense 6 or Android L apps do. Can be combined with Translucent Style.
    Translucent Style: Just changes the overlay of translucent bars (which usually is a black to transparent gradient, the “KitKat gradient”).

On nova it shows. But on apps, it does not.
    To show this on apps, you have to also use TTSB (link in OP or my signature). :)
    Note 3 stock 4.4.2 here...upgraded to the latest version 2.1 and also got stuck in a continuous systemui crash.

for those that has this happen and does not have a backup to restore to, simply reboot your device while continuously hitting the power button. This will disable xposed framework and you can get back in and uninstall the module.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Does it automatically detect status bar colours?
    Don't confuse, this is not the functionality of this module.
    What you're looking for is Tinted Translucent Status Bar which I linked in the OP.

OK, I got it ..

First paragraph: If you want this, check my other module TTSB (link in the OP or in my signature), there you can enable it on apps also.
    Or check the module "Force Translucent KitKat".
    Both can be combined with Translucent Style module. :)

Second paragraph, first question: select "KitKat lighter gradient", or am I misunderstanding something?