[App] AutoKiller minfree manager, will make your phone fly again

Search This thread

ratson

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2009
andrs.w3pla.net
OnePlus 11
AutoKiller

This app is designed to help make your phone run mutch smoother by configuring systems internal memory management routines.
It also features a full-powered process manager which lets you control your whole system.

Features:

- process manager
- simple/advanced mode
- presets
- shortcuts to presets
- settings reapply on boot (no init file hacking, i use a service)
- pages/mb views
- statistics

i plan to add a few more features, your feedback is welcome.

device1.png
device2.png
device3.png
device4.png
device5.png

reported to work on:

-Nexus One
-Hero
-Spica
-G1
-MyTouch/Magic/G2
-Liquid
-Milestone/Droid
-Behold II
-IE 6010
-I 7500
-LG GW620
-Pulse
-XT800

official homepage has a lot more info.

Thank you for your support, and for your kind donations thus far.

If you like my work, and can afford to donate a couple of dollars to buy me a beer, please use the link below!

rs

Last edited:

ccunningham83

Feb 13, 2009
Dallas
Seems to make a bigger difference on resource hogs like the Sense UI. I tried it running MoDaCo's Desire ROM and it seemed to be faster. I don't notice as much of a difference on Cyanogen ROM's. I am still keeping it installed, even running CM. It hasn't given me any problems and the phone does seem pretty snappy (Although not much better than before, with the Desire exception).

Last edited:

seanowns

May 30, 2009
Been using this the day I got my Nexus One. Does it work? I have no idea! I have no reference points to compare it with.

It's small though and certainly isnt causing any problems. Worst case it does nothing, oh well, best case it helps alot. Pretty sure thats a no-lose scenario.

McFroger3

Nov 10, 2009
Winthrop
And I guess I'll be the one to start.

Read my signature. 39 apps running and 0 apps running have the same responsiveness. Killing apps does nothing but free unneeded RAM.

Task Killers are needed, just not what some people are using them for. For example, the speedtest.net app has a bug where when you back out of the app, it still uses your gps draining your battery, having a task killer will allow you to close that program without having to reboot your phone.

bmj1086

Apr 11, 2008
Dallas
Task Killers are needed, just not what some people are using them for. For example, the speedtest.net app has a bug where when you back out of the app, it still uses your gps draining your battery, having a task killer will allow you to close that program without having to reboot your phone.

Lol that's funny because that app is the only reason I use a task killer. It is definitely needed for killing apps with bugs but not for keeping apps out of the RAM for no reason.

ratson

Nov 2, 2009
andrs.w3pla.net
OnePlus 11
Lol that's funny because that app is the only reason I use a task killer. It is definitely needed for killing apps with bugs but not for keeping apps out of the RAM for no reason.

unfortunately there are many applications which cannot sleep properly, or don't release resources. (the most annoying I met with was TasKiller itself!!!) if you have the time to find out which are these one bye one, you can kill them any time you finish using them. but if you don't want to mess with this, setting lowmemory killer is the best approach as a fix.
"free" memory is not useless: it is always filled up with cache of your most used applications. so you get resource-consuming applications killed, and got cache with preloaded data your phone will probably use.

whodatfever

Oct 24, 2006
Does running Advanced Task Manager alongside this app make sense? Is it redundant, helpful or hurtful?

pjcforpres

Nov 11, 2008
CR

You can just use the built in task killer to do that... menu, settings, apps(programs in a Desire ROM), manage apps, select the app(might want to hit menu, then select running apps only)... then force stop.

Granted, a task killer makes it quicker and easier to bring this list up, but it calls on the built in task killer to actually kill the task.

To the OP, great work! Looks nice! The ability to change how aggressive you want the auto task killing is nice to have, and it is nice to have eye candy when killing a rogue app. All though I don't ever use these sorts of apps, I like what you have done with yours!

bmszabo

May 19, 2007
Description dev says: "root required for all features to work"; does this mean some features work on the unrooted Nexus as well, or nothing at all??
I don't feel like rooting my Nexus, but am looking for a good taskkiller..

ratson

Nov 2, 2009
andrs.w3pla.net
OnePlus 11
Description dev says: "root required for all features to work"; does this mean some features work on the unrooted Nexus as well, or nothing at all??
I don't feel like rooting my Nexus, but am looking for a good taskkiller..

Actually process manager part fully works without root (keep alive function connects to minfree and it wont work obviously) but it will just doesnt work, no FC or strange behaviour ;) I also would like to ask you to report back how it behaves on a non rooted device, as i could only test it in dev environments.

--egyébként meg üdv itt ;)--

bmszabo

May 19, 2007
Actually process manager part fully works without root (keep alive function connects to minfree and it wont work obviously) but it will just doesnt work, no FC or strange behaviour ;) I also would like to ask you to report back how it behaves on a non rooted device, as i could only test it in dev environments.

--egyébként meg üdv itt ;)--

ATM just uninstalled (last weeks getting slower, FCing apps, not sure if it was ATM's behavior), installing AutoKiller; I'll keep You posted on experience on a not-rooted, stock Google N1!

Greetz,

Köbüki, a harmincadik századi rokon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AutoKiller

This app is designed to help make your phone run mutch smoother by configuring systems internal memory management routines.
    It also features a full-powered process manager which lets you control your whole system.

Features:

- process manager
    - simple/advanced mode
    - presets
    - shortcuts to presets
    - settings reapply on boot (no init file hacking, i use a service)
    - pages/mb views
    - statistics

i plan to add a few more features, your feedback is welcome.

device1.png
    device2.png
    device3.png
    device4.png
    device5.png

reported to work on:

-Nexus One
    -Hero
    -Spica
    -G1
    -MyTouch/Magic/G2
    -Liquid
    -Milestone/Droid
    -Behold II
    -IE 6010
    -I 7500
    -LG GW620
    -Pulse
    -XT800

official homepage has a lot more info.

Thank you for your support, and for your kind donations thus far.

If you like my work, and can afford to donate a couple of dollars to buy me a beer, please use the link below!

rs
    yep, i will fix it in an upcoming release...
    ...which was just released :)
    Will the Advanced system tweaks in AutoKiller beta cause conflicts with SS4N1, seeing that they do similar optimizations?

Code:
    SSCFG: Help info on features
    [ Dialer optimization ]
    Optimizes dialer process (com.android.phone) by
    excluding it from out-of-memory killer and
    setting highest process priority level

[ Dewonkifier (a1026 mic) ]
    Disables the A1026 noise-cancellation microphone
    which is one probable cause of call-wonkiness

[ Remount with noatime ]
    Remounts all partitions with noatime & nodiratime
    to reduce unnecessary sync operations

[ Storage/IO tuning ]
    Tells kernel that storage not a rotating disk and
    optimizes IO operations by increasing read buffer
    and reducing idling between requests

[ UI/Homescreen optimization ]
    Increases 'maximum-events-per-sec' to 60 for
    smoother Homescreen scrolling and transitions

[ Network performance tuning ]
    Reduces wifi scanning to every 3 mins and
    optimizes TCP parameters for higher throughput
    and lower latency when accessing network

[ Autoswitch for ALL setting ]
    The main function of SS4N1 that senses
    phone-state and auto-switches between AWAKE and
    SLEEP modes to provide both performance-on-demand
    and economy-on-idle

[ Autoswitch for CAVS ]
    Phone-state switch which detects Customizable
    Adaptive Voltage Scaling kernels and switches
    between higher voltages (AWAKE) and lower
    voltages (SLEEP)

[ Autoswitch for CPU scheduler ]
    Phone-state switch which detects type of CPU
    scheduler (BFS/CFS) and switches between low
    latency (AWAKE) and high throughput (SLEEP) modes

[ Autoswitch for CPU frequency governor ]
    Phone-state switch between high CPU frequencies
    (AWAKE) and low CPU frequencies (SLEEP)

[ Autoswitch for Virtual Memory ]
    Phone-state switch between higher free-page
    reservation (AWAKE) and lower free-page
    reservation (SLEEP)

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11496754&postcount=5041

I also posted this in the beta testing group.
    Anyone?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Have a look at the link in my signature... Should help you tune for your specific needs.