Denver
MIUIEs-Logo.png

fglf.png

Flash ROM
then GAPPS
then OTA
then reboot and enjoy :D

FAQ

In this second post we will try answering as many questions as we are able to, and we will provide information and fixes that will make this ROM better for the end users.
--------------------------------

Bugs As Updated On MIUI Thread (Link)
Rom version: 4.1.3
- In Permissions - Manage App Permissions - Apps when you tap on "Trust this app" or "Auto-start", the Settings FC. If you want to "untrust" previously trusted app, it works fine
- When adding a Prepaid card in MiCredits, the app FC's LINK
- When you're trying to re-dial the last number via the BT headset button (in mine is tap the button 3 times), it does nothing and com.android.phone process gives a FC
- Some missaligned text bug LINK
- Switching between World Clock and Stopwatch is little laggy
- Settings -> Storage -> USB connection (It don't ask, it don't charge only, it always mount SD card regardless of the selected item)
- The Cleaner shows wrong storage space LINK
- When in Airplane mode try to send an SMS the app gives a FC.
- Mail app does not remember the position of the menu if you close it while in combined view. On the next start you find yourself in the first mailbox.
- Torch on lockscreen only works few seconds
- High RAM usage
- On About MIUI -> Updates Page : "Check Update" and "Add Comments" Icons and Text are misaligned
- Mail app is not syncing when in Combined view (2 accounts or more)
- Settings > Display > Wallpaper > Home screen > Local --> in wallpaper preview flipping pages very slow and laggy
- In Settings/Bluetooth/Paired Devices/Jawbone Icon HD If I disable the Media audio and reboot it doesn't stick. It's enabled again
- If there are icons at the bottom of the screen, and if there are screen transition effects like Rotate artefacts appear LINK
- In mail app when adding non preinstalled mail account there is no wifi autodownloading attachment switch LINK
- Can't choose "never" in autoupdate in mail app LINK
- Misstyped text in Cloud Album LINK
- Inaccurate SMS character count LINK
- Unable to receive 2 or more SMS page/cut off message

Fixed Bugs
- Voice calling with Cyberon Voice Commander via BT headset while the device is in deep sleep is not working. The app is trying to load but it doesn't and the device is not responding. A reboot is needed then. If the screen is on then it works but I hear the lock sound like the device is trying to lock
- When alarm is set and starts to ring, there is no option to dismiss it (no horizontal slider). You can only see an empty wallpaper with statusbar. It shows up only after you tap on snooze/dismiss option in notification drawer LINK
- In new security app "cleaner" after push "clean up" button just scanning and didn't do anything more((
- When adding new contact, the New contact and Add to contact text is positioned to much to the left.
- Missaligned tex on install screen
- Sound on incoming call only rings once when selecting some custom sounds
- Too strong vibration
- IR remote controller not working
- USB debugging mode doesn't stick after a reboot
- Vibration cannot be disabled
- When you run the screen unlock pattern and disable the swype screen it goes to the swype screen not directly to the pattern unlock
- When trying to lock the phone using https://i.xiaomi.com/ the phone will hang or reboot ( and freeze before restarting)
- FM Radio app is not turning on. FMRadio turns on after screen off and unlock the phone, but radio is no sound and i can't turn it off =)) It's "Turning off..." and still on and still at notification bar
- Keyboard FC's when rotating phone from landscape to portrait (verified in Tapatalk, Xda, Whatsapp...)
- FC on TV application when power or TV remote icons touched LINK
- SMS/Email/Google+ notifications does not sound (all notifications does not sound)
- When playing music with MIUI player and trying to change the volume with Volume Ace app the device soft reboots and stays on MIUI logo. A hard reset is then needed
- Taken pictures are not showing in front page of the Gallery
- Cannot get location in Maps, Weather... with wifi or data
- In music app equalizer presets still in Chinese
- Miui browser does not change the browser search engine even if selected from the various available (google)

58 Tips You Should Know About MIUI V5

FAQ
Why I can't flash this ROM?
If you have issues flashing this ROM, edit the "updater-script" file as in this guide.

Why I can't flash the OTA updates automatically?
If you have flashed any custom zips in system folder (custom kernel, fonts, icons etc.) it won't let you update the OTA automatically. You have to edit the updater-script file following the guide here and here. Also check a "how to" video here.

How's the performance and battery life on this ROM?
No lags in the UI and battery life is very good. Here are some screenshots.

Can I receive and flash the OTA update automatically, if I have installed a custom kernel?
No, you have to be completely stock with only Gapps installed from OP in order to flash the weekly OTA updates automatically. That means if you have flashed a custom kernel, custom font zip, custom extended icon pack etc. then you won't be able to flash the OTA update automatically. Of course you can download the full weekly ROM and flash it manually.
Workaround: For flashing OTA updates while you have custom stuff flashed in system folder, check the post here.

I like to wake/sleep the device with the screen instead of the hard keys. Is there a setting for that?
Install Trickster MOD Kernel Settings app and enable the settings you like.

There's no setting to enable 4G/LTE on this ROM? Is 4G/LTE working?
There's no setting but 4G/LTE is working fine. Screenshot here.

Does MIUI have Internet/WiFi calling (SIP)?
Yes it does. Go to Phone/Settings/Call settings/Internet calling and add an account.. Screenshot here.

I don't like the Sense keyboard included, it looks out of place.
Try TouchPal X with the MIUI theme or the Xperia Z1 Keyboard.

How can I change Celsius to Fahrenheit in Weather app?
Download the Weather BZ app, it's got more features.

How can I add new mods i.e. hide the clock at the taskbar, add APM etc.?
With WSM Manager v2.1.4 download here. Instructions how to use WSM Tools see here.

I can't find the menu button in some apps.
Tap just above the HTC logo.

I can't see any option for Facebook contact sync?
Facebook won't sync, you have to use Friendcaster, HaxSync or another type of app.

I can't seem to find a setting to let me download large files over 3G/4G.
Open the Downloads app and go to Settings. Set the "Data usage" to unlimited and reboot. More info here.

I'm only getting "H" for my signal.
Go to mobile network settings and reset the APN settings to default and then re-select what ever provider you use and it should pick up 4G. More info here.

As soon as new typical questions appear, I will update this category

Special Thanks to:
Original ROM here
Thanks to @D™ for porting the ROM to HTC One
Thanks to MIUI for the cool rom
Thanks to @mdpgc @daorderdillon @alfa7d @tsohk For helping donate to get me a phone

Miui-Team1.jpg

Last edited:

seyidaga

Dec 5, 2012
Baku, Azerbaijan
Welcome good sir! We've been waiting for you for some time. Thanks you for doing this for us, we appreciate it! Will try when I get home!

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Zarboz

shukyuen

Jul 5, 2011
My menu button is not for menu now, when I press it,only for recent app?

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shukyuen

Jul 5, 2011
How can I enable menu in some apps? Thanks!

hkf2005hk

Oct 25, 2010
Great work! The rom is very smooth:good:
However, the main problem is I can't use menu in some apps:(
Can you add this function to the rom:confused:

Zarboz

Known Scammer
Mar 5, 2009
Denver
How can I enable menu in some apps? Thanks!

Great work! The rom is very smooth:good:
However, the main problem is I can't use menu in some apps:(
Can you add this function to the rom:confused:

Install Xposed framework then install gravity box and remap the key

Use this work around till I hard code the mod

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

khaled-vb

Aug 14, 2012
nice rom like it
i used it for 5 days
i think he is what i lost it in the phone but thank you for that

i have some of Q's and request if you allowed me

pleas need to themes english
and how can to change arabic font i try with all of ways
and what i do with updater said new version found

anyone have any idea about my Q's and R's please reply for me

Zarboz

Known Scammer
Mar 5, 2009
Denver
nice rom like it
i used it for 5 days
i think he is what i lost it in the phone but thank you for that

i have some of Q's and request if you allowed me

pleas need to themes english
and how can to change arabic font i try with all of ways
and what i do with updater said new version found

anyone have any idea about my Q's and R's please reply for me

i wish the themese were in english they never have been nor will be if the author doesnt submit an english version
have you tried language unlocker

and what update? i have all the OTA's patched for our phone

khaled-vb

Aug 14, 2012
i wish the themese were in english they never have been nor will be if the author doesnt submit an english version
have you tried language unlocker

and what update? i have all the OTA's patched for our phone

thanks now themes in english

about update in miui app name updater gave me update weakly , can use to this update?

and what's new about menu button this arabic font need add mtz font in themes and for that need to menu button in themes app i try to install xposed and some app do same thing name is wsm tools here xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2481178

but can't to install

if you know way to install navbar that will be great for me

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using Tapatalk 2

xenkato

Feb 11, 2008
Tripolis, Greece
Hello one question to the developer.

Is this rom based in HTC ONE miui rom?
Is this rom based in CM?
Is this rom based in Sense?

Thanks for your answer.

Zarboz

Known Scammer
Mar 5, 2009
Denver
Hello one question to the developer.

Is this rom based in HTC ONE miui rom?
Is this rom based in CM?
Is this rom based in Sense?

Thanks for your answer.

Seems If you read the OP all those questions are answered even the thread I ported from

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUIEs-Logo.png

fglf.png

Flash ROM
    then GAPPS
    then OTA
    then reboot and enjoy :D

FAQ

In this second post we will try answering as many questions as we are able to, and we will provide information and fixes that will make this ROM better for the end users.

Bugs As Updated On MIUI Thread (Link)
    Rom version: 4.1.3
    - In Permissions - Manage App Permissions - Apps when you tap on "Trust this app" or "Auto-start", the Settings FC. If you want to "untrust" previously trusted app, it works fine
    - When adding a Prepaid card in MiCredits, the app FC's LINK
    - When you're trying to re-dial the last number via the BT headset button (in mine is tap the button 3 times), it does nothing and com.android.phone process gives a FC
    - Some missaligned text bug LINK
    - Switching between World Clock and Stopwatch is little laggy
    - Settings -> Storage -> USB connection (It don't ask, it don't charge only, it always mount SD card regardless of the selected item)
    - The Cleaner shows wrong storage space LINK
    - When in Airplane mode try to send an SMS the app gives a FC.
    - Mail app does not remember the position of the menu if you close it while in combined view. On the next start you find yourself in the first mailbox.
    - Torch on lockscreen only works few seconds
    - High RAM usage
    - On About MIUI -> Updates Page : "Check Update" and "Add Comments" Icons and Text are misaligned
    - Mail app is not syncing when in Combined view (2 accounts or more)
    - Settings > Display > Wallpaper > Home screen > Local --> in wallpaper preview flipping pages very slow and laggy
    - In Settings/Bluetooth/Paired Devices/Jawbone Icon HD If I disable the Media audio and reboot it doesn't stick. It's enabled again
    - If there are icons at the bottom of the screen, and if there are screen transition effects like Rotate artefacts appear LINK
    - In mail app when adding non preinstalled mail account there is no wifi autodownloading attachment switch LINK
    - Can't choose "never" in autoupdate in mail app LINK
    - Misstyped text in Cloud Album LINK
    - Inaccurate SMS character count LINK
    - Unable to receive 2 or more SMS page/cut off message

Fixed Bugs
    - Voice calling with Cyberon Voice Commander via BT headset while the device is in deep sleep is not working. The app is trying to load but it doesn't and the device is not responding. A reboot is needed then. If the screen is on then it works but I hear the lock sound like the device is trying to lock
    - When alarm is set and starts to ring, there is no option to dismiss it (no horizontal slider). You can only see an empty wallpaper with statusbar. It shows up only after you tap on snooze/dismiss option in notification drawer LINK
    - In new security app "cleaner" after push "clean up" button just scanning and didn't do anything more((
    - When adding new contact, the New contact and Add to contact text is positioned to much to the left.
    - Missaligned tex on install screen
    - Sound on incoming call only rings once when selecting some custom sounds
    - Too strong vibration
    - IR remote controller not working
    - USB debugging mode doesn't stick after a reboot
    - Vibration cannot be disabled
    - When you run the screen unlock pattern and disable the swype screen it goes to the swype screen not directly to the pattern unlock
    - When trying to lock the phone using https://i.xiaomi.com/ the phone will hang or reboot ( and freeze before restarting)
    - FM Radio app is not turning on. FMRadio turns on after screen off and unlock the phone, but radio is no sound and i can't turn it off =)) It's "Turning off..." and still on and still at notification bar
    - Keyboard FC's when rotating phone from landscape to portrait (verified in Tapatalk, Xda, Whatsapp...)
    - FC on TV application when power or TV remote icons touched LINK
    - SMS/Email/Google+ notifications does not sound (all notifications does not sound)
    - When playing music with MIUI player and trying to change the volume with Volume Ace app the device soft reboots and stays on MIUI logo. A hard reset is then needed
    - Taken pictures are not showing in front page of the Gallery
    - Cannot get location in Maps, Weather... with wifi or data
    - In music app equalizer presets still in Chinese
    - Miui browser does not change the browser search engine even if selected from the various available (google)

58 Tips You Should Know About MIUI V5

FAQ
    Why I can't flash this ROM?
    If you have issues flashing this ROM, edit the "updater-script" file as in this guide.

Why I can't flash the OTA updates automatically?
    If you have flashed any custom zips in system folder (custom kernel, fonts, icons etc.) it won't let you update the OTA automatically. You have to edit the updater-script file following the guide here and here. Also check a "how to" video here.

How's the performance and battery life on this ROM?
    No lags in the UI and battery life is very good. Here are some screenshots.

Can I receive and flash the OTA update automatically, if I have installed a custom kernel?
    No, you have to be completely stock with only Gapps installed from OP in order to flash the weekly OTA updates automatically. That means if you have flashed a custom kernel, custom font zip, custom extended icon pack etc. then you won't be able to flash the OTA update automatically. Of course you can download the full weekly ROM and flash it manually.
    Workaround: For flashing OTA updates while you have custom stuff flashed in system folder, check the post here.

I like to wake/sleep the device with the screen instead of the hard keys. Is there a setting for that?
    Install Trickster MOD Kernel Settings app and enable the settings you like.

There's no setting to enable 4G/LTE on this ROM? Is 4G/LTE working?
    There's no setting but 4G/LTE is working fine. Screenshot here.

Does MIUI have Internet/WiFi calling (SIP)?
    Yes it does. Go to Phone/Settings/Call settings/Internet calling and add an account.. Screenshot here.

I don't like the Sense keyboard included, it looks out of place.
    Try TouchPal X with the MIUI theme or the Xperia Z1 Keyboard.

How can I change Celsius to Fahrenheit in Weather app?
    Download the Weather BZ app, it's got more features.

How can I add new mods i.e. hide the clock at the taskbar, add APM etc.?
    With WSM Manager v2.1.4 download here. Instructions how to use WSM Tools see here.

I can't find the menu button in some apps.
    Tap just above the HTC logo.

I can't see any option for Facebook contact sync?
    Facebook won't sync, you have to use Friendcaster, HaxSync or another type of app.

I can't seem to find a setting to let me download large files over 3G/4G.
    Open the Downloads app and go to Settings. Set the "Data usage" to unlimited and reboot. More info here.

I'm only getting "H" for my signal.
    Go to mobile network settings and reset the APN settings to default and then re-select what ever provider you use and it should pick up 4G. More info here.

As soon as new typical questions appear, I will update this category

Special Thanks to:
    Original ROM here
    Thanks to @D™ for porting the ROM to HTC One
    Thanks to MIUI for the cool rom
    Thanks to @mdpgc @daorderdillon @alfa7d @tsohk For helping donate to get me a phone

Miui-Team1.jpg
    Thread closed due to OP's grossly unethical conduct unbecoming of an XDA Developer.
    Welcome good sir! We've been waiting for you for some time. Thanks you for doing this for us, we appreciate it! Will try when I get home!

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using xda app-developers app
    Finally!!!! This is awesome!
    Finally!!!! This is awesome!

expect lots of cool things coming from me