Beware:My BOOTLOADER just LOCKED via an OTA update UEKG4!

Search This thread

elkniwcire

Aug 31, 2008
My stock unrooted wifi galaxy tab 10.1 just received an update OTA that seems to have done nothing except LOCK my unlocked bootloader. It was only 11.2mb and during the update process my tab went into download mode, then to a command line looking interface with commands related to encrypting bootloader. I no longer have the unlocked symbol upon boot up. Look out for update version UEKG4!

EDIT: Google videos app has been loaded as well, but not in the market, just the app.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jnn1 and pandamaja

Danstek

Jul 20, 2011
Very odd. What region are you in? I just did an update check and there was no update available.

elkniwcire

Aug 31, 2008
I am in the US. I cant find anything else that it may have updated. No extra apps, features, or apparent bug fixes. Just locked bootloader.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium App

pandamaja

Jun 18, 2011
Yes, thank you for the warning. As a heads up to anyone that has even an inkling of interest in rooting your tablet. DO NOT TAKE OTA's until they have been looked through by the devs. Just look at the evo 4g forums on here :)

capufo

Jul 13, 2011
My saftetock unrooted wifi galaxy tab 10.1 just received an update OTA that seems to have done nothing except LOCK my unlocked bootloader. It was only 11.2mb and during the update process my tab went into download mode, then to a command line looking interface with commands related to encrypting bootloader. I no longer have the unlocked symbol upon boot up. Look out for update version UEKG4!

EDIT: Google videos app has been loaded as well, but not in the market, just the app.

After reading your post I went to settings /updates and there it was just like you said 11.2mb update, I'm afraid to update since mine is unlocked a well also it says to remove any pulses short cuts from the main page so Google video could get installed. Update or no to update?

droxid

Dec 20, 2010
After reading your post I went to settings /updates and there it was just like you said 11.2mb update, I'm afraid to update since mine is unlocked a well also it says to remove any pulses short cuts from the main page so Google video could get installed. Update or no to update?

Wait.let the devs look at it. No point in losing unlocked boot loader for google videos.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

kh0annguyen

Jan 18, 2011
Seattle
So why does it matter if you get a locked bootloader again? I because as far as i know... it doesn't!

nakedninja42

Oct 28, 2009
Bay Area, CA
So why does it matter if you get a locked bootloader again? I because as far as i know... it doesn't!

Locked bootloaders will limit what can be flashed to the Tablet, we can get custom roms that are based off samsung sources.

Locked bootloaders will not be able to flash TABUNTU unless poitee can find a way around it...

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
im not trying to be rude or anything guys. But you should really look into what a locked and unlocked bootloader really is. If you haven't noticed, we can flash cmw. That means we can flash roms, kernels, and root. There is no reason to be worried at all. It makes no difference to have a locked or unlocked bootloader unless you wanna flash something that needs a different bootloader. Which there isn't much right now except for tabuntu.

Reactions: cleblanc92

MtnDewMan

Jul 14, 2010
Received the update. CWM and root were retained.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My stock unrooted wifi galaxy tab 10.1 just received an update OTA that seems to have done nothing except LOCK my unlocked bootloader. It was only 11.2mb and during the update process my tab went into download mode, then to a command line looking interface with commands related to encrypting bootloader. I no longer have the unlocked symbol upon boot up. Look out for update version UEKG4!

BTW how do you tell if your device is locked or unlocked?

If it is unlocked, there is a picture of a Lock during bootup and it shows as open.

If it is locked, then there is no picture at all.

(at least this is how my 2 different tabs showed up)
    im not trying to be rude or anything guys. But you should really look into what a locked and unlocked bootloader really is. If you haven't noticed, we can flash cmw. That means we can flash roms, kernels, and root. There is no reason to be worried at all. It makes no difference to have a locked or unlocked bootloader unless you wanna flash something that needs a different bootloader. Which there isn't much right now except for tabuntu.
    You are currently locked, correct. I'm tearing through the update with a hex editor as we speak.
    How do I check if mine is locked?

Turn it off, then on again.
    If you see an open padlock on bootup you are open.