[Tweak] ULTIMATE!! aGPS cab (GOOGLE or NOKIA server!) Generic UPDATE 06/08/10!

Search This thread

fone_fanatic

Aug 4, 2005
Central Texas
UPDATED TO USE GOOGLE SUPL 3/30/10!

What people are saying:

I must say this is one of the most useful cabs floating around. The GPS locks in about 5 secs. Its almost as if Big Brother is watching you. Thank you Fone Fanatic your cab was of great help.

after installing this my locks were almost instantly, seems like this is the cure for all our GPS problem...

Here is my own aGPS settings cab.
Created originally for my Raphael, but works perfectly fine on my Rhodium (Touch Pro 2) and should work on any other WM6.1/5 aGPS capable device.

This replaces the default aGPS server to the one GOOGLE aGPS server. This has been found to dramaticaly increase GPS lock speed! After applying this cab i get cold Locks in about 20 seconds and warm gps lock in under 15!

Don't be scared to try it out as its easy to revert to defualt settings!

Try it out and report your results!

I created this so I can just add it to my UC list making life easier in setting up a rom after flashing and thought others might benefit from it.
Feel free to comment, hate, or appreciate :D

If there is a demand, i can easily delete the At&t bit and so its more generic, also if you want this adapted for your provider, reply with your APN and GPRSConnection and i can create the cab for you

It sets the following in the [HKLM\Software\HTC\SUPL aGPS\] Registry

DynamicURL to supl.google.com (searched on the internet and many people claim much faster locks than the default h-slp.mnc410.mcc310.pub.3gppnetwork.org)
EnableAGPS 1 (so aGPS is enabled in settings)
EnableLocInfo 0 Unchecks "Enable AGPS loation information to network services. Operator can get your location information." From the Privacy tab of the AGPS Settings
ServerIP to 74.125.113.192
ServerURL and TLSHostName to supl.google.com
Decided to just make a Generic one that sets the nokia aGPS server, enables aGPS, disables Location info and no network configuration.

[UPDATE: The cabs are the SAME as the previous ones titled FF ATT/Fido/Generic Nokia aGPS Settings, I just changed Nokia to Ultimate because I was getting PMs on how to install them on nokia devices]

update 3/30/10: updated the cabs to use the google supl which is provided on android devices!

There is no need for carrier specific settings, they should automaticly fill in from info already on your device. If you go to HKLM\Software\HTC\SUPL aGPS\ and APN, Network, and GPRSConnection are empty after you've installed the cab and soft reseted, then post here and i will make carrier specific cabs.

[06/08/2010] Re-attached the supl.nokia cab as requested. Please test and compare to the newly attached "FF Ultimate aGPS Tweak_supl.google_Generic.cab" and report your results.

When i ping supl.nokia.com requests time out leading me to believe nokia's servers are down, or they changed them to something else.

[size=+2]With FF Ultimate aGPS Tweak_suple.google_Generic.cab i get a lock in under 15seconds, even after hard reset!![/size]

Last edited:

finch

Jan 24, 2005
Ontario - Just north of GTA
Here is my own aGPS settings cab. Which does the following.
I created this so I can just add it to my UC list making life easier in setting up a rom after flashing and thought others might benefit from it.

If there is a demand, i can easily delete the At&t bit and so its more generic, also if you want this adapted for your provider, reply with your APN and GPRSConnection and i can create the cab for you

APN to wap.cingular
DynamicURL to supl.nokia.com (searched on the internet and many people claim much faster locks than the default h-slp.mnc410.mcc310.pub.3gppnetwork.org)
EnableLocInfo 0 Unchecks "Enable AGPS loation information to network services. Operator can get your location information." From the Privacy tab of the AGPS Settings
GPRSConnection and Network to MEdia Net
ServerIP to 66.35.236.25
ServerURL and TLSHostName to supl.nokia.com

I would really appreciate a cab for Fido.

APN internet.fido.ca

All I put for internconnection is

Name fido
apn internet.fido.ca
user fido
pass fido

Let me know if you require anything else.

Xaaran

Jun 6, 2007
Toronto
Great work!

Pure awesomeness!
If you could, please make Rogers or unbranded version of this greatness!:D

allthatinny

Oct 11, 2006
after installing this my locks were almost instantly, seems like this is the cure for all our GPS problem, i also got FusionGPS installed to get a lock after i soft reset my phone and i get looks btw 20-30 sec out door and 30-80 sec indoor

tjex

Aug 19, 2008
Vancouver
I would really appreciate a cab for Fido.

APN internet.fido.ca

All I put for internconnection is

Name fido
apn internet.fido.ca
user fido
pass fido

Let me know if you require anything else.

Finch, did you try the cab? what's the feedback on it working with Fido?

Now only thing left is to find a way to trick the phone into thinking it's on Roger's instead of Fido and get rid of that roaming problem.

fone_fanatic

Aug 4, 2005
Central Texas

Now only thing left is to find a way to trick the phone into thinking it's on Roger's instead of Fido and get rid of that roaming problem.

If you don't want to try the fido cab, go ahead and try the Generic cab which doesn't touch any of the apn/data settings.

Report back with your results :D

clausg

Jul 8, 2006
Singapore
Auto Connect?

Hi, I have installed the generic cab. But one question: do I have to establish the data connection by myself manually? I mean, applications like explorer or email do connect automatically once they need it. Apparently AGPS doesn't.
Further, as far as I understand, the generic cab should work everywhere if not limited by your carrier, right? I wonder if it works in Singapore though. Any ideas?

tjex

Aug 19, 2008
Vancouver

Fido seems to work well. Initial fix can be slow but pretty damn fast afterwards.

fone_fanatic

Aug 4, 2005
Central Texas
Hi, I have installed the generic cab. But one question: do I have to establish the data connection by myself manually? I mean, applications like explorer or email do connect automatically once they need it. Apparently AGPS doesn't.
Further, as far as I understand, the generic cab should work everywhere if not limited by your carrier, right? I wonder if it works in Singapore though. Any ideas?

Not 100% sure if it is supposed to activate the data connection or not. If it doesn't, just fire up internet explorer before you decide to use your GPS to have a data connection.

And the generic cab is without data settings, so yes it should work in singapore or with any carrier :D

Thank you very very much
enables aGPS on my T8285 in USA

Your welcome ;)

Reactions: Mr. V.

patcat007

Sep 28, 2005
Mumbai
I applied the Generic Cab of GPS settings to my Touch Pro using an Energy ROM Build 6.5 21864 and Radio 1.14.25.05. I must say this is one of the most useful cabs floating around. The GPS locks in about 5 secs. Its almost as if Big Brother is watching you. Thank you Fone Fanatic your cab was of great help.

fone_fanatic

Aug 4, 2005
Central Texas
I applied the Generic Cab of GPS settings to my Touch Pro using an Energy ROM Build 6.5 21864 and Radio 1.14.25.05. I must say this is one of the most useful cabs floating around. The GPS locks in about 5 secs. Its almost as if Big Brother is watching you. Thank you Fone Fanatic your cab was of great help.

your welcome :D

and about the big brother comment, thats why this cab does the following
so this doesn't let big brother follow, although, if he did want to he really could and we can't do anything about that :p

glad this helping people out as it did me!

evilc

Mar 2, 2005
London
I installed the generic one on my TP which is on T-Mobile UK.

It did not seem to get a quick lock when I had the data connection disabled.
I enabled the data connection and it seemed to get a quick lock.

So I take it that the generic one will not fire up your data connection itself, but if you get an operator specific one it can?

If so, could I have a version for T-Mobile UK please? I am not sure what the password is, these are the settings I can find on my phone:

APN: general.t-mobile.co.uk
User: T-mobile
Pass: ??? (Starred out)

Is there not maybe some way of taking this info from the phone or automating this process so you dont have to make unique versions of this app?

And what about QuickGPS, does this make it redundant?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATED TO USE GOOGLE SUPL 3/30/10!

What people are saying:

I must say this is one of the most useful cabs floating around. The GPS locks in about 5 secs. Its almost as if Big Brother is watching you. Thank you Fone Fanatic your cab was of great help.

after installing this my locks were almost instantly, seems like this is the cure for all our GPS problem...

Here is my own aGPS settings cab.
    Created originally for my Raphael, but works perfectly fine on my Rhodium (Touch Pro 2) and should work on any other WM6.1/5 aGPS capable device.

This replaces the default aGPS server to the one GOOGLE aGPS server. This has been found to dramaticaly increase GPS lock speed! After applying this cab i get cold Locks in about 20 seconds and warm gps lock in under 15!

Don't be scared to try it out as its easy to revert to defualt settings!

Try it out and report your results!

DynamicURL to supl.google.com (searched on the internet and many people claim much faster locks than the default h-slp.mnc410.mcc310.pub.3gppnetwork.org)
    ServerIP to 74.125.113.192
    ServerURL and TLSHostName to supl.google.com
    Decided to just make a Generic one that sets the nokia aGPS server, enables aGPS, disables Location info and no network configuration.

[UPDATE: The cabs are the SAME as the previous ones titled FF ATT/Fido/Generic Nokia aGPS Settings, I just changed Nokia to Ultimate because I was getting PMs on how to install them on nokia devices]

update 3/30/10: updated the cabs to use the google supl which is provided on android devices!

There is no need for carrier specific settings, they should automaticly fill in from info already on your device. If you go to HKLM\Software\HTC\SUPL aGPS\ and APN, Network, and GPRSConnection are empty after you've installed the cab and soft reseted, then post here and i will make carrier specific cabs.

[06/08/2010] Re-attached the supl.nokia cab as requested. Please test and compare to the newly attached "FF Ultimate aGPS Tweak_supl.google_Generic.cab" and report your results.

When i ping supl.nokia.com requests time out leading me to believe nokia's servers are down, or they changed them to something else.

[size=+2]With FF Ultimate aGPS Tweak_suple.google_Generic.cab i get a lock in under 15seconds, even after hard reset!![/size]

Not 100% sure if it is supposed to activate the data connection or not. If it doesn't, just fire up internet explorer before you decide to use your GPS to have a data connection.

And the generic cab is without data settings, so yes it should work in singapore or with any carrier :D

Thank you very very much
    enables aGPS on my T8285 in USA

Your welcome ;)