Has anyone noticed the "Check battery" dialog box appearing after reboot?

Search This thread

dnap941

Aug 7, 2012
Hello all,

Today I stumbled onto something that is rather annoying. As I was tweaking which apps I'd like disabled, I noticed that the "Check Battery" box pops up on every reboot, especially if I don't immediately unlock my phone. Because I never noticed before, I thought it was all the tweaking I did so I re-enabled everything. It still continues to show though, so I decided to factory reset. It still continues to show!

Now, when you first buy the GS5. If you remember, upon every reboot, you will be welcomed with a "make sure to check battery cover" until the third message, which allows you to disable the dialog all together.

Now, this is where my problem exists(perhaps even yours as well). Reboot your GS5. Do not unlock it when it starts up. Let the phone shut off the screen(default is 30 seconds). Wake the phone and unlock\swipe to go into your home screen. You should see a glimpse of the picture attached. It happens very fast, but it is clearly visible.

Funny thing is... if you reboot the phone, log in immediately after, there is no problem with this quick dialog pop up at all. I mean, it isn't really a problem to begin with. I would just like to know if its faulty software or my GS5.

Thanks in advance,

Dominick

Last edited:

dnap941

Aug 7, 2012
No one? Oh man, I'll definitely be heading to the Verizon store later... lol

Hello all,

Today I stumbled onto something that is rather annoying. As I was tweaking which apps I'd like disabled, I noticed that the "Check Battery" box pops up on every reboot, especially if I don't immediately unlock my phone. Because I never noticed before, I thought it was all the tweaking I did so I re-enabled everything. It still continues to show though, so I decided to factory reset. It still continues to show!

Now, when you first buy the GS5. If you remember, upon every reboot, you will be welcomed with a "make sure to check battery cover" until the third message, which allows you to disable the dialog all together.

Now, this is where my problem exists(perhaps even yours as well). Reboot your GS5. Do not unlock it when it starts up. Let the phone shut off the screen(default is 30 seconds). Wake the phone and unlock\swipe to go into your home screen. You should see a glimpse of the picture attached. It happens very fast, but it is clearly visible.

Funny thing is... if you reboot the phone, log in immediately after, there is no problem with this quick dialog pop up at all. I mean, it isn't really a problem to begin with. I would just like to know if its faulty software or my GS5.

Thanks in advance,

Dominick

tsachi

Sep 23, 2010
It's that the notice on cover not tight? To let you know that it's not water safe?

dnap941

Aug 7, 2012
Yes. I believe this one is referring to the battery covery. It's closed. It's tightly closed. The message appears so fast I had to slow motion a video to obtain the picture I've provided above. It doesn't happen every reboot. It only happens when I reboot, let the phone turn off screen, and then unlock it. I'll see a glimpse of that message and it closes automatically.

It's that the notice on cover not tight? To let you know that it's not water safe?

dnap941

Aug 7, 2012
Okay so I had some time and made it down to the Verizon store. I can replicate the problem with ease. I know most of the average phone users will probably never notice, but I think I can confidently say that this is a software glitch on all of our GS5's. lol

initial_k

Feb 25, 2011
Okay so I had some time and made it down to the Verizon store. I can replicate the problem with ease. I know most of the average phone users will probably never notice, but I think I can confidently say that this is a software glitch on all of our GS5's. lol

This is normal. I get the warning everytime I reboot my phone. This is just a warning, even if your cover is tight. You can check the option do not show this again to get rid of the warning.

Also a trick you can do to take a screencap of your phone is to press and hold home and power at the same time.

Screenshot_2014-04-29-16-32-01_zpshfmhzbpg.png

Last edited:

f308gt4

May 14, 2011
You know what, I've noticed this too.

It's quite fast. It's probably the same message box that comes up, and since I've checked to not see the message again, it comes up and then disappears. You have to be very quick to catch it.

urcboss07

Aug 4, 2007
Hello all,

Thanks in advance,

Dominick

Yes, I saw that as well. I think it just a reminder so people pay more attention to close the back cover properly and firmly to avoid water to get in if phone accidently drops in water since s5 designed to prevent from water damage.

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
Yes, I saw that as well. I think it just a reminder so people pay more attention to close the back cover properly and firmly to avoid water to get in if phone accidently drops in water since s5 designed to prevent from water damage.

thats exactly what it is lol. mine never pops up on reboot since i selected not to warn me when i had the chance

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

karasahin

Sep 10, 2015
This is normal. I get the warning everytime I reboot my phone. This is just a warning, even if your cover is tight. You can check the option do not show this again to get rid of the warning.

Also a trick you can do to take a screencap of your phone is to press and hold home and power at the same time.

Many S5s do not have turning those pop-up warnings off like Verizon models, we need a solution to turning these off without compromising the phone's warranty... :(