(Update) Ordering Google Nexus 5 from outside the UK, US, Germany etc

Search This thread

nleitao

Mar 4, 2012
bought mine yesterday on media markt... 399euro

im portuguese in belgium... no play on Portugal or Belgium...

nleitao

Mar 4, 2012
In Oostende ( I guess it's like this that it spells ) it was the only one 16GB White. In Kortrijk the Media Market also have it. 16 Black. Found yesterday while walking by there to see if they have flip covers. In Liege was sold out, I have been told it will arrive next week.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

nadram

Nov 15, 2010
Fair warning before you buy it from the US Play Store: if you plan on using LTE, make sure your local provider uses any of the bands compatible with the Nexus 5

Sent from my Nexus 5

miHah

Jun 12, 2011
Ljubljana
www.dinozavri.info
Tried to pay with my Visa with German Cardholder name and adress, with German billing and shipping (all the same).

I got this error.

BTW Im from Slovenia

Attachments

• sadfa.jpg
    sadfa.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 251

btk97

Aug 5, 2013
Guys, how are you?

Does anyone know how taxes works when importing from France to the United States? I am interested in buying the Nexus 5 in France and telling my friend to ship it to US, asking another friend who is there to bring the phone to Brazil.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

jimlad

Jul 14, 2009
So I just wrote this little guide
well thanx for trying but i get the "Sorry! Devices on Google Play is not available in your country yet." so the Goog are able to see through the TOR disguise?.. I'm off to Old BLighty for xmas thought i would buy one for my son and it saves 50 euros on the ripp off Dutch price :( {sigh}

Gormsen

Apr 30, 2011
Aarhus
well thanx for trying but i get the "Sorry! Devices on Google Play is not available in your country yet." so the Goog are able to see through the TOR disguise?.. I'm off to Old BLighty for xmas thought i would buy one for my son and it saves 50 euros on the ripp off Dutch price :( {sigh}

Well, it worked for me.
Did you create a new Google account when using Tor? Otherwise you'll get that error that message you described.

And guys, as I've said earlier: a lot of people have reported problems when ordering from Germany, please try the English Google Play instead.

Sent from my Nexus 5

miHah

Jun 12, 2011
Ljubljana
www.dinozavri.info
i have the same problem did you find a sulotion ?

Yes I found a solution = http://www.handtec.co.uk/

You can order VAT free (if you are a business owner like I am, or you know someone that has his own business to order that for you) and the price is 404EUR. With shipping to my country all added = 420eur which is great. I'd otherwise pay 410 for device + shipping to Germany on play store, but after all that you have to ship your package to your country what makes Handtec a lil cheaper :))

If you don't own any business than you'll have to pay the full price which is arround 480eur.

About Play Store - no solution

mrso5

Nov 13, 2013
Problem

Google play took my money from bank card but no any confirmation email, and know it refund my money but no any email from them that I am declined or something. Any suggestion ??

Sn00ky

May 28, 2013
Tried to pay with my Visa with German Cardholder name and adress, with German billing and shipping (all the same).

I got this error.

BTW Im from Slovenia

Did the error message come up when you clicked accept and pay button? :/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

YSYSY

Dec 5, 2013
My friend, i'm with the same error, i need to buy one Nexus 5 and send it to US but i got always the same error like yours, you manage a way to pass thought it?;)

Thanks

I'm getting "unsupported payment method", tried about 4 different international cards, creates a german google user (using a german VPN) and tried to send it to a local german address, all failed.

Reactions: alex_herrero

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I just wrote this little guide on how to buy the Nexus 5 when living outside UK, US, Germany etc. If you don't know someone in that given country, then Google will be your friend. There are plenty services on the internet which will recieve and ship products for you.
    If this does not belong here, then mods feel free to move it.

1. First you need to download the Tor client/package. Here: https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en
    Go for the browser bundle, it makes everything much easier.
    Unpack it and move it to you desktop (for convenience) - Open the client by clicking the icon "Start Tor Browser.exe"

2. Now you have to configure the client to work with exitnodes. This is done in settings. First check this:

Settings1.png

Then click this and check all six options.

Settings2.png

So far so good. Now exit the client, close it completely.

3. The next thing you'll have to do is finding the fingerprints you want to use. I used fingerprints from the UK, 'cause I wanted to buy the Nexus 5 on the UK Playstore.
    Go to this page for fingerprints: http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/index.php?SR=CountryCode&SO=Asc
    You can sort the different nodes as you want to. Now choose 3 from the desired country. Just for the convenience of it, lets say UK.
    Click the name of the router to access it like in the pic, choose a router with long uptime, since they are more reliable.

Nodes1.png

Then copy the Fingerprint into Word, Notepad or whatever.

Nodes2.png

Do this until you have three fingerprints.

4. Go back to your Folder with the Tor client. Go into the folder "Data", then the folder "Tor". You should see a file named "torrc" Right-click this and choose "Edit" (Use Notepad or Notepad++ if you have that)

Now write:
    ExitNodes {insert fingerprint 1}, {insert fingerprint 2}, {insert fingerprint 3} (remember to remove the spaces in the fingerprints)
    StrictNodes 1

It should look something like this.
    torrc.png

Now save, run your Tor client again, wait for it to say "Connected to the Tor network" or something like that, It will open the browser, and you're good to go.

5. Create a new Google account with address in you chosen country, in this case UK.

6. Open your normal browser (Chrome, Firefox etc.) and go to wallet.google.com
    Input you credit card details, still with the same address as before.
    (I did it this way, because I don't fully trust the Tor network..)

7. Go back into the Tor browser.
    Apparently Google has beefed up their security, so we have to change this last step. Sn00ky was able to order from Germany, look below:

Ppl I ordered it !!. The thing is that google recognizes the Tor network and probably prevents the purchase. When I made a German acc in Tor, it was associated with the German play store. Now I entered in that account in Chrome and voila, the play store still opens without Tor browser (I am outside Germany). Just ordered as if I am in Germany, although not. Purchase was accepted, pending status. :)

Go to https://play.google.com/store/devices
    Order Nexus 5
    Profit

Hope you enjoyed my little guide, if it doesn't work, you have done something wrong. But don't worry, just delete the folder, unpack it again and start over. This is far easier than finding out what you did wrong.
    Also some fingerprints don't work, like Torland1 and Torland2 from UK.

Angelvg has written a guide on how to use Openvpn, it's in Spanish though :)

Hi guys,

I write how to unlock geographic location with OpenVPN.

This tutorial work in
    * Android (without root)
    * FreeBSD
    * GNU/Linux
    * Mac OS X
    * Windows

Is write in Spanish, but have auto translation to English

The bad for some people (maybe) is pay €5 for the OpenVPN account with blackVPN, but if you find buy in Google Play Store and the Tor is complicate...

http://www.angelcontents.blogspot.com/2013/12/openvpn.html

Please hit the Thanks button if you found this helpful :)
    If you want to you can write a guide, and I'll add it to the OP? :)

1. Download and install the TunnelBear client from www.tunnelbear.com.
    2. Create a new TunnelBear account.
    3. Sign in to TunnelBear.
    4. Choose your country of choice and turn the knob to ON. In this example, we will be buying from the US Play Store, so choose United States.
    5. Once connected, go and create a brand new Google account which you will exclusively use for ordering devices from the Play Store. To be on the safe side, use Incognito/Private Browsing/InPrivate Browsing mode.
    6. Sign in to your Google account and add devices to your Play Store cart.
    7. At checkout, add your US shipping address (if you're buying from the UK Play Store, add your UK shipping address).
    8. Add your non-US credit card number, expiration date and security code.
    9. For billing address, use the name on your credit card but for the address, use your US shipping address. Google should not be picky about this.
    10. Buy.

Next time you want to buy from the US Play Store again, repeat steps 3, 4, 6 and 10.
    That's okay, headquarters for Europe is in Ireland, the phone will send from the warehouse in Holland.
    I ordered through Germany Google play, transport in the Czech Republic shall mailboxde. I created a new account and pay Czech Mastercard, billing and shipping address, I entered the same, ie the address box mailboxde. After ordering the 31st October, I was still in pending status google wallet. November 2 in the internet bank appeared unrecorded transactions telephone. About an hour ago I got an email that the phone is sent to the address mailboxde.
    The German google play I got by entering the proxy from this list: http://www.proxynova.com/proxy-server-list/country-de/
    Google charged the nexus 5 from my bank card but no any confirmation email...any suggestions?

This is normal, me also Google blocked money and about two days later I received notice of shipment.