MX player get rid of subtitle enable and diable option?

Search This thread

py930828

Dec 29, 2015
OnePlus 6
There was a time that MX player will auto load subtitle that is in the same folder as the movie file, and it is gone now. It does have a option for saving the subtitle file in a specific folder. However, I found this is really hard to do as there are so many exact step to do. Image how am I suppose to do it if I want to watch a movie in my TV system through my USB? In a TV system it is really hard to find the directory.

Therefore, I really wish that this functionality can be back! I suggest that there is an option for disable the embedded subtitle and set the external subtitle as priority.

Please tell me if there is any suggestion! Thank you!

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
There was a time that MX player will auto load subtitle that is in the same folder as the movie file, and it is gone now. It does have a option for saving the subtitle file in a specific folder. However, I found this is really hard to do as there are so many exact step to do. Image how am I suppose to do it if I want to watch a movie in my TV system through my USB? In a TV system it is really hard to find the directory.

Therefore, I really wish that this functionality can be back! I suggest that there is an option for disable the embedded subtitle and set the external subtitle as priority.

Please tell me if there is any suggestion! Thank you!

Thanks for the feedback.
The settings was removed as a part of simplifying the options. We have understood the troubles involved in selecting an external sub. We will change the subtitle selection logic to prefer the external subtitle over the muxed one.

py930828

Dec 29, 2015
OnePlus 6
Thanks for the feedback.
The settings was removed as a part of simplifying the options. We have understood the troubles involved in selecting an external sub. We will change the subtitle selection logic to prefer the external subtitle over the muxed one.
Thank you, can you tell me a estimating time for a newer version that fix this problem? Just easier for me to check mxplayer's website on schedule.

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Thank you, can you tell me a estimating time for a newer version that fix this problem? Just easier for me to check mxplayer's website on schedule.

MX player has inbuilt version checking mechanism. So no need to worry about that.
At the moment our developers are busy in bringing more features on board. So, I can't give any ETA at the moment.

ChrisDos

Sep 5, 2009
Denver
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Please bring back the global disable subtitles option. Wife is not happy that she has to keep disabling a subtitle for each video she plays. I'd rather have more options then not enough options.

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Please bring back the global disable subtitles option. Wife is not happy that she has to keep disabling a subtitle for each video she plays. I'd rather have more options then not enough options.

Thanks for your feedback. Your concern is forwarded to our developers team. Kindly wait for some time till we release a update with the solution to address this issue.

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Yes. PLEASE allow us to disable subtitles. They are not turning off.

Hi,

You can just uncheck the subtitle from the subtitle panel to disable.
If it's not disabled, there can be two reasons.
  1. In Some devices HW decoder renders subtitles automatically due to the poor mediaplayer implementation. It automatically displays the closed captions. Either you can disable closed captions from system settings or you can use HW+ or SW decoder.
  2. It's hard coded to the video frame itself. There is no way to to get rid of it as it's a part of the video frame.