Galaxy S compatible 1800mah battery for $20

Search This thread

CuriousTech

Nov 16, 2010
Floor
You should be asking this in the Q&A section for your ROM and also read everything in both the Q&A and Dev section about that specific ROM, whichever one it is. There are probably others experiencing the same issues. I would not suspect this is caused by the Epic 4G battery.

zeronothing

Dec 13, 2006
I had been experiencing bad battery life on my captivate running CM7 and CM9. So I always used a deodexed ROM for my captivate which seem to be better on battery. When I found out about the Epic battery fitting my captivate I logged on to Amazon and purchased one of them right away and boy I'm glad I did. It has made all the difference in the world even running CM9. I now easily last all day. where as I had to plug my phone in at least 8 hours into my day. I highly recommend the Epic battery if you have a Captivate.

zeronothing

Dec 13, 2006
hi, i wanna try this new battery but i see there are 2 options:

mobilecityonline:
http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wireless/store/productdetail.asp?productid=28506

samsung:
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EB625152VABSTD

has anyone try the one from Official Samsung page?
why mobilecityonline is selling this for half price?

They are both the same battery. Buying it straight from Samsung means your paying the inflated price. I purchased that same battery from Amazon which was right around $19-$20 bucks. I'm glad I bought it to because it lasts me all day.

Reactions: cas0404

vdupham

Jan 8, 2011
I bought the new battery today . I read the first time using instruction , but I still do not understand , Can you help me ?
1.Full charge and discharge 4, 5 times ????

JimmyD_92

Feb 26, 2011
Kentucky
I bought the new battery today . I read the first time using instruction , but I still do not understand , Can you help me ?
1.Full charge and discharge 4, 5 times ????

Charge to 100%, use the phone until it shuts off from low battery, then recharge to 100% without using it. 2-3 cycles should be plenty.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

nok6100

Jan 31, 2011
Hi guys,

So i dont know if i trust the Anker one. but the original samsung 1800MAH seems good. also i got the same battery in the original post for only $12 including shipping from amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Stand...for+Samsung+Epic+4G+Touch+SPH-D710+EB625152VA

do you guys think i made a mistake or is the samsung a bettery choice?

I have seen both the Samsung and Anker battery in action, and both perform equally well in my opinion. Personally I just stick with the Samsung, but would not hesitate to purchase the Anker one if I needed to. :cool:

hshaikh

Jul 30, 2008
so i just got the samsung 1800 Mah in the mail, sharging it now and will wipe battery stat after. i recently bought the captivate used from craigslist. by the look of the phone I would say it was 6 months to a year old. i got a good price. the original battery manufacture date is 07/2010.

that being said I assume there is some wear involved in the old battery. what do you guys think the old battery was rated at? so i know what to expect. iwas getting about 16 hours with the old battery with moderate use. so bearly a day

CuriousTech

Nov 16, 2010
Floor
Expect very close to 24 hours with the same use. It sounds like you're on ICS. That was the worst for battery life.

hshaikh

Jul 30, 2008
yes i am on CM9. so will it still run 24 hours you think. i dont mind charging everyday i just wanted to make sure it lasts a full day. before it was like 16 hours. so if it was a long day and i dont get home until midnight it may not have lasted

also i see you are using a jelly bean version for the cappy. do you think that is better than ICS?

hshaikh

Jul 30, 2008
i dont think there was a consensus. but if there are equal id go with OEM samsung just becuase it will probably be more reliable in the long run. I always buy cheap chinese accesories (cases, headphones, screen protectors, memory cards) but the one thing where i dont compromise is chargers and batteries.

Reactions: garr89

nok6100

Jan 31, 2011
Expect very close to 24 hours with the same use. It sounds like you're on ICS. That was the worst for battery life.

ICS was worst for battery life? I think froyo and gingerbread would be worse, ICS gives really good battery life, JB is good on the battery too, if you install a good build of it (ie.DT) IMHO. :cool:

CuriousTech

Nov 16, 2010
Floor
I was getting up to 6 days on this battery with 2.3.6 and thunderbolt. That was Saurom. ICS dropped it to 2 days on the same use. JB is at about 2.5 days. So it's a little better, but right now that's with something keeping WiFi on 100%.

@hshaikh Yes, I think JB is as good if not better than ICS right now, and getting better. I've been doing nightlies so no-wipe flashes. I got the 24 hours based on the increase to 1800 from probably under 1200 if your battery is the original 1500. They do wear down.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello there, Captivate people! Visitor from the Vibrant forums here. We found and tested an 1800mah battery that, while intended for the Epic Touch 4G, fits and works perfectly in the Galaxy S and all it's variants. I've personally tested it in a Samsung Fascinate and a Samsung Vibrant. The Fascinate was a tighter fit than the Vibrant, but the battery door closed just fine.

I've personally tested the battery over the past week and it lasts significantly longer than the default 1500mah battery (I'm a relatively new Vibrant user, so my battery is only a couple months old). The math seems to match up with the 1800mah claim. To be clear, this isn't as surprising as it would be if this were a random Chinese ebay battery. This battery is made by Samsung for the Epic Touch 4G. It's noticeably thicker than the stock Galaxy S battery, but not so thick that the battery door on the Vibrant and Fascinate won't close completely.

The battery can be found here:

http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wireless/store/productdetail.asp?productid=28506

I spent quite a bit of time trying to find the best 3rd party battery for my phone, and lo and behold, the best one comes from Samsung itself.

If you'd like to read more than just my humble opinion, here is a link to the thread started in the Vibrant forum:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1262035

Hope this information is helpful. Enjoy your Galaxy S!
    Here is the battery in the phone, plus attempts to show how little the battery size affects the back cover:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Basically, it's barely noticeable and is ever so slight. It just makes the latch a little bit harder to close, that's all.

Charging to 100% right now, will report on stats after it drains overnight and tomorrow.
    Running CM7 nightly #135 with Glitch V12B3 OC to 1200, also UV. Charged to 100% with the phone off, cleared battery stats from CWM, and then have been unplugged since then.

In the time the phone was on:
    -Around 100 SMS sent/recieved
    -RSS and weather widgets updating every hour
    -Sync on
    -On HSDPA the entire time, wifi only for a minute or two
    -Music with Google Music player v4 (ICS version) for 1.5 hours
    -Music with Subsonic (streaming MP3) for 1 hour
    -30 minutes of games

Compared to 1500mAh battery (manufactured June 2010), this battery lasts probably 30% longer. I'd say 10% due to age of the original battery, plus another 20% due to increased capacity.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
    Does it charge into the cell phone?

Yes, it charges in the phone. I'm including a screenshot of it charging, plus a couple photos of the new battery.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
    Just received the battery from mobilecity. I was leaving my home as I saw the package, so no photos or long term report. Initial impressions though:

Most importantly, the phone works. I'm typing this on it. The battery came with a 45% charge, so normal.
    The battery is a little thicker than the original, and a little heavier. The back cover is slightly tight fitting.
    Will try charging in a little.