[Q] Having trouble after cm11 update

Search This thread

solom200

Jul 12, 2012
Hi, i had been on cm 11 and it was running 4.4.2. I had already done an OTA update to get on kitkat, so i wasnt wrried about doing another by cm. So i did the update and when my phone rebooted after it just had finished, the phone doesn't want to start. Its been hanging on the samsung galaxy s4 startup screen and refuses to change. I pulled the battery many times out. What should i do?

solom200

Jul 12, 2012
Hey can someone please help me out, i cant get on my phone at all.I also did a factory reset data wipe on my recovery and it still hasnt worked.

Vigz

Sep 16, 2012
If your phone is stuck at the screen that reads "Samsung Galaxy S4", then it is probably having trouble booting or reading the system partition. Do you remember what Android version you were on prior to installing CM 11?

solom200

Jul 12, 2012
If your phone is stuck at the screen that reads "Samsung Galaxy S4", then it is probably having trouble booting or reading the system partition. Do you remember what Android version you were on prior to installing CM 11?

uhmm well i was on i think 4.2.2 the one the samsung has stock. And then i put cm11 and it was like 4.3 and then i got an ota update and i got 4.4.2. I just assumed that getting another would be fine. So i got one today and i did it, but yea thats what happened.

Vigz

Sep 16, 2012
uhmm well i was on i think 4.2.2 the one the samsung has stock. And then i put cm11 and it was like 4.3 and then i got an ota update and i got 4.4.2. I just assumed that getting another would be fine. So i got one today and i did it, but yea thats what happened.

Ok, I think you may have to flash back to Samsung's 4.2.2 firmware and flash CM 11 again via custom recovery.

Here is 4.2.2 tar. Flash it with Odin:
http://k0nane.info/rom/M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_TMB.zip

After flashing, you may be stuck on a bootloop. Simply, factory reset/wipe data in recovery mode. This will wipe data and internal storage. Once it boots correctly, download the latest CM11 build.

Last edited:

solom200

Jul 12, 2012
Ok, I think you may have to flash back to Samsung's 4.2.2 firmware and flash CM 11 again via custom recovery.

Here is 4.2.2 tar. Flash it with Odin:
http://k0nane.info/rom/M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_TMB.zip

After flashing, you may be stuck on a bootloop. Simply, factory reset/wipe data in recovery mode. This will wipe data and internal storage. Once it boots correctly, download the latest CM11 build.

uhmmmm...also im on a mac. How should i do that, like how should i bring it back to stock on a mac.