[Android 7.0+] AppRadio Unchained Rootless

Search This thread

michau83

Jun 12, 2006
Hello friends!
Thanks Area51 for AppRadio Unchained Rootless

I have Cyber Navi Pioneer Carrozzeria AVIC-ZH0009 (japan 2013 year) (windows embedded automotive 7 - A7B)
There is support AppRadio/Linkwith
And tv box Tanix TX92 (OS: Android 7.1.2, CPU: AMLogic S912, root yes)

Established AppRadio Unchained Rootless
Сonnected bluetooth
Select mock location app / Mock location app ARUnchained Rootless - Ok
Diagnostics -
CUi81bhYC5jh35RR6

Touch panel -Ok
GPS -

Help me please.
hi, how could you get the apk file? I search in the CHplay and could not find the app?

Area51©

Aug 30, 2013
Breda
Last edited:

ACROWA

Sep 23, 2018
Vladivostok
Any idea why it didn't work when you tried it last year?
Avic-zh0009 was on my desk. I think avic-zh0009 needs more time to determine the location.
I bought and used usb gps, but it was bad. Just began to change the settings and saw that everything works.

Another question do you speak Japanese?
Not :( I use https://translate.google.com :D

I know those devices for the Japanese market only support Japanese language. Or can you change the language in some way?
Yes, only Japanese language.
We tried to do the translation in the same way as they do at http://avic411.com/.
But in Avic-zh0009, the localization files are in the windows kernel. And the translation is very difficult to do.

Please forgive, I don't know English well and use https://translate.google.com

James206mann

Apr 5, 2019
Can anyone shed some light on a problem I'm having? Everything worked OK when my set up was huawei p20 Pro, sph-da110 and Microsoft wireless adaptor except the screen casting would often drop out. I believe this was due to WiFi scanning which I need for WiFi calling due to zero reception at home. I have been trying a usb c to hdmi cable which works great for music but GPS signal keeps getting lost and calls and Google don't seem to be able to find the microphone so I can hear them but they can't hear me. Tried turning off mock locations under the workaround options but no change. Any ideas?

Area51©

Aug 30, 2013
Breda
Can anyone shed some light on a problem I'm having? Everything worked OK when my set up was huawei p20 Pro, sph-da110 and Microsoft wireless adaptor except the screen casting would often drop out. I believe this was due to WiFi scanning which I need for WiFi calling due to zero reception at home. I have been trying a usb c to hdmi cable which works great for music but GPS signal keeps getting lost and calls and Google don't seem to be able to find the microphone so I can hear them but they can't hear me. Tried turning off mock locations under the workaround options but no change. Any ideas?
GPS signal getting lost:
It seems you are using the phone's GPS. When using a HDMI cable with not too great shielding it's possible that harmonics of the HDMI signal takeout or disturb the GPS signal.
Solution a) Get a better quality HDMI cable and install that.
Solution b) Use the GPS from the SPH-DA110. Hopefully the head unit's GPS receiver isn't installed too close to the HDMI cable. To do so follow instructions from paragraph 2.7 of the app's user's manual: https://goo.gl/CBDRCc
For the microphone I have no solution. You don't mean normal phone calls I guess because that's done via HFP protocol by the head unit directly.

Mtinker6

Mar 3, 2019
Fickle

Annoyingly, after working fine for some time, now, upon Aruba connecting the screen appears on the head unit, telling that it is unlawful to view video and to confirm that the vehicle is stationary and give the handbrake the old, in-and-out. This doesnt work and the ok button remains greyed out. Could weep....

Area51©

Aug 30, 2013
Breda
Annoyingly, after working fine for some time, now, upon Aruba connecting the screen appears on the head unit, telling that it is unlawful to view video and to confirm that the vehicle is stationary and give the handbrake the old, in-and-out. This doesnt work and the ok button remains greyed out. Could weep....
It's the handbrake input. How is it wired and is your AppRadio US model or EU?

Mtinker6

Mar 3, 2019

Update. Bypassed. Fixed. Thanks again.:)

robsy

Oct 28, 2010
Screencast auto connect stopped working after Pie update

As per my title my phone, Samsung Galaxy s8 no longer automatically connects to my headunit, pioneer sph da110, using screenbeam mini 2. I have to manually go to the smart view screen and select the device to connect. Has anyone else had this issue? Any possible fixes?
Thanks.

Apr 23, 2019
Hi, i've been trying to find this app with my iphone 8 but no luck. Then i had an idea to use my old phone and download the app since it was android, but again, no luck.

I don't find this app in google play store. What to do ?

Apr 23, 2019
What are you trying to achieve? On what target do you want to run the app?

I have an SPH-da100 appradio 2, i wanted to run it on my iphone 8 plus, i made it work, but it's a ceremony just for plugging it in, opening that multiple apps and making it work and this is not talking about the fact i need to have itunes which i don't use, so i need to pay for music i allready have.

My goal is to turn on the key and get music instantly by pressing buttons on the radio screen FOR FREE

I was thinking of using one of my old phones that will live in the glovebox permanently plugged to the radio and play the music from the phone by accessing the phone through the radio.
It is a Sony Ericsson Xperia. I don't know if i'm asking too much from life, but if i can't do it with my phone, i'll use a tv stick, i allready ordered it from ebay, because i need it anyways for a tv at home.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Great news regarding AAUnchained. Finally video streaming to my Pioneer Android Auto head unit is working and it is really stable. See here for a demo: AAUnchained video mirroring demo.
    This demo shows the AAUnchained app running on my old Nexus 6 with Android 9. It's connected wirelessly to the head unit via an AAWireless adapter. AAunchained mirrors the phone's screen to the head unit directly, 'talking' the Android Auto protocol. Because Android Auto is not used, all of the screen estate is available for mirroring.
    Next things to do is to get audio working and implementing touch from the head unit to the phone.

I did some more testing with audio and it's also sent to the head unit using the AA protocol. Capturing internal audio is only possible with Android 10 and higher so that's going to be a requirement for the app. Have to see how that works but it's not nearly as difficult as getting the video to work.

Touch is even simpler. Touch info is already sent via the AA protocol, just a matter of hooking it up.
    Now have audio working as well. Going to add touch and then make a full demo.
    AppRadio Unchained Rootless allows full mirroring of your phone from your AppRadio. This means that any app can be controlled from the head unit screen and not just a few that are specially adapted.

AppRadio Unchained Rootless is available from the Play store here: AppRadio Unchained Rootless
    The user's manual is available here: User's manual

For this app to work Android 7 or higher is required. As Android 7 only allows to inject complete gestures, a gesture has to be completed first on the head unit before it will be dispatched to the phone. It works similar to record and playback. Suppose you need to do a long press of 2 seconds, first press for 2 seconds, once you lift your finger it will be dispatched and replicated on the phone where it will take 2 seconds as well. It's recommended to only do things that take a short time so there won't be too much delay.

Important
    The 'Smartphone setup' on the head unit needs to be set correctly for Android as by default it's configured for Iphone. Go to Settings->System->Input/Output Settings->SmartphoneSetup and set Device to 'Others' and Connection to 'HDMI'. See this video: Smartphone setup

Any other AppRadio related app needs to be uninstalled as this blocks the connection to AppRadio Unchained Rootless.

AppRadio mode requires that your device is connected to the HDMI input of the head unit. Depending on the device this can be done with a MHL / Slimport / Miracast / Chromecast adapter. This app supports automatic connection to wireless screencasting devices. Since Google API doesn't support this directly it is done via the phone's GUI. Note that only the phone's built-in screencasting capabilities can be used.

Because this app may not work for your setup there's an extended trial period of 48 hours. In order to claim this simply request a refund within 48 hours after purchase by emailing the order number to the support email address.

Supported head units: any AppRadio that supports Android AppMode via HDMI.
    For example: SPH-DA100, SPH-DA110, SPH-DA210, SPH-DA120, AVH-X8500BHS, AVH-4000NEX, AVH-4100NEX, AVH-4200NEX, AVIC-X850BT, AVIC-X950BH, AVIC-Z150BH, AVIC-6000NEX, AVIC-6100NEX, AVIC-6200NEX, AVIC-7000NEX, AVIC-7100NEX, AVIC-7200NEX, AVIC-8000NEX, AVIC-8100NEX, AVIC-8200NEX

Units that have AppRadio mode via USB (a.k.a. AppRadio One) are not supported.

Android 7 Bluetooth bug
    If during connection 'Accept thread error' is displayed this is not because of a bug in the app but due to a bug in Android 7.
    It can be fixed by disabling BT background scanning: Go to Settings -> Location, in top right menu click Scanning -> Bluetooth Scanning.

The following features are supported:
    - Multitouch
    - AppRadio buttons
    - GPS data transfer via mock locations (only works with head units that have a GPS receiver)
    - Wake lock
    - Rotation locker (to put any app in landscape mode)
    - Real calibration
    - Start on HDMI detection (for use with phones and HDMI adapters)
    - Notifications to indicate connection state
    - Diagnostics
    - Automatic Bluetooth toggle for improved connection

Beta test version
    The beta test version has the latest features but can also contain bugs.
    You need to become a tester of the AppRadio Unchained Rootless app to be able to get it.
    Please apply here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/mars.area51.arunchainednr

Beta test release notes
    - Fix for black menu text color, now white as it should be.
    - SWC commands can now be directed to a target app.

- Fix for calibration out of range.
    - Fix for delay of casting start.
    - Support for automatic casting on Samsung Android 9.
    - Fix for startForegroundService.
    - Fix for rotation locker.
    - Change HDMI wired connection trigger to be triggered by Bluetooth connection.

AppRadio is a registered trademark of Pioneer.
    Disclaimer: You are solely responsible for using this app in such a way that it does not impair your ability to drive.
    A coincidence that you ask , but recently I started working on AAUnchained again. I talked to some people about it and got some new insights as how to go forward.
    It's pretty tough but I am slowly making progress. It's pretty stable now when talking to the OpenAuto head unit simulator. I can also talk to my Pioneer head unit via AAwireless but not stable yet. Plan to do some tests to talk to the head unit via USB and iron out the kinks. The code that I have now is basically a prototype and nowhere near production quality.
    @Area51© have you seen those repositories : AACS and AAVideoSink ?
    You could use it as explained here .
    I think I had a look at that and it was not very useful for me. I already have code that can do more than that.

My main issue was getting system audio (REMOTE_SUBMIX) from Android. I managed to do that only with a rooted phone. Recently I discovered that it's possible to get system audio with only shell rights (via ADB) in Android 12 and up.
    Now there's the Shizuku app that can be used to use ADB rights in your app. I have been doing some experiments with that and got system audio capture working on a non rooted phone.
    Furthermore this could also be used to capture video without the need to give consent each time the app is started.
    Touch can be injected without the need to use an accessibility service. This way real touch events can be injected giving much better response than the gestures via an accessibility service.
    Last but not least it gives the possibility to set the aspect ratio to match the head unit's aspect ratio so there's no black bars.
    And the best is that no root is necessary. You only need to install the Shizuku app and enable Wireless debugging.

Next week I have some time available so I will be working on getting some of this working in my prototype and hopefully will be able to make a demo.