Treo 750 WM6 Rom questions

Search This thread

snowdonx

Jul 31, 2007
I have a few questions in regards to the Treo 750 WM6 rom

Will the AT&T rom work within Australia?
If no why not?

What skillsets are required to make your own rom?

I sincerely thank you for any help.

dma1965

Mar 13, 2005
This should be in the technical discussion. No need for a new thread.

Moderator, can you delete this thread, please?

summiter

Jan 29, 2005
Hi snowdonx, welcome to xda-dev.

I don't see why it wouldn't work in Australia - but I can't say for sure so someone else will have to give you a definitive answer there.

As far as making your own ROMs - everything you need to know can be learned here. I'd suggest reading some of the newer guides in the Hermes forum to get started.

To give you a head start - there's a couple basic things to be aware of. First, newer devices like the Hermes and Treo 750 will not allow flashing of custom ROMs, or more correctly, ROMs that aren't signed with a carrier or manufacturer certificate. The bootloader (SPL) enforces this. So the first step in getting custom ROMs on a device is putting in place a modified bootloader that allows unsinged ROMs. The number of folks who can do this is very limited compared to the number of folks who can build customer ROMs.

Creating the ROMs, in a nutshell, involves dumping an existing ROM using tools available here, making modifications, rebuilding the ROM, and flashing.

Hope you enjoy your stay here. =)

I have a few questions in regards to the Treo 750 WM6 rom

Will the AT&T rom work within Australia?
If no why not?

What skillsets are required to make your own rom?

I sincerely thank you for any help.

snowdonx

Jul 31, 2007
Does it work on the NextG network on Telstra? i'm pretty sure it should since HSDPA is included on the Treo ROM Upgrade... and how do I get the telstra software and settings onto the treo as well? Do I need to unlock the sim at all?

irv777

Dec 7, 2004
Hi, I'm in Aus aswell and thinking of getting an unlocked 750V from ebay......just a question about how the IMEI is changed after upgrading to the UNOFFICIAL WM6, what will happen if the OFFICIAL WM6 rom becomes available...are we able to upgrade without problems....i know this has been asked before on other threads but no one seems to know the answer......i guess those that have upgraded to the leaked roms will find out when they try to upgrade the official rom when it becomes available......

Aug 14, 2007
Just try the official WM6 ROM in the upload dir on the ftp:

uploads/Treo 750Cheetah/WM6 ROM Cheetah Treo 750v

Download the NBH, put it on an empty memory card and insert it into the Treo

Push the sidebutton (below the volume keys), the right softkey below the display and reset with the stylus (all together) and the bootloader starts and you can upgrade the treo to WM6 with HSDPA enabled.

Cheers mate!

irv777

Dec 7, 2004
thanks, also what are the main differences between 750 and 750v models?.....apart from the word 'vodafone' stamped on the actual phone.....

Aug 14, 2007
thanks, also what are the main differences between 750 and 750v models?.....apart from the word 'vodafone' stamped on the actual phone.....
the main difference is that the Vodafone firmware has Vodafone presets and Vodafone theme next to the standard Windows themes and settings. (Customisation for Vodafone). In the original WM5 rom, there was no messenger available. In WM6 the Live Messenger is back ! Other than that, I don't think there are other differences.

S

sincere8

So it's almost the same, just Firmware version on AT&T is newer: 1.47.02.00 VS Firmware version: 1.47.25.00