Choosing icons from another theme...

Search This thread

billykxda

Mar 19, 2012
I think I did this back when I first got my G2, but I've forgotten how...

If you have one theme installed, how can you select specific icons from another theme?

In the theme I have installed, certain apps that happen to have icons defined by the theme naturally default to those theme styles. But the some of the stock icons are actually better, IMO. So, while I remain in this theme, can I select some stock icon styles?

Sorry if this has been explained too many times before.
-bk

Trixanity

Mar 11, 2014
Try pressing and holding the icon you want to change and then click the purple brush that appears.

Edit: by pressing and holding I mean long pressing

Last edited:

billykxda

Mar 19, 2012
Thanks! Got that, but the icons that are offered are only from my selected theme - not from the stock LG theme.

I seem to recall that there is some other way - or an extension of this - that provides access to other icons outside of the selected theme.

Trixanity

Mar 11, 2014
Ah, sorry then. Been a while since I was completely stock. So I'm working off my memory. I was sure that you could still pick an icon somehow.

I used unicon for my themes until I just ended up using a different launcher. I'm not sure if it's any help.

kikuratab

Jan 8, 2011
Hi,

I have done this but can't remember the app I used. It was called icon extractor or something and allowed you to extract icons from themes into your gallery.

Then when you long press the icon on your homescreen to get the purple indicator you can choose the icon from your gallery.

Nick.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app