Z1 good enough.? What u think

Search This thread

Hamodi

Apr 25, 2011
Hi everyone.
Im about to get a new phone and im confused with
Z1 or HTC m8
Any one had compare this phone together.?
I'v heard that z1 camera is way better than the m8 is that true?
I wud be glad to hear both sides. The advantage and disadvantage of the z1 or HTC m8
Thank you in advance

And yes I had Xperia S for 2 years

tomascus

Recognized Developer
Jun 5, 2012
Melbourne
Hi everyone.
Z1 or HTC m8
I wud be glad to hear both sides. The advantage and disadvantage of the z1 or HTC m8
Thank you in advance

A good idea to start is to use google and youtube to search. I just did it, took around 6 seconds and found many results.

Hamodi

Apr 25, 2011
I did that already
Its not a big deal to see what others thought and if they satisfied with there z1

123.xxx

Mar 10, 2012
I think Z1 is better than M8, I dont talk about the hardware, I talk about the experience :D

t1mman

Oct 8, 2008
I personnaly don't like the HTC UI, it's a lot heavier than sony's and it's weirdly placed (compared to Google Experience or even sony's).

Overall, I think the Sony's UI is intuitive and clean, closer to a stock Google Experience.

Aegethir

Jul 27, 2013
I haven't had any first hand experience with M8, just felt it in hand at a service provider's stand, and I quite don't like it. It has a pretty weird length/width ratio, making it look elongated, and not wide enough. Plus, just like fellow posters mentioned it, HTC Sense UI doesn't make much sense to me, so to speak.

As for Z1, it looks just as classy (if not more so), cleaner and lighter UI, blazingly fast, better camera. Not to mention battery life. Have been happily using this Z1 since last November, best smartphone I've had so far.

So, in my opinion, go for Z1.

0000alex0000

Nov 25, 2010
if you drive and use navigation app alot, stay away from z1, or probably from android. this sh*t can't even run a navigation + music player through bluetooth at the same time for 1 or 2 hours. reinstalling the firmware doesn't help. huge joke for this much hardware specs... as a driver who has to drive at long distances, i really regret getting the z1, or android... even my 3 years old nokia n8 can do a better job, seriously. so much for android's failed multitasking

Aegethir

Jul 27, 2013
if you drive and use navigation app alot, stay away from z1, or probably from android. this sh*t can't even run a navigation + music player through bluetooth at the same time for 1 or 2 hours. reinstalling the firmware doesn't help. huge joke for this much hardware specs... as a driver who has to drive at long distances, i really regret getting the z1, or android... even my 3 years old nokia n8 can do a better job, seriously. so much for android's failed multitasking

I am sorry you have such problems, which, honestly I have never experienced. And, yes, I have been using navigation on the Z1, and the music player at the same time. Haven't had any problems on JB, and no problems on KK.

Perhaps you should use a GPS dedicated unit for long distances (I have got a Becker Ready 50, for that matter) although I have used the Z1's navigation for the past 6 months, with no problems whatsoever.

So going on like this will not help the OP, since both phones he mentioned run on Android, and both use the same Bluetooth protocols and also same Google Maps navigation system. But since you mentioned that Nokia N8, well, maybe he should reconsider then.

0000alex0000

Nov 25, 2010
I am sorry you have such problems, which, honestly I have never experienced. And, yes, I have been using navigation on the Z1, and the music player at the same time. Haven't had any problems on JB, and no problems on KK.

Perhaps you should use a GPS dedicated unit for long distances (I have got a Becker Ready 50, for that matter) although I have used the Z1's navigation for the past 6 months, with no problems whatsoever.

So going on like this will not help the OP, since both phones he mentioned run on Android, and both use the same Bluetooth protocols and also same Google Maps navigation system. But since you mentioned that Nokia N8, well, maybe he should reconsider then.

actually... the problem was that if i drive about 1 hour, the navigation and walkman player will just shut off by themselves, no force close window, nothing... even if they won't shut off by themselves, sometimes they are stuttered and laggy... same thing will happen even if you only use navigation... there is no problem if you are using the navigation for short distances but it's quite dangerous when that problem actually happens on the road.

don't go get N8, i was just saying. the app quality and quantity are too horrible. if OP really only wants to choose between these two, then definitely Z1 (camera), although it won't be a mistake to choose M8 (build quality). but if OP relies heavily on navigation like me, then go get a Lumia.

crixley

May 25, 2012
For everything other than camera and waterproofing, go for m8.

The screen, speakers, sound, etc are light years ahead.

Also way way more development

shem2409

Feb 5, 2013
Hull
www.youtube.com
Hi everyone.
Z1 or HTC m8
Thank you in advance

I have had a chance to compare the Z2 camera (the same module) against the One M8. Here is a detailed comparison:

The question is .... why are you comparing Z1 to one M8 instead of the Xperia Z2?

I have tested all three and the question is what you are looking for in the phone. Camera-wise there is no match to Xperias in terms of quality of pictures.

Xperia Z1:
+ Camera
+ IP Rating
- Not an IPS panel = poor viewing angles
- Shatterproof film on the screen with imprinted Sony logo
- Poor speakers
-/+ Blocky Design
- No IR Sensor or podometer

One M8:
+ Awesome Speakers and audio quality both on headphones as well as speakerphone and speakers
+ Very comfortable rounded design (slightly big bezels)
+ Better screen than that on Z1
+ IR Sensor + Podometer
- The body scratches easily
- No IP rating

Xperia Z2
A lot of things that were wrong with Z1 have been fixed in Z2 :good::
+ IPS Display
+ Front-facing stereo speakers (no match for M8 as they have waterproofing but still better than most competition)
+ Noise-cancelling headset
+ 5.2 inch display with better screen to body ratio (almost same size as Z1)
+/- Blocky Design
- No IR sensor or podometer

Reactions: sruba209 and Hamodi

Hamodi

Apr 25, 2011
Thx for this review,
I didnt go for Z2 cuz it is big on hand.
I didnt try it by my self and I didnt know the z1 had thos problem while Z2 dont ?
Will consider it from now on
Thanks for this information

SaeedFazlollahzadeh

May 2, 2014
Sari
Hi everyone.
Z1 or HTC m8
Thank you in advance

That's right M8 pics are better and has more quality than Z1, but Z1 hardware is better
Sony UI is not so heavy to use most spaces of the Ram
Z1 is heavier and can take more damages, even it's water resistance and you can safely take it in water and take pics

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone.
    Z1 or HTC m8
    Thank you in advance

I have had a chance to compare the Z2 camera (the same module) against the One M8. Here is a detailed comparison:

The question is .... why are you comparing Z1 to one M8 instead of the Xperia Z2?

I have tested all three and the question is what you are looking for in the phone. Camera-wise there is no match to Xperias in terms of quality of pictures.

Xperia Z1:
    + Camera
    + IP Rating
    - Not an IPS panel = poor viewing angles
    - Shatterproof film on the screen with imprinted Sony logo
    - Poor speakers
    -/+ Blocky Design
    - No IR Sensor or podometer

One M8:
    + Awesome Speakers and audio quality both on headphones as well as speakerphone and speakers
    + Very comfortable rounded design (slightly big bezels)
    + Better screen than that on Z1
    + IR Sensor + Podometer
    - The body scratches easily
    - No IP rating

Xperia Z2
    A lot of things that were wrong with Z1 have been fixed in Z2 :good::
    + IPS Display
    + Front-facing stereo speakers (no match for M8 as they have waterproofing but still better than most competition)
    + Noise-cancelling headset
    + 5.2 inch display with better screen to body ratio (almost same size as Z1)
    +/- Blocky Design
    - No IR sensor or podometer