Search This thread

roozbeh

Feb 13, 2004
3d1.JPG
3d2.JPG

Program Name : 3D AltTab
System Requirements : QVGA\VGA WM5 and WM6
Memory Requirements : 5mg during animation
Other Requirements : Phone must be unlocked!
Compatibility issues : Wont work with 2003 OSes!
Author : Roozbeh GHolizadeh

If you liked this program please donate!
This way you help further development of this application.

Description :

This program brings you a 3D cube which will be used to switch/rotate between running programs.
This will be useful if you assign a hardware button to it.Currently program dont do that automatically!
Use Settings->Personal->Buttons to do that.(assign it to '3D AltTab Switcher').

You can also customize your animation effects from settings,and also animation speed.
If program doesnt show animation either you are low on memory or you have to manually assign a Graphic engine(like GAPI or DirectX) to program.(from settings)

For gaining Startup speed of program,use make resident and also start server.
this way animation starts a bit faster!

---------- What is the server in settings -----------------------
--------- This explanation below is not for newbie users :) -----
--------- If you think yourself as an advanced user read this ---------------

Program also includes a server program.Which normally you can run it from program's settings.
The main purpose of this sever is to make animation smoother.
This server also prevent some black and bad/garbage windows during animation which you will get sometimes if you are not running this server.

This server will remain resident in memory(only 7kb)and takes snapshot of programs whenever you close them.
So the only speed penalty is when you click X button(and only this way),and no memory footprint.
Program saves screenshots of programs as bitmap files(.bmp) into a location where you installed this program.(Memory or Storage Card).
So if you do a lot multitasking(and also keep them open) it will consume your disk space.
Each screenshot is normally around 200kb.So if you have more than 3mg of free space in your storage card or internal storage you are safe!(it can accommodate more than 10 screenshots which you never open that much programs!).
Note that program only keep screenshots of current running applications so whenever you close one,you actually free screenshot and space from your memory/storage card.
Program also dont take screenshots when you reach storage space below around 1mg.
Because this server uses lots of undocumented APIs it MIGHT hang or ruin or DESTROY your device.So beware!(although it is unlikely).

Server also doesnt start automatically with windows.You have to run it by Program settings or put it into startup folder(file name is 3daltserver.exe).(which i did myself).

Anyway from users experiences running server all the time in background is safe and no harms so far has been reported.
So all this warning after more tests in next version will be removed.

NEVER EVER UNINSTALL PROGRAM WHILE SERVER IS RUNNING.
Future versions will prevent this but for now dont even think about doing that!

Version history :
v0.4 :
- New Fade animation.
- Option to make program resident in memory for better starting time.
- Fast drawing option for slow devices.

v0.3 :
- First official release.
- Addition of program settings.
- Different animation effects.
- Inclusion of server program for better results.

v0.2b :
- Program is now a lot faster.
v0.1b :
- First beta release

Download Program from here

Enjoy.

Attachments

• 3dalttab_0.2a.cab
    289 KB · Views: 654
  • 3dalttab_0.3.cab
    396.5 KB · Views: 1,453
  • 3dalttab_0.4.cab
    404 KB · Views: 4,149
Last edited:

bedoig

Aug 5, 2006
Sounds cool! A Vista-like Flip 3d would be sweet too! Trying it now.

Last edited:

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
well.. it works wonderfully on my wizard.. it's a bit slow but considering it's a 195Mhz and i'm running other programs as well.. it's really really great. i'm all in for putting it as a built in task manager in my PPC.. and i'm getting my new polaris tomorrow and itll certainly be on it. thank you very much.

bedoig

Aug 5, 2006
Seems to be working OK on a Sprint Mogul (HTC Titan). Mapped it to a hardware key, and it is switching like it should. I did get one device freeze immediately after mapping it to a hardware key and activating it. Some programs in particular (Internet Sharing and WMWiFiRouter so far)seem to always show a black screen when rotating. Mainly sounds like bugs you already know about. Can't wait to see where this goes.

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
also.. how do you reside it in the memory? i put it on startup and all it did is switch a window when i loaded the PPC... didn't stay in memory.

Last edited:

roozbeh

Feb 13, 2004
:) you dont put it resident,thats what i should implement!
it is supposed to just run once!

mimbo

Jan 2, 2008
Good idea! I downloaded to my Elf, and it switches between dialpad and last call review, not between programs running

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
Great idea! I think as a task manager, anyway to make it load faster would be great!

bigray327

May 18, 2006
Houston
Great idea. I have a big interest in this, especially if it's just a Vista style interface where I could keep pressing the button to cycle through the running apps. I'd also like to see the ability to NOT show certain apps, like ActiveSync.

Please keep up the good work!

dr_tracker

Jul 19, 2007
Santo Domingo
Great app, I don't open several apps at a time very often, but installed it to test and report.

Running on a Hermes with PDA Viet ROM. After installing it and mapping a hardware key, my device froze, but after rebooting it began working like a charm, lags a little at first, but it definitely looks promising.