[APP] SideSqueeze 2.08 - add squeeze gestures to your Note8!

Search This thread

ffolkes

Oct 18, 2006
New Jersey
What is SideSqueeze?

SideSqueeze is an innovative and unique app that uses the barometric pressure sensor in your device to detect squeezes and screen presses. It is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy devices from 2017 onwards, although some people have reported varying degrees of success with Pixel devices.

What It Does

SideSqueeze gives your S8/S9/S10 series Galaxy the ability to respond to squeezes, double squeezes, triple squeezes, quadruple squeezes, long squeezes, and/or inertial squeezes, as well as force presses on the screen. For example, you can double squeeze your phone to activate Google Assistant...or maybe you'd like to quadruple squeeze to toggle auto-rotation. And now with Tasker integration, you can even create elaborate tasks to do just about anything and trigger them with any type of squeeze! SideSqueeze's new modular GUI allows you to pick and choose what you want to do with ease.

Features (not all available in trial version)

• 7 detectable squeeze types (single, double, triple, quadruple, long, long double-squeeze, and inertial)
  • 3 detectable press types (single, long, and 2-finger)
  • Independently selectable criteria allow you to assign multiple actions to any trigger type (if lockscreen open, if homescreen open, if camera open, if S-Pen detached, if within 5-seconds of power on, if the phone is ringing, if in-call, or if screen is off)
  • New app picker to launch any app of your choosing
  • Tasker integration to launch any task of your choosing
  • Quick Settings tile to toggle detection engine
  • Wide selection of common actions, such as flashlight toggling, status bar toggling, etc
  • Adjustable pressure thresholds
  • Calibration assistant to customize SideSqueeze to your device's unique characteristics
  • Efficient detection algorithm that is designed to be as lightweight and low-power as possible with no significant impact on battery life

Questions?

See the in-app Help section for answers to commonly asked questions.

Where do I get it?

SideSqueeze 2 is now available on the Play store!

Screenshots

sidesqueeze_ss1a.png
sidesqueeze_ss2.png
sidesqueeze_ss3.png
sidesqueeze_ss4.png
sidesqueeze_ss5.png

Last edited:

dave7802

Jan 23, 2007
Liverpool
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Interesting concept, but I think it's wrong. It's using the touch screen pressure as it's gauge from what testing and results I could fetch.

Correct me if am wrong but I didn't think devices had a sensor for pressure in the reference made out in this app???...

Reactions: input80

ffolkes

Oct 18, 2006
New Jersey
Interesting concept, but I think it's wrong. It's using the touch screen pressure as it's gauge from what testing and results I could fetch.

Correct me if am wrong but I didn't think devices had a sensor for pressure in the reference made out in this app???...

The app detects squeezes by monitoring the barometric pressure sensor inside your sealed device. An algorithm looks for changes of the proper type and magnitude that correspond to squeezing the sides, and an action is performed. Once you learn how to squeeze it, I find it to be reliable. The FAQ (and video clip) describe how best to do it.

justinxfan

May 4, 2015
GB
meettomy.site
I tried it and the squeezing is wildly inconsistent. On top of that it activates even when I'm scrolling the screen with one hand. Great concept, but doesn't work very well sorry.

Gardenx

Aug 3, 2016
Amazing... impressive how it work well, I have a note 8 and use the app all day long, no bugs until now.

Please make more options, like turn off the screen and shooting selfies on camera.

ze4life

Dec 5, 2010
Dublin
the adb command "adb shell sh /sdcard/grant" returns a "no such file or directory"

nvm it works now after the update. thanks

Last edited:

ElixirD

Feb 25, 2018
I like the idea of it, I'm not facing any trouble when I remove my case and SQUEEZE! However, while using the Stand case for the note 8 (made by Samsung) I can't get it to work.

bober10113

Mar 12, 2017
works with cases, just adjust sensitivity. one thing i noticed is that app gets killed quite easily.i have to constantly relaunch it. other than that, i feel like i have a pixel 2!

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is SideSqueeze?

SideSqueeze is an innovative and unique app that uses the barometric pressure sensor in your device to detect squeezes and screen presses. It is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy devices from 2017 onwards, although some people have reported varying degrees of success with Pixel devices.

What It Does

SideSqueeze gives your S8/S9/S10 series Galaxy the ability to respond to squeezes, double squeezes, triple squeezes, quadruple squeezes, long squeezes, and/or inertial squeezes, as well as force presses on the screen. For example, you can double squeeze your phone to activate Google Assistant...or maybe you'd like to quadruple squeeze to toggle auto-rotation. And now with Tasker integration, you can even create elaborate tasks to do just about anything and trigger them with any type of squeeze! SideSqueeze's new modular GUI allows you to pick and choose what you want to do with ease.

Features (not all available in trial version)

• 7 detectable squeeze types (single, double, triple, quadruple, long, long double-squeeze, and inertial)
    • 3 detectable press types (single, long, and 2-finger)
    • Independently selectable criteria allow you to assign multiple actions to any trigger type (if lockscreen open, if homescreen open, if camera open, if S-Pen detached, if within 5-seconds of power on, if the phone is ringing, if in-call, or if screen is off)
    • New app picker to launch any app of your choosing
    • Tasker integration to launch any task of your choosing
    • Quick Settings tile to toggle detection engine
    • Wide selection of common actions, such as flashlight toggling, status bar toggling, etc
    • Adjustable pressure thresholds
    • Calibration assistant to customize SideSqueeze to your device's unique characteristics
    • Efficient detection algorithm that is designed to be as lightweight and low-power as possible with no significant impact on battery life

Questions?

See the in-app Help section for answers to commonly asked questions.

Where do I get it?

SideSqueeze 2 is now available on the Play store!

Screenshots

sidesqueeze_ss1a.png
    sidesqueeze_ss2.png
    sidesqueeze_ss3.png
    sidesqueeze_ss4.png
    sidesqueeze_ss5.png
    1.009 - March 23rd
    - Added support for S7 series devices (mixed reports of success)
    - Last update broke ForcePress, it has been fixed
    - New directions for S8/+ and Note8 devices, see Help tab
    - Runs as a foreground service now to prevent the system from terminating, sadly this means a notification must be displayed
    - Pressure threshold can be set as low as 5 (may cause false-positives)
    - Tweaks to pressure gauge
    - Added option to disable while in a call
    - Changed name of 'About' tab to 'Settings'
    - Added some actions (screenshot, power) for rooted users, more to come soon
    - Button on FAQ tab for rooted users (in lieu of adb commands)
    - Oreo: Fixed crash after booting
    - Oreo: Fixed switch-to-last-app action
    - Various crash fixes

The app detects squeezes by monitoring the barometric pressure sensor inside your sealed device. An algorithm looks for changes of the proper type and magnitude that correspond to squeezing the sides, and an action is performed. Once you learn how to squeeze it, I find it to be reliable. The FAQ (and video clip) describe how best to do it.
    wonderfull app man...i'm tested now and work very well
    it will be possible to add own applications?

Thank you! :) Yes, I'll be adding that soon.
    Does not work for me on at@t note 8 with case on.

It will not work with a case on, as the dev said, it detects slight changes within the frame, which would be absorbed by your case, and thus not transmitted to the body of the phone itself