Verizon VS980 Kit Kat Push

Search This thread

Fastbird

Jun 28, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
I'm getting a VERY persistent software upgrade on my phone now from Verizon apparently pushing Kit Kat.

I'm rooted, no other mods but debloating and G2 Xposed and other apps.

Can I take this update? Will it wipe my phone? Would I have to reroot? I tried a quick search but I'm pressed for time and didn't see anything jumping out at me that answers my questions.

BAYOUREBEL

Nov 21, 2011
NO do not do verizon kitkat ota update

I'm getting a VERY persistent software upgrade on my phone now from Verizon apparently pushing Kit Kat.

I'm rooted, no other mods but debloating and G2 Xposed and other apps.

Can I take this update? Will it wipe my phone? Would I have to reroot? I tried a quick search but I'm pressed for time and didn't see anything jumping out at me that answers my questions.

I did the OTA kitkat today and bricked my phone and it was stock rooted. I am not sure if its just because it was rooted or because several things were disabled. My phone would only show LG logo and nothing else and turn off but still glow. I went to verizon and they troubleshooted it and could not get it to hard reset or anything. They are sending me a new phone under warranty. Sucks being without my G2 so unless you want to be like the rest of us dont do it.

Fastbird

Jun 28, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
I did the OTA kitkat today and bricked my phone and it was stock rooted. I am not sure if its just because it was rooted or because several things were disabled. My phone would only show LG logo and nothing else and turn off but still glow. I went to verizon and they troubleshooted it and could not get it to hard reset or anything. They are sending me a new phone under warranty. Sucks being without my G2 so unless you want to be like the rest of us dont do it.

Ewwww! Thank you for that. I'm sorry it happened to you, but thank you for the heads up. Can't be without my phone right now.

So how do I get this dang annoying software update message to quit popping up?

dreckis604

May 3, 2008
I'm also getting this upgrade push. Has anyone else upgraded??

Sent from my LG-D803 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Did you have custom recovery installed

dreckis604

May 3, 2008
I just removed the auto notification it worked

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398285617531.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398285617531.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 194

greyhd

Apr 27, 2012
I was rooted and turned off the software upgrade with TiBu. I decided to take the KK OTA, so I went back to stock with the LF flash tool, then took both OTAs. After the KK OTA finished, I rooted it with IOroot25 and loaded a recovery with Micromods "Freedom" mod.

Fastbird

Jun 28, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
I was rooted and turned off the software upgrade with TiBu. I decided to take the KK OTA, so I went back to stock with the LF flash tool, then took both OTAs. After the KK OTA finished, I rooted it with IOroot25 and loaded a recovery with Micromods "Freedom" mod.

What did you freeze to accomplish stopping the auto software upgrade?

Posted from my LG G2

WarlokkLLE

Apr 29, 2014
I can't stand that persistent update. I went to "knock on" my phone earlier tonight at work, wasn't looking at the screen, and tapped the Install Now accidentally haha went into a TWRP boot loop, but I just entered the terminal command code in TWRP (from a post I found on here) and I'm back in business. I'm definitely gonna use Titanium Pro like you did if those updates start up again though

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

vt.thomaso

Aug 16, 2010

What is the Freedom Mod? I can't seem to find any info on it....