Latest SQLite binary for June 2015

Search This thread

tech128

Oct 14, 2012
Well I got a little too busy this week to do much of anything, but I was able to get the armv6 versions compiled.

The armv7 versions work, but have pie-related issues.

Basically from now on there will be four sqlite3 versions.

1. armv6 w/ floating point support (this will be referred to as armv6)
2. armv6 w/o floating point support (this will be referred to as armv6-nofpu)
3. armv7 w/ pie support (this will be referred to as armv7-pie)
4. armv7 w/o pie support (this will be referred to as armv7)

That way it will work on all androids (with the exception of non-standard android environments)

It won't work on armv6 devices that have lollipop, but I couldn't find any of those, just kitkat.

We'll see if I can get the pie issues resolved tomorrow so I can release it, but I'm still pretty busy so who knows exactly atm.

Last edited:

glumetu

Jul 15, 2008
Xiaomi Mi Mix
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi all, a small question from my side.

I am running a Tasker shell script using sqlite3 commands on my rooted Note 3 with Lollipop 5.0 and have downloaded the corresponding sqlite-armv7 from here and pasted it (with proper rights) to the /system/xbin folder.

However when I run the task in Tasker I get the following error:
SQLite header and source version mismatch (one of the dates is in 2014 and the other one is in 2012!)

Any idea how to fix this - I'd really appreciate it!

tech128

Oct 14, 2012
@xdajog

No problem, happy to help!

@glumetu

Well I'm not 100% positive, but I think the problem is caused by sqlite-armv7.

Since I just created pie-compatible versions today, which is what lollipop and later need to work properly.

Reactions: glumetu

tech128

Oct 14, 2012
So I finally managed to update Sqlite after 5 months.

I am the busiest person I know, always trying to do a million things.

I rarely will drop a project, and when I do, I always leave some kind of explanation ( Just in case people wonder if the project is dead, etc )

Kionei

Jul 3, 2010
I just tried the sqlite3.armv7-pie.apk on my Moto X (2014), but I get a Parse error on install - There was a problem parsing the package. Any ideas?

andrew.mackew

Mar 25, 2011
I wonder, which one is the one for Note 3 (N9005) and Note 4 (N910C)? Just paste it to the correct directory and done? Do I have to run any script? What about the apk file? Should I need to install it too? Thanks

Last edited:

tech128

Oct 14, 2012
@Kionei and @andrew.mackew

Yes, you just rename the binary to sqlite3 and place it into /system/xbin and change the permissions to 755 or rwxr-xr-x

It is not really an apk, I had to name it like that because the forum system doesn't let me upload programs without an extension.

I'll use the pdf extension next time like Zepplinrox does, probably should make it a little less confusing.

Reactions: bbell101584

Kionei

Jul 3, 2010
That I understand, and it works fine. I'm not sure how I glossed over it. It's a shame you can't upload without an extension. As stupid as it sounds, I would put something like this your OP:

1. Download appropriate file
  2. Rename to /system/xbin/sqlite3
  3. Change permissions to 755

Maybe it'll save you from having to answer some foolish posts :).

Last edited:

tech128

Oct 14, 2012
@tech128 any change that we can get an updated SQLite 3.8.11.1 binary?

Sure, not a problem.

I haven't checked the sqlite homepage recently, so I didn't notice they updated it again.

I'd like to put a web page watcher on it, but all of them make you register or sign up.

For such a simple thing, I don't feel that should be necessary.

I'll see if I can find some time tomorrow to update it hopefully.

If not, then it will have to be on Sunday because I will be very busy on Saturday.

Reactions: edgarf28

tech128

Oct 14, 2012
Ok, the binaries are updated to the latest again.

I can't seem to edit the title like I used to be able to though.

I tried 4 different browsers, same result.

I don't know any mods, so I guess it's stuck that way for now :x

On a brighter note, I did manage to find a web page watcher that looks very nice and was exactly what I was looking for.

It's called changemon

Reactions: Rydah and edgarf28

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
Ok, the binaries are updated to the latest again.

I can't seem to edit the title like I used to be able to though.

I tried 4 different browsers, same result.

I don't know any mods, so I guess it's stuck that way for now :x

On a brighter note, I did manage to find a web page watcher that looks very nice and was exactly what I was looking for.

It's called changemon

Thanks, appreciate the update!

Well I just tried to compile SQLite v4, but they use a custom parser, so it doesn't work too well to try and cross-compile it atm.

Hopefully they're only doing that for dev purposes atm.

I'll keep trying every once in awhile to see if it'll compile...

Looking forward to it!

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

which would work on an arm64 v8? (LG G4)

tech128

Oct 14, 2012
@Rydah805

I'm not really sure. I don't have any access to arm64 capable hardware, so let me know.

I would think that only the armv7-pie version would work since arm64 is pretty new-ish and everything since lollipop requires pie.

I mean there are have arm64 emulators, but I don't have the time to play with that atm...

Reactions: Rydah

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
@Rydah805

I'm not really sure. I don't have any access to arm64 capable hardware, so let me know.

I would think that only the armv7-pie version would work since arm64 is pretty new-ish and everything since lollipop requires pie.

I mean there are have arm64 emulators, but I don't have the time to play with that atm...
Will try. Do I remove the file extension?

Sent From My LG G4

tech128

Oct 14, 2012
@Rydah805

Generally yes, but it's not required.

Android is not like windows where the file extension needs to be exe com scr

What matters most are the permissions. Usually I do chmod 755 file

ReneLeonhardt

Oct 6, 2015
Binaries for Intel x86 and SQLCipher (encrypted databases)

Thank you so much for providing the binaries to include the latest and much faster SQLite into Android apps!

1. Would it be possible to add binaries for the Intel platform to your build process in order to allow testing apps in the accelerated "Intel x86 Atom System Image"? Since Android 5 there also are Atom_64 images...
  2. Are the release builds optimized for space to minimize the resulting APK size?
  3. Would it be possible to cooperate with Zetetic.net /sqlcipher/sqlcipher-for-android/ to create encrypted databases with the latest SQLite driver?
Thank you and keep up the good work, greetings from Germany!

Miche1asso

Apr 11, 2012
Treviso
I installed the armv7-pie version in my Xperia M2 with Lollipop 5.1.1. So far it works great. It was exactly what i was looking for. thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I went through quite a few threads to find an updated, decent sqlite3 binary. Didn't find any that met that criteria.

So I compiled one.

Here's SQLite 3.8.11.1 combined into a single source file (the amalgamation) for ARM v6 and v7.

These binaries are built with optimized armv6 and armv7 flags.

Should work on Android 2.x and up.

I have attached 2 versions to this thread, compressed and uncompressed.
    I had to change the extension to xap otherwise I can't upload it.
    Just remove the extension.

Just download and run the uncompressed file, whereas compressed you have to uncompress it first.

Here's 2 alternative download links:

Compressed:

armv6

http://d-h.st/58Nn

armv6-nofpu

http://d-h.st/2ruo

armv7

http://d-h.st/UyJD

armv7-pie

http://d-h.st/xY2U

Uncompressed:

armv6

http://d-h.st/P5Im

armv6-nofpu

http://d-h.st/z0Ca

armv7

http://d-h.st/iiuF

armv7-pie

http://d-h.st/0Kp9

I now run 4 tests on the built binary.
    1. I import the chinook test database using -init and dump it.
    2. I open the already created sqlite database and dump it.
    3. I vacuum the chinook database.
    4. I reindex the chinook database.

Added 64bit file support, but it has not been fully tested.

Hopefully someone can do some tests with large five gigabyte data bases,
    otherwise I'll get to it eventually.

Also, since I've actually made changes to the sqlite3 code since the update in January, I've created a github.
    http://github.com/tech128/sqlite3
    My current sqlite3 binary won't work on Lollipop because it needs to be a PIE (position independent executable) and so far I haven't been able to find one compiled that way. Is yours?

Thanks

I'll attach one that I have working for me. You'll need to extract the zip and then place sqlite3 in /system/xbin and then you should be able to call your sqlite3 similar (if not the same) as you did before.
    Hi all, here is the archive of compiled binaries of the latest snapshot 201606031859 of SQLite for the next architectures:
    1. armeabi
    2. armeabi-v7a
    3. arm64-v8a
    4. mips
    5. mips64
    6. x86
    7. x86_64
    All binaries was compiled with PIE support. Archive includes:
    • sqlite3-static
    • sqlite3-dynamic
    • libsqlite3.so
    for each architecture.

You can download it here - sqlite-snapshot-201606031859-binaries-all-abi.7z. Also i was write a small guide how to compile SQLite using Windows PC and Android NDK, it's here. Initially it's in russian, but you can use Google Translate to read it.
    New binary!

UPDATE: Just compiled this using latest stable source (3.21.0). Compiled static, includes readline support.

Command line used, if anyone's interested (on a Debian 9 box):
    Code:
    arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-6 -march=armv7 -pipe -pie -I. -DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=0 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_EXPLAIN_COMMENTS=1 -DYYSTACKDEPTH=0 -DHAVE_READLINE=1 $( ncursesw5-config --cflags ) -fno-strict-aliasing -O3 -L. -Wl,--no-as-needed -Wl,--no-dynamic-linker *.c -static -ldl -lreadline -lhistory $( ncursesw5-config --cflags ) -s -o sqlite3-3.21.0-armv7
    So I finally managed to update Sqlite after 5 months.

I am the busiest person I know, always trying to do a million things.

I rarely will drop a project, and when I do, I always leave some kind of explanation ( Just in case people wonder if the project is dead, etc )