Screenshot_2015-06-28-10-28-11.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 20,048
  • Screenshot_2015-06-28-10-37-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-28-10-37-16.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 19,465
Last edited by a moderator:

BenjiHansell

Jan 30, 2015
Hi Zulu, I think I saw someone get a bit of hate for this suggestion with your Nexus Player LolliRock ROM but is it possible to install the Leanback Launcher onto this full Android ROM and emulate most of the Android TV experience? My reason would be that I want the freedom of the full Play Store app and settings but I do like the Android TV interface for use from my couch.
Also, presumably this requires an unlocked bootloader but not root because I've been struggling to root my 16 GB model.

Thanks for your work.

Last edited:
Reactions: nexuses

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
Hi Zulu, I think I saw someone get a bit of hate for this suggestion with your Nexus Player LolliRock ROM but is it possible to install the Leanback Launcher onto this full Android ROM and emulate most of the Android TV experience? My reason would be that I want the freedom of the full Play Store app and settings but I do like the Android TV interface for use from my couch.
Also, presumably this requires an unlocked bootloader but not root because I've been struggling to root my 16 GB model.

Thanks for your work.

Sure that you can. The leanback launcher is a stupid launcher like others but just a little more stupid because not support mouse. But you can start Android TV apps also without leanback launcher. http://www.apkmirror.com/?s=leanback+launcher&post_type=apps_post

You can start the leanback launcher also like an app if you create a shortcut like in this video https://youtu.be/NMqz8e33oq8 So when you install Android TV apps, you can have all in one bad place that is the leanback launcher. Without create a shortcut for every Android TV app. ( 10 in total :) )
I prferer Googl Now Launcher.

People not understand that you need just more accessibility on apps and this depend from developers.
You can control an app with a mouse, dpad or controller if a developer want this.
After that you can use Android, Android TV or also Android NOOB.

One thing is sure, Android TV is limited on purpose and you can't have all apps from Google Play.
The 320 dpi in build.prop is not compatible with many beautiful apps also if you sideload.
Every standard app is better and faster than the leanback version. Try standard youtube and leanback youtube to understand.
For me the life is too short to waste time with directional keys. I never used a classic Smart TV for this reason and all my TV are Smart TV.

For this reason i like full Android.

You think that if Android TV was better than Android I lose most of my free time to build these firmware ? I'm not so stupid.

But do not worry i appreciate and respect the requests of all

Last edited:

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
To have Youtube at 1080p and up read this post
https://plus.google.com/+VideomapIt/posts/QiC1Pksvzaq

I suggest to read also the comments. :) to understand really what i think.

I am very tired of the forced closures made to defend the economic interests of a few.
Many of these closures are also passed off as security but are just violations of the rules for fair competition between companies.

Last edited:

RebelebeR

Mar 18, 2012
Amarillo
I hope I am not overlooking something due to lack of sleep, but am I correct in saying the nvidia game controller that came with the box doesn't work in this rom? My box isn't recognizing the controller after flashing rom, gapps, and su

After reading a little closer I see it can be made to work if connected via usb, but I much rather have it work wireless since I use the box connected to a network cable and wireless network connection doesn't pose any interference for me. Is there a way to restore the wireless controller connection?

Last edited:

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
I hope I am not overlooking something due to lack of sleep, but am I correct in saying the nvidia game controller that came with the box doesn't work in this rom? My box isn't recognizing the controller after flashing rom, gapps, and su

After reading a little closer I see it can be made to work if connected via usb, but I much rather have it work wireless since I use the box connected to a network cable and wireless network connection doesn't pose any interference for me. Is there a way to restore the wireless controller connection?

For the controller in wireless mode: ( wired works well )

Request it to Nvidia sayng:

Please Nvidia if you sell an hardware controller, why you not publish the drivers for Android, Windows and Linux like all other companies that sell an hardware controller ? Or explain how to add it in a custom firmware ? You publish also the source code, why not publish it as closed binaries like others parts proprietary ?

In the second post you can find an alternative to use the controller in wireless mode.
It work better than native wireless mode, everyone can compare also in Nvidia Grid. ( Grid is beautiful also with my bad adsl )

And don't forget that you can use also any other standard controller ( also a 5$ chinese controller ), because the voice search capability and audio routing is possible in this firmware in many ways. The smarter way to make voice search in google now ( the full google now ) is with a webcam attached or with a bluetooth headsets. It's smarter because you can do this without nothing in your hands. Just sayng: " OK Google " + videochats in hangout and more...

Unfortunally i can't solve this for now. The only one thing that not work, but not for my incompetence.

I don't want use bad words to explain better why this behaviour. But smart people can understand.

Last edited:

Bboy486

May 9, 2011
Has anyone tried this on a shield tablet? I would assume you ca get a close experience. Also are the Nvidia apps bundled in the rom(controller, grid, game stream)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RebelebeR

Mar 18, 2012
Amarillo
I like this ROM, but I have come across a few things that might make me go back to stock. The problem with wireless game controller not working unless tethered to the device (Not zulu99's fault), and Doom 3 will no longer run. You start it and it immediately just goes back to the home screen without any error to reference. I downloaded the stock image and am still debating as to whether I want to go back to stock or not.. I didn't say it before and I should have, but thanks for all the time and effort you have invested in this ROM.

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
I like this ROM, but I have come across a few things that might make me go back to stock. The problem with wireless game controller not working unless tethered to the device (Not zulu99's fault), and Doom 3 will no longer run. You start it and it immediately just goes back to the home screen without any error to reference. I downloaded the stock image and am still debating as to whether I want to go back to stock or not.. I didn't say it before and I should have, but thanks for all the time and effort you have invested in this ROM.

you have read the second post about the controller config. it work well for me. what is your problem ? why you can't tether ? I'm curious.

Reactions: RebelebeR

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
Has anyone tried this on a shield tablet? I would assume you ca get a close experience. Also are the Nvidia apps bundled in the rom(controller, grid, game stream)

This firmware is for Shield Console, not for Shield Tablet.

Shield hub that have also grid inside can be downloaded directly from goole play.

for game stream i can work on the nvidia proprietary apk, but i tested Screen Stream Mirroring app and it work.

You can also record your gameplay with any app for screen recording so this is not a problem.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    114.4 KB · Views: 1,000
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 983
  • Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 994
Last edited:

Bboy486

May 9, 2011
This firmware is for Shield Console, not for Shield Tablet.

Shield hub that have also grid inside can be downloaded directly from goole play.

for game stram i can work on the nvidia proprietary apk, but i tested Screen Stream Mirroring app and it work.

Forgive my confusion but isn't the point of this rom to mimic the shield console on other android devices? I have the tablet and want to add the android TV experience to it and immersive mode. Wouldn't flashing this Tom accomplish that?

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
Forgive my confusion but isn't the point of this rom to mimic the shield console on other android devices? I have the tablet and want to add the android TV experience to it and immersive mode. Wouldn't flashing this Tom accomplish that?

No i ported full Android to Shield Console, because on Android TV you are in a walled garden and you can't have all apps from google play :)

In Android Tv you have also by default density to 320 dpi that is not good for standard apps.

If you like immersive mode you can simply use xposed framework.

Last edited:

Bboy486

May 9, 2011
Thanks for the clarification. With that said how can I get the android TV experience with Google now search on my tablet? Is it possible?

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
Thanks for the clarification. With that said how can I get the android TV experience with Google now search on my tablet? Is it possible?

read the second and fifth post
about xposed framework ( for selective immersive mode) i not know if it work on your tablet, on shield console it work.

Last edited:

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009

Thanks for sharing the Doom 3 problem. Yesterday after your words i had it working on my development build.

I will upload a new firmware version very soon that fix the problem.

Reactions: machx1111

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
New firmware version 1.4 updated in first post.

Compatibility with new games optimized for Tegra X1 like Doom 3
Improved performances

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-22-14-35-13.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-22-14-35-13.png
    203.4 KB · Views: 971
  • Screenshot_2015-06-22-14-35-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-22-14-35-27.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 982
  • Screenshot_2015-06-22-14-36-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-22-14-36-20.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 950
  • Screenshot_2015-06-22-14-37-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-22-14-37-30.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 964
  • Screenshot_2015-06-22-14-37-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-22-14-37-49.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 957
  • Screenshot_2015-06-22-14-38-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-22-14-38-05.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 968
Last edited:
Reactions: Idan73
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Content removed.
    Content removed.
    UPDATE:

For now i see a good signal from Nvidia to me :)
    The source was published. Now with many work, i must see what i can do.
    ( if a good full android 6 is possible, i need at least 8 days of very hard work )

THANKS NVIDIA

P.S.
    I think that the Android TV development must be built on top of the standard Android with specific launcher and specific apps that you can download from Google Play. Change the OS is really a bad thing for everybody. We can't force users in a direction or in another direction. The users must be able to choose.
    No one can imagine how many work i'm doing. From 7 of morning to the 3 of morning every day without interruption. Only 15 minutes for the lunch. I already known that Nvidia would make the best effort to block me, but i want full Android 6 and no one can stop me. If i reach this other miracle, i want the Nvidia developers here for the compliments :)

The work on full Android 6 is more difficult than full Android 5.1, Nvidia has studied my moves, but i will reach my dream.

P.S.
    I want something perfect.
    Because is simple create a firmware without the stock video 4k decode, special audio, 3D graphic, vulkan, no drm etc.
    The source code published have quite nothing inside, all the best parts are only inside the stock firmware and private.

For this reason in Internet there is this video, now i understand better the words of Linus Torvalds:
    https://youtu.be/iYWzMvlj2RQ

Thanks for your work.

Sure that you can. The leanback launcher is a stupid launcher like others but just a little more stupid because not support mouse. But you can start Android TV apps also without leanback launcher. http://www.apkmirror.com/?s=leanback+launcher&post_type=apps_post

You can start the leanback launcher also like an app if you create a shortcut like in this video https://youtu.be/NMqz8e33oq8 So when you install Android TV apps, you can have all in one bad place that is the leanback launcher. Without create a shortcut for every Android TV app. ( 10 in total :) )
    I prferer Googl Now Launcher.

People not understand that you need just more accessibility on apps and this depend from developers.
    You can control an app with a mouse, dpad or controller if a developer want this.
    After that you can use Android, Android TV or also Android NOOB.

One thing is sure, Android TV is limited on purpose and you can't have all apps from Google Play.
    The 320 dpi in build.prop is not compatible with many beautiful apps also if you sideload.
    Every standard app is better and faster than the leanback version. Try standard youtube and leanback youtube to understand.
    For me the life is too short to waste time with directional keys. I never used a classic Smart TV for this reason and all my TV are Smart TV.

For this reason i like full Android.

You think that if Android TV was better than Android I lose most of my free time to build these firmware ? I'm not so stupid.

But do not worry i appreciate and respect the requests of all