wifi stay on with airplane mode on

Search This thread

jerryspring

Feb 18, 2018
Want profile so that when airplane mode is on, I want wifi to stay on. Any ideas? Want it set for a certain time.

Snowby123

May 15, 2015
Wifi cannot be on when airplane mode is on. I have tried automating it with tasker, and manually doing it. I get errors. I think this is just the way airplane mode works.

Why use wifi with airplane mode anyways?

HatchetEgg

Jul 9, 2012
Nexus 7
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
There is a way of doing it there are some secure setting which you can toggle to prevent certain radio to switch off when activating aeroplane mode,

There is also a guide that I quickly found, which allow you to do it another way via a pc >

jerryspring

Feb 18, 2018
Wifi cannot be on when airplane mode is on. I have tried automating it with tasker, and manually doing it. I get errors. I think this is just the way airplane mode works.

Why use wifi with airplane mode anyways?
Um...yeah u can have WiFi on with airplane on. Done it tons of times.

Attachments

• Screenshot_XDA_Labs_20190729-221057.png
    Screenshot_XDA_Labs_20190729-221057.png
    128.2 KB · Views: 139

Fe Mike

Dec 26, 2014
Here's mine, it does what your asking

https://taskernet.com/shares/?user=...SOy/dBP01BrT44gcC6k4E=&id=Profile:Sleep+Cycle

It turns on airplane mode then every interval turns WiFi on to allow notifications then goes dark again. No add-ons needed just root. It uses shell commands for both WiFi and airplane mode with waits in-between.

Edit: There is also a shell command that allows you to pick what radios go off when airplane mode is turned on. So essentially you can omit WiFi so that when you turn ap mode on WiFi stays on. But in my profile I chose to turn it off manually by code so WiFi isn't on the whole time.

Last edited:
Reactions: jerryspring

Top Liked Posts