Easy tweaking the HTC Wizard ??

Search This thread

nicodekker

Jan 6, 2006
Westland
www.nicodekker.eu
Would people be interested in a simple program for changing registry settings? As an example some screen prints.

wizard1.gif
wizard2.gif
wizard3.gif

IMPORTANT: As this program makes changes to the registry it is important to first make a backup of your device.

Latest News. RegistryWizard is nominated for the PocketPC Awards 2007 and since the 10th of october even a finalist!

Suggestions for other tweaks are welcome.

Nico

Attachments

• registry_tweaks.doc
    94.5 KB · Views: 18,891
  • registry_wizard_source.zip
    67.9 KB · Views: 4,088
  • registrywizard_ppc.armv4_430.cab
    534.5 KB · Views: 16,186
Last edited:

treblechance

Dec 15, 2005
can't think of any other options but just having those on one screen would be excellent and save having to do them all through the registry (which I hate doing!!)

Good Work!

Drifter

Jan 4, 2006
Suggestion:

Different GPRS/EDGE Icon?

HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL\
EnableDifferGprsEdgeIcon from 0 to 1

Hide SIM contacts?

HKCU\ControlPanel\Phone
new DWORD value named "ShowSim" and set it to 0

Add the GPS Icon in control Panel?

Cheers,

Drifter

nicodekker

Jan 6, 2006
Westland
www.nicodekker.eu
Tweak2K2 versus HTC Wizard Tweak

I know the Tweak2K2 program, I even have a license for that. But as far as I now this handy utility has no specific support for the HTC Wizard. For instance the 802.11G tweak will probbly not available in Tweak2K2.
At this moment I'm working on the "Registry Wizard". The first steps are ready. On loading the program the several registry settings are read and the checkboxes are adjusted to show the current configuration. The second step will be to allow the user to change the setting by adjusting the checkbox. Clicking on the "Apply" button will pop up a messagebox asking to confirm a soft reset in order to activate the new registry settings.
Perhaps I can even build in a routine to check if the device is actually a HTC Wizard in order to prevent the program by mistake adjust registry settings on a non HTC Wizard.
For people interested in the program. The program is written with the aid of Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 (VB) and the OpennetCF addin.

Suggestions for other HTC Wizard tweaks are welcome. Bij the way the GPRS allways on setting is a little more difficult as the registry shows specific provider information (in my case T-Mobile). So the GPRS key setting might be a little more difficult.

Nico

willumpie82

Apr 27, 2005
www.willumpie.nl
is this tool compatible with wm2003 / magician?

this would be great to have also:

** sms notification always on **
Hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\inbox\settings\SMSDeliveryNotify = Dword:00000001 -> 0=off

nicodekker

Jan 6, 2006
Westland
www.nicodekker.eu
This program is in it's very early stage. In fact I just started this morning creating the program in Visual Studio 2005. I expect the coming week to post a very early beta version. And to be clear, everyone can be a beta tester or user. Just be a little patience because I don't want to mess up everybodies registry.

Unfortunally I have no knowledge of the other HTC devices so I'm not sure if that can be supported.

Kind regards,
Nico

eva_d

Jan 2, 2006
Zielona Gora (PL)
dawid.lorenz.co
nicodekker said:
Suggestions for other tweaks are welcome.

seems like quite useful tool! i would also suggest to include little explanations for each tweak, i mean what exactly each tweak does.

other reghacks:
- enable/disable switching cleartype off while changing to landscape mode
- ability to modify softkeys functions on today screen

btw, i don't know why there are two separate topics regarding this? :-o

nicodekker

Jan 6, 2006
Westland
www.nicodekker.eu
Request for device information

Please be so kind to post information reagrding the Device Information. My MDA Vario indentifies itself as a WIZA200 in:

Settings - Device Information - Identity - Model No.

Is this the same setting for all HTC Wizard devices? (Qtek, I-Jam etc.)

Nico

ZeBoxx

Dec 29, 2005
You know what be ultimately stupendously great - even if difficult to implement?
Read the registry key names, descriptions, and options from an XML.

This way your app is -never- restricted to what you code in it. If somebody finds a new tweak, add it to the XML, and it'll automatically show up in your app.

As I said.. implementing this would probably be difficult - but it would certainly be a killer 'user-friendly' registry tweak app.

jfai

Jan 23, 2006
XML

ZeBoxx said:
You know what be ultimately stupendously great - even if difficult to implement?
Read the registry key names, descriptions, and options from an XML.

This way your app is -never- restricted to what you code in it. If somebody finds a new tweak, add it to the XML, and it'll automatically show up in your app.

As I said.. implementing this would probably be difficult - but it would certainly be a killer 'user-friendly' registry tweak app.

I second that. Each tweak could have its own XML element. This way the changes of tweaks can actually be examined. New tweaks can be added, existing tweaks can be updated. People can examine what is done to their device in case they are a little bit weary - at least I would be.

The user interface would have to use a list/table instead of individual check boxes.

Since you are already working with .NET parsing the XML is no biggie.

PS: i-mate K-JAM device identification string - Model No = WIZA200

nicodekker

Jan 6, 2006
Westland
www.nicodekker.eu
Tweak Wizard

Reading settings from XML is not so difficult. Problem lies more in the fact how to show this on screen. For example, if the XML entries are over ten how to handle a new tab page etc. I think users want to have control (see on screen) which enties are involved.
But overall, a great idea.

Nico

ZeBoxx

Dec 29, 2005
yeah, the display bit is the bit that'd be difficult, really :)

Obviously there's hundreds of tweaks out there, and I'm not sure how feasible it is to show hundreds of form lines in a dialog. Not sure about tabs, though - why not make the form page scrollable?

Tabs could still be used for 'grouping' tweaks, of course, so that top level XML elements essentially describe the group, and tab label, and elements within that are the actual tweaks.

That sort of thing needs thought ;)

Anyway, was just throwing it out there because it seems there's so many little CAB files with registry tweaks, and so many apps out there that tweak 2-5 things, and then a few apps that 'do them all', but really only do those that the developer decided to include - and good luck waiting for updates. Something like an app that parses a text/XML app for these things would, quite basically, do away with all that silliness.
( CAB files, I suspect, would still be popular as it wouldn't require installing an application / modifying a text/XML ;) )

Edit: Oh yeah... Qtek9100EN (unlocked, dutch-bought): WIZA200.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OT: but can someone do me a favour and send me a copy of a Wizard registry (or a Wizard (stolen or not)! :wink: ). Feel free to chop out anything you don't feel appropiate, but I need to cross reference with the Uni.

It might benefit you guys as well, if you don't like the screen rotating as soon as you pull out the keyboard (which I think happens right?).

V
    Keyboard QWERTY

I know many people have bought these phones in different countries in europe and wish to use the WWE roms. I was just suggesting that you could add the change in the registry that allows you to set the keyboard back to the country specific codes prnted on the keyboard. For instance my O2 mini S was bought in germany with a (QWERTZ) keyboard and all the WWE roms flash a QWERTY keyboard.

The setting for the QWERTZ to be setup is:

\HKCU\ControlPanel\Keybd\Locale = "0407"

The WWE setup which is QWERTY is

\HKCU\ControlPanel\Keybd\Locale = "0809"

I found this tip on this forum: http://xdaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=38539

I was thinking other people might be able to add on the keyboard settings that have been shipped in their different countries so that you could make a drop down menu to allow people to set it up quickly.

I was thinking you could also add the null_keyboard hack to this one as well, I know it would require another file to be installed, but if that one and the External ROM unlocker that would be all the software I load when I renew the ROM. Just trying to throw some more ideas out there.

I just want to add, as so many others have, how much I appreciatte someone who takes the time to use their hobby time to help others.

Would there be any chance I could get a copy of the source code to take a look at as well?

I am interested in how you are all modifying the registry.
    Changing Contact format

Hi all,
    iam new here can any one laet me how to change contacts format i.e. fist name/last name instead of last/first name .

Thanx in advance

keep the gud work
    Can some one tell me what the tweak "Enable Bluetooth Recieve" does? I am looking for something to allow the use of a Bluetooth Headset with Voice Command.
    endquote said:
    Installed and running "i" on T-Mobile MDA. Settings seem to be applying correctly, but now I have no clock in the upper-right, and only half the phone icon (the one to the right of GPRS) displays. Odd, because I didn't touch the tweak regarding what to display in the clock area.
    I am having a similar experience on my T-Mobile MDA. This happens on all versions of the Registry Wizard from F through I on mine, and this happens on a clean install with nothing else installed.

Interestingly, one of the resets I did, I interrupted the installation of the built-in T-Mobile applications, and installed the G variant. That time, I did not get the truncated signal strength icon and the missing clock.

Unfortuantely, I'm not going to be able to use this tool because I absolutely positively have got to have a clock in the upper right all the times. This is the only electronic device I carry, to the exclusion of a watch, so I need to be able to see that. It would also irritate me not to see signal strength visually.

endquote said:
    Also, after running the program again, some tweaks that were previously available no longer are. No scrollbars are appearing.
    I did not notice whether this was the case. I've been installing a version, trying it out, see if the clock is there, then doing a hard reset, trying the previous version, etc...

Ah well. I do appreciate your effort in developing this tool. I wish I could use it.