[GAME][2.2+] Frenzy Fugu Fish free action/casual game

Search This thread

FrenzyFugu

Mar 1, 2012
Hi,

I am independent Android game designer and developer and few weeks ago I released my first game project Frenzy Fugu Fish after 6 months of fulltime effort. Game was already reviewed on few sites and got 4.5/5, 10/10 and similar ratings (so I am pretty proud). I would be happy to get feedback on this forum from gameplay and also from designer/developer point of view.

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.frenzyfugu.frenzyfugu

Screenshots are below.

Frenzy Fugu is casual fish game with 45 levels in 3 sets, each set with unique graphics design of the environment and introducing new game elements. Game will receive new set of 15 levels each month.

By tilting the phone you control Fugu, the Puffer Fish and have to collect all pearls in the level within a given time limit. If you finish the level below the time limit, you get one star for each 20 seconds (up to 3 stars). Just finishing the level is not complicated, challenge is to finish it and get 3 stars.

Over the time you will meet various enemies and obstacles. There are various fish, stone fish, jellyfish, anemones, starfish, bubbles etc. Some are just obstacles some will try to eat you. In some levels you can collect pufferpoison powerup to inflate as all puffer fish do and are invincible for short period of time and even can eat smaller fish. First few levels are very easy ones to get used to control the fish and principles of the game.

frenzyfugu-SC20120205-193252.jpg
frenzyfugu-SC20120205-193433.jpg

frenzyfugu-SC20120205-193537.jpg
frenzyfugu-SC20120205-193730.jpg

frenzyfugu-SC20120205-193956.jpg

The game is free with placed ads. The ads are not shown during the gameplay.

Game was developed using great free framework Andengine, I recommend it to everyone. Currently Zynga is using it for new projects.

Cheers

Milan

FrenzyFugu

Mar 1, 2012
Great, I hope you downloaded version 1.0.3 I released this evening. There are small "clocks" on pearls to make the gameplay more tactical :)

Reactions: Paschalis

taikogamer

Mar 3, 2012
Nice work

Wow the graphics looks incredible! I managed to get to level 10 in first levels and level 5 in next set :))) Is there any way how to publish my score to net, like Openfeint or similar?

I would also suggest to improve help a bit, for example slowly introduce info on new game elements like Angry Birds did with introducing their birds.

Apart from that, perfect game, congratz.

T.

FrenzyFugu

Mar 1, 2012
Thanks, nothing is good for my ego than liking my game :))))

Yes, I am planning to add there OpenFeint or ScoreLop or other service, makes sense, but I was focusing now on finishing last updates to gameplay based on user feedback.

Hmm, HELP. Yes, maybe you are right, there is only one helpscreen that shows up before playing first level and then only after you click the icon Help. Need to think about it, as you can choose to play different sets of levels since beginning. I got feedback that most of the users just skip the initial help screen and go directly for game. Need to think about it, but thanks for feedback!

Any other end user advice? :) As the game is only getting the mommentum there are possible changes to gameplay :)

Reactions: Paschalis

FrenzyFugu

Mar 1, 2012
@fredrikk: level set 4 in progress, part of current update available on market, use standard unlock :) Official release in 2 weeks. Version for reviews with unlocked levels available too, use standard link, 01_004_unlocked.

m

taikogamer

Mar 3, 2012
Here is one bug :(

When I switched off sound and vibration almost at the same time the sound did not stop and it was not possible to switch it off even after I ended the app. It happened to me only once and when I did tapped sound and vibration immediately one after another.

This happened to me with few more games like Where is my water and one other (do not remember which one).

So not a big problem, but you should know about it.

T.

FrenzyFugu

Mar 1, 2012
Yeah, thanks. I am aware of that bug but I am not able to resolve it. It happens occassionaly, the game is not able to switch off sound. Really rare, still I hope to find a solution. Happens to me with more games too. Thanks again for report.

taikogamer

Mar 3, 2012
What framework was used for development? Graphics is really cool I like the waterworld. I working on small game too, decided to go with Andengine.

FrenzyFugu

Mar 1, 2012
Yup, AndEngine. Pretty cool framework, without that one, it would far harder to make a game. It is pretty stable too. I used older version, from march/april 2011, now there is out GLES2, need to play with that one a bit to get familiar with. Probably new game will be done with GLES2.

FrenzyFugu

Mar 1, 2012
Oh my :)))

Imagine now, that the afternoon before first release I finished all 45 levels twice for 3 stars all of them, just to proper test the game :) But of course, after the 6 months of development I had the perfect experience in controlling the fish ;)

But with the small clock on pearls in latest release I think it should be far easier.

10/10? Rating?

taikogamer

Mar 3, 2012
Finished all levels. But by far not for 3 stars, som levels are damn haaaaaaard! Addictive, but maybe I am too old for that, my daughter beats me in most levels :-D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I am independent Android game designer and developer and few weeks ago I released my first game project Frenzy Fugu Fish after 6 months of fulltime effort. Game was already reviewed on few sites and got 4.5/5, 10/10 and similar ratings (so I am pretty proud). I would be happy to get feedback on this forum from gameplay and also from designer/developer point of view.

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.frenzyfugu.frenzyfugu

Screenshots are below.

Frenzy Fugu is casual fish game with 45 levels in 3 sets, each set with unique graphics design of the environment and introducing new game elements. Game will receive new set of 15 levels each month.

By tilting the phone you control Fugu, the Puffer Fish and have to collect all pearls in the level within a given time limit. If you finish the level below the time limit, you get one star for each 20 seconds (up to 3 stars). Just finishing the level is not complicated, challenge is to finish it and get 3 stars.

Over the time you will meet various enemies and obstacles. There are various fish, stone fish, jellyfish, anemones, starfish, bubbles etc. Some are just obstacles some will try to eat you. In some levels you can collect pufferpoison powerup to inflate as all puffer fish do and are invincible for short period of time and even can eat smaller fish. First few levels are very easy ones to get used to control the fish and principles of the game.

frenzyfugu-SC20120205-193252.jpg
    frenzyfugu-SC20120205-193433.jpg

frenzyfugu-SC20120205-193537.jpg
    frenzyfugu-SC20120205-193730.jpg

frenzyfugu-SC20120205-193956.jpg

The game is free with placed ads. The ads are not shown during the gameplay.

Game was developed using great free framework Andengine, I recommend it to everyone. Currently Zynga is using it for new projects.

Cheers

Milan
    Great, I hope you downloaded version 1.0.3 I released this evening. There are small "clocks" on pearls to make the gameplay more tactical :)
    Here is short gameplay video created by reviewer. I need to create my own next week, as camera cannot be used for this because of tilting the phone, I have to use video cable to HW recorder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sX7YAmylMY
    Thanks, nothing is good for my ego than liking my game :))))

Yes, I am planning to add there OpenFeint or ScoreLop or other service, makes sense, but I was focusing now on finishing last updates to gameplay based on user feedback.

Hmm, HELP. Yes, maybe you are right, there is only one helpscreen that shows up before playing first level and then only after you click the icon Help. Need to think about it, as you can choose to play different sets of levels since beginning. I got feedback that most of the users just skip the initial help screen and go directly for game. Need to think about it, but thanks for feedback!

Any other end user advice? :) As the game is only getting the mommentum there are possible changes to gameplay :)