Android 4.1.2 is here!

Search This thread

skibadee

Apr 12, 2011
Bristol
If I'm using deodexed stock (using tablet ui) am I right in thinking I won't get the OTA?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
So far Flipboard loaded updates in like 10 seconds and I flipped through one section really fast, no lag, no stuttering. Of course I just booted the system, but in the past, Flipboard would lag terribly and take 30-45s to load updates.

Crossing fingers this fixed the IO lag problems..

SquireSCA

Nov 30, 2011
Atlanta, GA
For those who lost root just flash a custom recovery with fastboot, copy these two files to your sd, and flash 'em. I think it should work to at least reinstall su and busybox into your /bin.

Credits go to Wugfresh

What about the all in 1 toolkit that a lot of us used to root and get recovery in 4.1.1?

In it, you can restore the tablet to stock using the latest release from Google. Could we not use that to restore it, take the OTA and then use it again to re-root it and all that?

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
Anybody have a link to stock kernel and modules for JR003D?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

NeoMagus

Mar 3, 2010
East Coast
Just use rootkeeper before updating if you are worried about root, worked fine here

and yes changing of the build.prop (changing dpi, etc) will cause the update to fail

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
I got the same thing here man, I restored all disabled apps, never removed any stock apps, no other modifications except renaming the stock recovery awhile ago from .p to .bak. Dunno if that's why or not

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Getting same thing but I'm running custom kernel so I think that's what it is

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

PTzero

Jul 2, 2007
Is there any way I can flash this without anything custom? Is there a recovery mode already on the Nexus 7 I can get into somehow to flash the OTA ZIP?

If you're completely stock you can use this procedure to update:
  1. Download the update file from Google: http://android.clients.google.com/p...signed-nakasi-JZO54K-from-JRO03D.03a4eaf9.zip
  2. Download ClockworkMod recovery: http://download2.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.1.0-grouper.img
  3. Enable USB debug on your Nexus 7 and plug it in to your PC.
  4. On your PC transfer the OTA zip file to your Nexus 7 /sdcard partition with the following command: "adb push 03a4eaf95f73.signed-nakasi-JZO54K-from-JRO03D.03a4eaf9.zip /sdcard/" and wait for it to complete.
  5. On your PC, type in "adb reboot bootloader"
  6. On your PC, type in "fastboot boot recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.1.0-grouper.img". This step temporarily pushes CWM to your Nexus 7 and boots from it. This step is not permanent so you retain stock recovery.
  7. Your Nexus 7 will load up CWM recovery. Use the on screen menus to find the OTA zip file and flash it.
  8. Your Nexus 7 will prompt to reboot when completed.

Good luck!

Last edited:

jadboustany

Sep 9, 2010
Just finished updating, system is much smoother and screen sharper. I haven't lost root nor relocked bootloader. I was on Stock d ROM and with r binary drivers. Thanks a million for all the devas for the great Work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

SquireSCA

Nov 30, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Remember how you had to specify the exact build number of you Nexus 7 when you used the kit? I doubt Wugfresh would have updated it in the past hour or so. It MAY work though but no guarantees. Flashing manually is safer as you can see what happens and catch any errors.

I didn't use that toolkit, I used another one and I just used it to restore to stock, am now awaiting the OTA and then I will try to re-root it and report back.

dragpyre

Oct 5, 2012
--Installing: /sdcard/package.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
Removing unneeded files...
Patching system files...
Patching boot image...
Unpacking new files...
Unpacking new recovery...
Symlinks and permissions...
Writing bootloader...
Patching remaining system files...

Install from sdcard complete.

JRO03D successfully updated using CWM 6.0.1.0 :)

Last edited:

cvcduty

Feb 24, 2011
Holly
So, I failed to flash the first time via CWM 6.0.1.0.

Read the threads and found out that the modded build_prop can cause the failure.
I removed the build_prop and restored to stock build_prop (simply renamed the build_prop.bak to build_prop after deleting the modded build_prop).

It seems to be updating successfully now.

Booting now and it seems bootloader is still unlocked (open lock icon).

Updaing the apps now. Will see if it retained the root...

Thanks

edit. looks like I have lost root...

Last edited:

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
I'm just going to sit on rooted stock for a week until developers get up to speed with merging things.. Stock is nice anyway.. JB rules!

thejbomb87

Jun 4, 2012
I'm on cm10 ROM with 161 trinity kernel... is there a point I'm attempting to update or will they just be merged..?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts