[UPG] Automatically merge a Theme into a Rom before flashing

Search This thread

dumfuq

Retired Recognized Developer
May 23, 2009
I wrote this batch file to merge a theme and a rom into a signed update.zip in order to not have to flash twice or mix them by hand every time I update my phone.

Main assumptions in batch file:
1)Autosigning apk/zip files has already been set up on your computer ('java testsign something.zip' works in command console).
2)7-zip is installed on your computer and is also in your %PATH% ('7z.exe' works in command console).

How to do:
1)Rename mymerge.txt to mymerge.bat and place on Desktop.
2)Select the two zipfiles you want to merge and drag and drop onto mymerge.bat.
3)When asked which file is the primary zip, choose the main update ROM.
4)Choose whether to copy framework or framework and apps.
5)A signed file named “update.zip” will be created on your desktop

Warning:
This is a simple script. There is absolutely no error correction in this batch file. Use at your own risk.

Attachments

• mymerge.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 45

daveid

Jan 5, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Only problem with this is.... what if some applications were updated in the new rom? Like when Maps, Camera, Launcher, etc. get an update? You are basically just throwing them out by flashing the older "themed" versions. Not saying this happens a lot, but when it does... you get people complaining XXX app is not the right one, and why do I have two gallery apps, and things of that nature.

dumfuq

Retired Recognized Developer
May 23, 2009
Only problem with this is.... what if some applications were updated in the new rom? Like when Maps, Camera, Launcher, etc. get an update? You are basically just throwing them out by flashing the older "themed" versions. Not saying this happens a lot, but when it does... you get people complaining XXX app is not the right one, and why do I have two gallery apps, and things of that nature.

Yep. agreed. That is why i made an option to only copy the framework. I put the option for apps because i use a few pulled from different themes. That way I don't have to push them back on after flashing. My personal script puts the man pages in the rom as well.