best antivirus app

Search This thread

aliishere

Mar 27, 2010
C:\universe\...\islamabad
try 360 .it more than an antivirus...u will love it..its in Chinese but its the best....

click thanks if this is helpful

picture.php

suku_patel_22

Jun 22, 2011
Mumbai
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 4a
You guys really use anti-virus? Is it really necessary and more importantly, has it caught anything yet on android. I just wanted to know because I'm still debating getting one for myself.

What do you say?

In the last one year, kaspersky alerted me only once and blocked the app

Sent from a Desire S waiting for Kernel 3. WAKE UP HTC!!!!

Reactions: aliishere

GideonB234

May 26, 2011
Abbots Langley
I use Lookout however now Eset have released something chances are I will jump over to them. I use Nod32 on all PCs I own and it is a brilliant Anti-Virus, so I'm hoping it has put the same amount of effort into its Android app as it does with its Desktop programs

dr.higgins

Jun 11, 2011
I had "Antivirus Free" (creative Apps) installed for like a year.
It did what it was supposed to do, checking every download/installation etc.
But not once It warned me about anything, so in the end I just removed it. :rolleyes:

I trust myself to have at least one or two virus free nandroids at all times.
With that in mind - what's the point having a antivirus program running 24/7? :confused:

Reactions: m0st4f4p and eyahl

zedlor

May 1, 2012
North West UK
I use Avast! Mobile Security and it's great. I keep it mainly for its anti-theft feature which I think is great but hopefully won't need to ever be used...but it scans everything that is installed on it and for a free app it's brilliant- highly recommended.

Reactions: litening

totiadrenalin

May 13, 2010
Sveti Nikole
I use Avast! Mobile Security and it's great. I keep it mainly for its anti-theft feature which I think is great but hopefully won't need to ever be used...but it scans everything that is installed on it and for a free app it's brilliant- highly recommended.
I use ESET, but not for the antivirus future, but for the anti Theft future. It's simply the best, and worth any penny for it. Actually it is caching bunch of apps containing AIR PUSH. The best thing about ESET is that it never slow down my phone.

Nplus1

Mar 2, 2009
Paris
I've tried Avast myself and generally liked the clean interface. The reason I uninstalled it is that I haven't found a way to close it when I didn't want to use it. I really don't need an antivirus that is ALWAYS running in the background.

Do you guys know of a good free antivirus that might have an "exit" button so you can run it only when you want to scan for something?

zedlor

May 1, 2012
North West UK
I've tried Avast myself and generally liked the clean interface. The reason I uninstalled it is that I haven't found a way to close it when I didn't want to use it. I really don't need an antivirus that is ALWAYS running in the background.

Do you guys know of a good free antivirus that might have an "exit" button so you can run it only when you want to scan for something?
Well that's generally not the point of an anti-virus software tbh :p

You can force close them I believe if you go to the running processes and close them from there and end the service, but I haven't tried it myself (mainly because I have my Avast on a rooted installation).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had "Antivirus Free" (creative Apps) installed for like a year.
    It did what it was supposed to do, checking every download/installation etc.
    But not once It warned me about anything, so in the end I just removed it. :rolleyes:

I trust myself to have at least one or two virus free nandroids at all times.
    With that in mind - what's the point having a antivirus program running 24/7? :confused:
    You guys really use anti-virus? Is it really necessary and more importantly, has it caught anything yet on android. I just wanted to know because I'm still debating getting one for myself.

What do you say?

In the last one year, kaspersky alerted me only once and blocked the app

Sent from a Desire S waiting for Kernel 3. WAKE UP HTC!!!!
    avast

Sent from my Desire S using XDA
    i use zoner,what is yours?

sent from my HTC [)eSiRe S using XDA app

I'm not using any antivirus programs. :) It's more like a memory hog to me. :)