Flashable 4.4.2 ota zip

Search This thread

Tx Redneck

Dec 24, 2010
Any chance there'll be one done sans the bootloader? Btw, I'm referring to the DE model.

Tia,
Tx

Tx Redneck

Dec 24, 2010
First off, Koff sumbish V.

Note that that's outta the way, *If the flashable zip(in twrp/cwm) will never happen, can one flash the stock recovery w/Flashify, accept the ota, then reflash twrp/cwm in Flashify?

Reactions: mrvirginia

kbluhm

Dec 9, 2010
Yes, I doubt someone will go to the trouble of modding the OTA for a custom recovery when it would only be saving you a few minutes of flashing stock recovery, stock system, OTA, custom recovery, root. It is after all developer friendly.

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Yes, I doubt someone will go to the trouble of modding the OTA for a custom recovery when it would only be saving you a few minutes of flashing stock recovery, stock system, OTA, custom recovery, root. It is after all developer friendly.

but it just makes common sense to do this since i'm having to figure out how to get stock recoveries for other variants. where is the sbfs?????

Reactions: Tx Redneck

Tx Redneck

Dec 24, 2010
I, for one, would prefer to have a flashable zip to use via twrp. I've followed the instructions for restoring stock recovery, uninstalling xposed... But the ota still fails.

It shouldn't have to be this hard on a DEVELOPER device.

kbluhm

Dec 9, 2010
I, for one, would prefer to have a flashable zip to use via twrp. I've followed the instructions for restoring stock recovery, uninstalling xposed... But the ota still fails.

It shouldn't have to be this hard on a DEVELOPER device.

Try flashing the stock system partition... might be something else on system that you missed.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Tx Redneck

Dec 24, 2010
Man, I'm hitting a wall at every turn. I don't know why this is overly complicated on a "Dev" device.

D

Darth

Its not complicated. You need to be fully stock...no modifications for an ota. Or...wait for flashable files. (My choice usually)

If you want the ota and can't wait. The easiest thing to do...in my opinion ...is rsdlite to stock rom. Take ota. Reroot after. Simple. You will get your phone completely wiped tho.

Having a dev edition has no benefit for any of this. The ota is meant for stock...unrooted..."regular " customers.

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

SymbioticGenius

Aug 24, 2012
As someone who has a Dev edition I think it's never been easier. I have been on a 4.4.2 build for weeks now. Just fastboot flash and go. I didn't have to wait for flashable zips, with minor research I was able to easily do the work myself. That is the point if the Dev edition isn't it?

MotoX GSM Developer Edition, Bootloader Unlocked, Rooted, Stock 4.4.2 Great Britain on T-Mobile !

unsivil_audio

May 4, 2011
Sheridan
Something that isn't entirely clear to me, can you fxz to the 4.4 image AFTER you've taken the 4.4.2 OTA? (GSM DE) I'm curious because I when I go to sell the phone soon I want to return it to stock (sans locked BL).

juankk1981

Feb 15, 2014
AGAIN, missing the point, i have the same doubt, i have the ota update of 4.4.2 claro chile, and i have the fastboot version post camera, there is no flashable firmware for that, only for 4.2.2 pre camera, so i want to manually do the flash of the ota....can this be done?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any chance there'll be one done sans the bootloader? Btw, I'm referring to the DE model.

Tia,
    Tx

can do it, just not with custom recovery brother
    First off, Koff sumbish V.

Note that that's outta the way, *If the flashable zip(in twrp/cwm) will never happen, can one flash the stock recovery w/Flashify, accept the ota, then reflash twrp/cwm in Flashify?

but it just makes common sense to do this since i'm having to figure out how to get stock recoveries for other variants. where is the sbfs?????
    Something that isn't entirely clear to me, can you fxz to the 4.4 image AFTER you've taken the 4.4.2 OTA? (GSM DE) I'm curious because I when I go to sell the phone soon I want to return it to stock (sans locked BL).

No, its a one way upgrade

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X