[GUIDE] How to extract system files from FTF (Noob Friendly)

Is this guide useful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

faizur1999

Nov 26, 2013
kota kinabalu
Hello everyone...I want to share a guide on how to extract system files from FTF!...You may find many guide out there on how to extract system files but it is not updated...I will use a latest version of flashtool to extract the system files so the method is different and you can't extract xperia l system.sin if you use the old flashtool (v0.9.10.1 or lower)

Requirements:

1.A brain [IMPORTANT]
2.Latest version of Flashtool Here
3.Android EXT4 unpacker Here
4.7zip Here

First,extract system.sin from FTF using 7zip.
image.png

second,open flashtool,goto tools>sin editor then select the system.sin that you have extracted from FTF and click extract data.
image.png

third,you will have system.ext4 after extracted the system.sin.Open Android EXT4 Unpacker and select system.ext4.
image.png

finally,click extract on any files that you want to extract and choose the directory where you want to save the extracted files.
image.png

You can find the extracted files in the directory that you choose.
image.png

That's it! Now you can extract/view all the system files that you want! :D

Last edited:

abexamir

Nov 7, 2013
Aligudarz
Excellent guide bro!

Now we simply can port system apps from higher models of Sony!
tnkU very much.

Last edited:

R4Z0RZ

Aug 1, 2013
i think if we want repack them we need make extracted files as flashable zip
nice guide bro, rep added :D

mantap banget gan :p

1 6 D

Jun 30, 2014
Szczecin
I want extract latest firmware D5803_23.4.A.1.264_1289-4696_R8C.ftf

I stuck on opening system.ext4. I get error: "Unknown file format" in EXT4 unpacker.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone...I want to share a guide on how to extract system files from FTF!...You may find many guide out there on how to extract system files but it is not updated...I will use a latest version of flashtool to extract the system files so the method is different and you can't extract xperia l system.sin if you use the old flashtool (v0.9.10.1 or lower)

Requirements:

1.A brain [IMPORTANT]
    2.Latest version of Flashtool Here
    3.Android EXT4 unpacker Here
    4.7zip Here

First,extract system.sin from FTF using 7zip.
    image.png

second,open flashtool,goto tools>sin editor then select the system.sin that you have extracted from FTF and click extract data.
    image.png

third,you will have system.ext4 after extracted the system.sin.Open Android EXT4 Unpacker and select system.ext4.
    image.png

finally,click extract on any files that you want to extract and choose the directory where you want to save the extracted files.
    image.png

You can find the extracted files in the directory that you choose.
    image.png

That's it! Now you can extract/view all the system files that you want! :D