HELP - My new phone stop reading the SimCard

Search This thread

xperia_88

Nov 6, 2012
My new phone stop reading the SimCard after 2 using days ("no simcard" reporting). I am sure It is not a software problem but on the other hand the SimCard socket hardware look like new. Unfortunately I don't have warranty... Any idea how to fix it? :crying:

rdh28

Sep 7, 2013
Have you tried factory reset? We need more information about your phone too....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xperia_88

Nov 6, 2012
Have you tried factory reset? We need more information about your phone too....

It worked perfect 2 days and suddenly no calling in/out no SimCard...I tried all, cleaning the socket by electric spry etc. I root it and wipe all including factory reset. No SimCard... (the sim itself is ok on other phone). This phone is new and all its hardware just new. I loss $350 since I bought it with no warranty .:crying:

rdh28

Sep 7, 2013
It worked perfect 2 days and suddenly no calling in/out no SimCard...I tried all, cleaning the socket by electric spry etc. I root it and wipe all including factory reset. No SimCard... (the sim itself is ok on other phone). This phone is new and all its hardware just new. I loss $350 since I bought it with no warranty .:crying:

Only other option I can think of is flashing the 4.3 ML2 release via Odin, see if that kicks it into gear....

Prompter

Sep 1, 2008
El Salvador
Xiaomi Mi 9
In the worst case scenario the spare part is not expensive and replace procedure is not that hard.

Just replaced USB charging port on mine and cost around $10 on eBay.

endl3ssx

Jan 27, 2012
Oradea
First off you should flash another version of the firmware on your phone just to double-check.

Try 4.2.2 and other versions of 4.4.2. If it doesn't work then try some of the custom firmwares like CarbonROM and others.

If it still doesn't work then your sim card reader is defective and needs to be replaced.

You can buy it from eBay (search for "S4 active sim tray") and order ascending by price. It costs about $6.2 without shipping.

It is fairly easy to replace, just pop a few screws out the back and it is the first little board that you see, disconnect the flex cable, take it out and put in the new board.

Alternatively if you cannot buy from ebay from various reasons, go to your local GSM repair shop and ask them to replace just the tray, it is compatible with multiple phones and it is replaceable by Hot Air rework.

Good day!