[TUTORIAL] Root your Galaxy Tab 7 Plus P6200/P6210/SGH-T869 & Galaxy Tab 7.7 P800

Search This thread

hardeep

Oct 2, 2007
Kajang
www.MemorableStudios.com
CONFIRMED WORKING. TITANIUM BACKUP & OTHERS ALL RUNNING FINE...

Original thread.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1287205

Please find bellow an easy way to root the new Galaxy Tab 7 Plus P6200/P6210/SGH-T869 & Galaxy Tab 7.7 P800.

1. Download and install LATEST SAMSUNG KIES
2. Transfer the attached file root.zip to the EXTERNAL CARD on Galaxy Tab Plus
3. Turn off the Galaxy Tab Plus
4. Enter Recovery
- Hold Volume UP button + Power Button
- When TAB turns ON, RELEASE POWER BUTTON (Keep Holding Volume UP Button)
- Will Enter Recovery
5. Select install update from EXTERNAL Storage
6. Look for the file root.zip and select it with power button
7. When Finish, REBOOT

Additional
Go to MARKET and INSTALL SUPERUSER... Run this app and Update SU Binary
Go to MARKET and INSTALL BUSYBOX... Run this app and Install your chosen BusyBox version

Thank me and the original post if this works for you...

Attachments

• root.zip
    154.4 KB · Views: 155,721
Last edited:

perlmeister11

Jan 30, 2011
Don't know, but see no reason why not. Same hardware except for the cell radio. I think when I installed ROM Manager, I selected the Samsung GalaxyS2 as the "phone" manager for CWM recovery (4.0.1.5). I've had no problems with it yet.

Oh okay, thanks! Will try it out and report back...

perlmeister11

Jan 30, 2011
Root has been achieved but clockwork not recovering....shows unable to open cache and tab reboots....

Regular busy box would fc, so I had to use busy box installer....if that matters....

Last edited:

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
Can any one please provide me *.ops file for P6200? I need it to flash new firmware trough odin.

cheers

kzoodroid

Jun 27, 2010
Kalamazoo
This isn't working for me. When I press power and volume down buttons I get a screen that says:

Warning!! A custom OS can cause critical problems in tablet and installed applications. If you want to download a custon OS, press the volume up key. Otherwise, press the volume down key to cancel

If I continue to hold down the volume down key as the instructions to root says to do then nothing happens, the tablet does not go into recovery. If I let go of the button then re-press it the tablet just restarts.

My model number ias P6210 by the way if that matters.

Edit:

The way to get into recovery is to hold down the power and volume up buttons (not the volume down button as in the OP's instructions). I was able to get into recovery and install the root.zip file from the sdcard and then installed superuser and busybox from the market and I'm rooted. Confirmed using root explorer.

Last edited:
Reactions: joshphilips

chamorudude

Mar 29, 2011
does this method work on the t-mobile SGH-T869 model? I cant get into recovery mode when pressing volume down+power button.

hardeep

Oct 2, 2007
Kajang
www.MemorableStudios.com
This isn't working for me. When I press power and volume down buttons I get a screen that says:

Warning!! A custom OS can cause critical problems in tablet and installed applications. If you want to download a custon OS, press the volume up key. Otherwise, press the volume down key to cancel

If I continue to hold down the volume down key as the instructions to root says to do then nothing happens, the tablet does not go into recovery. If I let go of the button then re-press it the tablet just restarts.

My model number ias P6210 by the way if that matters.

Edit:

The way to get into recovery is to hold down the power and volume up buttons (not the volume down button as in the OP's instructions). I was able to get into recovery and install the root.zip file from the sdcard and then installed superuser and busybox from the market and I'm rooted. Confirmed using root explorer.

Sorry. My bad. Its volume UP

Sent from my GT-P6200 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CONFIRMED WORKING. TITANIUM BACKUP & OTHERS ALL RUNNING FINE...

Original thread.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1287205

Please find bellow an easy way to root the new Galaxy Tab 7 Plus P6200/P6210/SGH-T869 & Galaxy Tab 7.7 P800.

1. Download and install LATEST SAMSUNG KIES
    2. Transfer the attached file root.zip to the EXTERNAL CARD on Galaxy Tab Plus
    3. Turn off the Galaxy Tab Plus
    4. Enter Recovery
    - Hold Volume UP button + Power Button
    - When TAB turns ON, RELEASE POWER BUTTON (Keep Holding Volume UP Button)
    - Will Enter Recovery
    5. Select install update from EXTERNAL Storage
    6. Look for the file root.zip and select it with power button
    7. When Finish, REBOOT

Additional
    Go to MARKET and INSTALL SUPERUSER... Run this app and Update SU Binary
    Go to MARKET and INSTALL BUSYBOX... Run this app and Install your chosen BusyBox version

Thank me and the original post if this works for you...
    For those with a P6210, JB, looking for root!

Got a P6210 with JB, and want root? Here's how I got it done after several hours of searching and mixing and matching. Method uses PC Odin, a Windows PC and some other stuff you have to download.

To install CWM Recovery
    1. Go to this thread and download the p6210-clockworkmod-6.0.2.7.zip.
    2. Unzip the file and put the recovery.tar.md5 you're left with somewhere easily accessible on your computer (e.g. your desktop).
    3. Put your tab into download mode (hold volume down + power)
    4. Hook your tab up to your PC (make sure you have the right drivers installed, obviously).
    5. Make sure you have KIES turned off in your process manager, if you still have KIES on your PC.
    6. Launch Odin3 Version 1.85 (download link in the thread I linked to above)
    7. Make sure Odin recognizes your tab (look for the yellow box on the left that says something like 0:[COM5].
    8. Click the PDA button in Odin and open the recovery.tar.md5 file
    9. Click Start.

To root with SuperSU
    I prefer SuperSU over everything else. If you want another way to root, you're on your own.

1. Go to Chainfire's site and download CWM-SuperSU-0.94.zip.
    2. Buy the guy a beer.
    3. Put the .zip on your external SD card.
    4. Put your tablet in Recovery (Volume up + Power)
    5. You will now get CWM recovery.
    6. Flash the .zip by selecting "Flash .zip from internal SD-card" and selecting the CWM-SuperSU file you just placed on your SD card. Yes, this is a TYPO IN CWM. It says Internal, but it means External.
    7. Reboot your tab and ...
    8. Done-zo! Root acces, and CWM recovery, without breaking a sweat.

Good luck!
    Flash these files attached (not my files, but I can't find the original post easily...).
    Put the files on SD-card, flash CWM, and in CWM recovery use touch screen to navigate and flash the root zip.

Of course you can use permanent CWM too but I find this method easiest...

UPDATE FROM MY POST

I found exact way how to with the files miksu supplied in 2 links and now both my 6210's are rooted with ics official samsung.
    Took 1 minute to do and here is exact how to for all other member's

Download these 2 files ( CWM.zip and root.zip ) and put them in your external SDCARD:

- Reboot to recovery by holding Volume Up then hold power till it reboots to recovery
    - Choose apply update from external storage, using volume buttons to navigate.
    - Choose CWM.zip and wait until CWM recovery appear.

The volume buttons don’t work for navigation at this moment so now use your fingers to scroll up and down and tap to execute.

- Choose install zip from sdcard.
    - Choose zip from sdcard.
    - Choose root.zip and scroll to Yes – Install root.zip.
    - Once done, choose reboot system now.

Now it is rooted ans you will have Superuser on your tablet.
    Can mods possibly put this as a separate how too to save others searching through many threads and enable them to doing this in less than 2 minutes as life is hard enough lol.
    Best wishes
    New root.zip with current su binary

I just bought a Tab P6200 and had some problems with the outdated su binary in the zip in the first post, so here's a new root.zip with the latest su binary (3.0.3.2-efghi).

I only replaced the su binary with a current one from the semi-official Superuser mirror. Other than the updated su binary, the zip is exactly the same as the one in the original post.
    Thanks! Any devs out there wanna help us out? ;-)

I have CWM 4.0.1.5 installed and working on my GT-P6210. I've booted into recovery and made backups with no problem.