[Q] ATT Note3 stays awake while on 4g only

Search This thread

frank72785

Apr 9, 2014
Basically as the title says, my note3 is constantly waking up while on 4g. it doesnt stay in a deep sleep. over the last few days i have done some experimenting erasing apps and turning them off and force stopping. i am pretty sure it is the android system itself not a app i have. i barely have any apps installed. i use maildroid, its setup to push and checks only every 6 hours. i use fleksy for a keyboard. and hoverchat for texting. using nova for a launcher, swipe up for swiping up. pretty simple and clean i keep all of the eye tracking nfc stuff like that off just using it as a simple powerful phone to browse the internet and text.

background. i had the kitkat leak that was posted here in jan i loved it becides everything would stop responding constantly. but the battery life was amazing. so i backtracked went to the 4.3 release then did the official update with the instructions on these boards. immediatly i noticed the battery life was less and the phone wasnt staying alseep so i started the troubleshooting. it has been over a week since the update too i know sometimes new roms take a few days to stablize. but it hasnt.

so what would cause a phone to be constantly being woken up while on 4g only? the pics i included show it. the first about half of the 4 hr 38 minute one part of data i am on 4g only. the long bar of being awake at the start and end of the 4g time is me playing music. the only screenshot the first 1/3 is on 4g only. no music only texting and internet didnt use it much today.

thanks for reading

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-16-17-41-23.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-16-17-41-23.png
    126.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_2014-04-15-11-03-22.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-15-11-03-22.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 38

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Grab wakelock detector or Better Battery Stats and let it run for a few hours, then post the log if using BBS - and check the wakelocks, it's possible your signal is fluctuating too much and causing the device to constantly seek. But a wake lock monitor will pretty much tell you exactly what it is.

frank72785

Apr 9, 2014
Grab wakelock detector or Better Battery Stats and let it run for a few hours, then post the log if using BBS - and check the wakelocks, it's possible your signal is fluctuating too much and causing the device to constantly seek. But a wake lock monitor will pretty much tell you exactly what it is.

I was under the impression that wakening detection doesn't work with kit kat unless rooted? I use gsam battery app sometimes and it is basically the kernal it seems.

for most of my time with the phone I am in downtown of a major city with amazing 4g when it is doing it

frank72785

Apr 9, 2014
Update
Tried a wipe reset and it worked great tested off and on WiFi. No drain at all when screen was off. Installed apps slowly and tested and all was good. Then I left the phone on the charger overnight woke up and it was back to the being awake often when on 4g only. I am stumped any new idea's?

xdm9mm

Dec 11, 2013
hmmm... reminds of of fast dormancy during the S3 days... I wonder if it applies to Note 3

frank72785

Apr 9, 2014
lemmuls which

What's that?? And I actually think it's the lte now not so much 4g since I am always on the 4g network and only on lte when off of wifi

Read up and figured out that its the customer. Xml file It is turned to on I tried editing it but cannot save it because it is protected file I guess. Any other way to save it?

frank72785

Apr 9, 2014
Seems to be the bam_dmux_wakelock I googled it seems to be only when not on WiFi which is my issue. Just gotta figure out the rest

frank72785

Apr 9, 2014
Anyone know how to edit that customer. Xml file? Fast dormacy and the bam_dmux_wakelock seem to go hand in hand. Phone was all over the place today I have 47 minutes of that wakelock with about 6 hours of off WiFi time so it's a decent drain