S3 Auto Boots and will NOT stay ON!! (Fixed)

Search This thread

Just_K

Sep 9, 2010
So, I dropped my s3. The screen is still perfect and the back case didn't even come off. So it wasn't a big fall, about 3 feet.

But my phone doesn't turn on anymore.

I took out the battery and plugged it back in.. the phone auto boots for 3 secs then turn back off..no response after that, until I repeat the process. .

Any idea of what's wrong with my phone ??

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
First look very closely over the screen. Its possible for the digitizer to have cracked but not the glass I assume. But even the tiniest nick on the edge will stop the display from working. Also id open it up and make sure all the ribbon cables are still seated. Maybe one popped loose.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Just_K

Just_K

Sep 9, 2010
thanks doc. .. you helped me before and your advice worked in the past .. time to take it apart and see if anything got unplugged.

So,
The battery is unplugged. I hold down the home and volume down, and plug in the battery, the phone boots into Download mode for 2 seconds then shuts off. For that analysis my screen is plugged in. Correct?

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Sounds like the screen is good then. It may be the power switch. Does it ever seem to try to turn itself on an off over and over?

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Im really not sure tbh. It could very well be the impact broke something loose, or just plain damaged one of the internal components.
If I think of anything else to look at ill definitely post it here, but right now cant think of anything else to tell you to try.
Maybe someone else will chime in with another idea...

Btw, I did get your pm, for something like this I just prefer to post in the forums. In the future someone may have something similar happen and you never know when the information might help.

Just_K

Sep 9, 2010
Im really not sure tbh. It could very well be the impact broke something loose, or just plain damaged one of the internal components.
If I think of anything else to look at ill definitely post it here, but right now cant think of anything else to tell you to try.

Btw, I did get your pm, for something like this I just prefer to post in the forums. In the future someone may have something similar happen and you never know when the information might help.

Took the phone apart.. its actually easy compared to other phones. I made sure all the ribbon cables aren't loose and they weren't.
Still experiencing the same problem.. phone boots as soon as plug in the battery, stays on for 3-5 secs then shuts off.

Also, the phone is auto booting without the the power button. I even removed the power button and the phone auto booted.

Any other ideas?

Last edited:

Just_K

Sep 9, 2010
Fixed.. replaced the mother board.via craigslist. $20.. back to normal. Time to reflash root and reflash.

Just_K

Sep 9, 2010
I agree.. Using the correct keyword on Craigslist will do wonders.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First look very closely over the screen. Its possible for the digitizer to have cracked but not the glass I assume. But even the tiniest nick on the edge will stop the display from working. Also id open it up and make sure all the ribbon cables are still seated. Maybe one popped loose.

Sounds like the screen is good then. It may be the power switch. Does it ever seem to try to turn itself on an off over and over?