[CLOSED] Vivid ICS Tweaks V2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

htcvividnoob

Nov 8, 2011
Southern California
Is enabling CRT animation included in this by any chance?

EDIT: I know it's not on the list from the 1st post, I was wondering if there might be any extra goodies or plans to include it.

Last edited:

anit77

Nov 23, 2008
Atlanta
Did you even read the 1st post?

Edit:
GSLEON has done to much to get this devise's forum back on track. Without him there is no telling where we'd be now. So I'm not going to add another post to his thread that has nothing to do with devlopement or get into anything that adds to the things that cause this to get out of control.

I've been here a few years and don't have a development bone in my body. I try to read everything I can and avoid posting in this sub forum most of the time as I'm really not qualified to do so. I'm not perfect though and have asked stupid questions here and been called out on it. I admit my error and move on.
I had a long day yesterday and had a few beers in me when I saw the post above and made my comment when I would usually have just shook my head and went on to the next thread that interested me. Granted the post was somewhat relevent to this thread, and answered in the 1st post, I should have just redirected the poster to reread. But the posts following mine added nothing to the content here.

People talk about everything that is wrong with xda and to me what's wrong is dev forums that go into post overload. There are other places to talk to our hearts content on this site. There is no denying that the massive shift to these devices is going to further the influx of people to this site. I just wish there was a better way to keep the dev forums cleaner. Like requiring users to click links in the mod stickies that show they've acknowledged reading the post before opening them up to posting here.

Regardless, GSLEON is busy trying to make is device better for all of us. Let's give him the respect of leaving his thread clean until he has more to add.

Last edited:
Reactions: RyTheShark
L

lmftmf

Did you even read the 1st post?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

Could it have been possible that he meant for future plans? Jeeze you guys are quick to jump in somebody's ****.

Last edited:

djfrost40

Apr 4, 2010
Could it have been possible that he meant for future plans? Jeeze you guys are quick to jump in somebody's ****.

You are right...but thats xda for you, a lot of the people that post on her are very nice, but there are more people that post on here who are extremly mean and disrepectful.

L

lmftmf

It seems to be people who have been here for a while to. And you would think that they would be the more polite ones but I guess not.

There was a time that XDA was a true community and this kind of behavior was not tolerated. But it was much smaller. Today almost anybody has access to a "smartphone" but they never really understood their dumbphone. Now they want to pretend to be hackers and, when they can't figure it out they start doing what's been going on here: whine.

With millions of members now it's hard to filter the anomalys in here, there are still good members of the community that go by the rules, so you just have to try and ignore the bad apples or write some script that will detect and erase useless meaningless comments from them.

Some stepped up and took a leadership role and things started to flow, so be quiet and wait when its released. If you can't do that buy a software developing company, tell your engineers to write and port what you need to your handset, and go brag to Tim, Bill and company how much better yours is... Oh wait, you can't do that because you're just barely getting by with minimum wage like must of us. Ok then, You need to shut up and wait until the stuff get's released, otherwise go buy an Icrap and see how you'll like that.

This is why we get treads with 1000 pages and only 100 of them have usefull info people don't seem to be able to wait anymore.

I apologize to the mod and developer but this is got to stop.

I thank all who contribute to the community and, all who don't,
Get out of here and stop whinning, we, the real XDA community do not need you.

Sent from my HTC Vivid.

Last edited:

cruzin_cruzing

Dec 30, 2010
Sorry, but I haven't seen anyone kanging the Tweaks app at all. Could you please provide more info on who is doing the kanging here? Just a bit more clarification on the issue, thanks.

All of this has happened before and all will happen again.

There is no respect left. People just do not care.

That is why big companys are at war right now over patents. Because of stealing each others crap and using it as their own.

Is there no honesty left in the world?

Last edited:

anit77

Nov 23, 2008
Atlanta
Sorry, but I haven't seen anyone kanging the Tweaks app at all. Could you please provide more info on who is doing the kanging here? Just a bit more clarification on the issue, thanks.

It didn't take me long to find some of what he's talking about. Below is a post I found with a quick search. I'm not going to link to the site or the "Dev"... the guy did give credit but I there is no response to this post.:rolleyes:

"pirateghost

Android Apprentice
Members
40 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:41 PM
I am curious to know how you got GSLEON to agree to let you cook his mods into the rom since his FIRST POST on the mod thread says it is NOT to be cooked into roms... "

It is a sad to see the level to which people will go to to try and make a buck. I can't say I'm that surprised but the future doesn't look to bright here. :mad::(

doktor buknasty

Feb 21, 2009
New York
It didn't take me long to find some of what he's talking about. Below is a post I found with a quick search. I'm not going to link to the site or the "Dev"... the guy did give credit but I there is no response to this post.:rolleyes:

"pirateghost

Android Apprentice
Members
40 posts

I am curious to know how you got GSLEON to agree to let you cook his mods into the rom since his FIRST POST on the mod thread says it is NOT to be cooked into roms... "

It is a sad to see the level to which people will go to to try and make a buck. I can't say I'm that surprised but the future doesn't look to bright here. :mad::(

What's even worse is the fact that all these new ics roms for our vivid/holiday/raider have at least on of the mods GSLEON. Why is it so hard to follow simple directions? This issue is going to destroy the community that we have.

contactwajeeh

Aug 29, 2008
Hyderabad
Closing the thread. Explanation in first post.

"pirateghost

Android Apprentice
Members
40 posts

Whoa.... Hey mate I did give you the credits, I respect your and any others developers work. I do know how much it takes to port a single mod. I never said that It was mine or I created it. Whether it may be XDA or Rootzwiki or whatever. I gave you credits and to others as well where it was due . Well I agree I used it even though it was clearly written that not to cook in to any rom.
Please let me know if you want me to take it down right away. I dont want that the rants and flames start once again.

Reactions: jenkem110

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
Whoa.... Hey mate I did give you the credits, I respect your and any others developers work. I do know how much it takes to port a single mod. I never said that It was mine or I created it. Whether it may be XDA or Rootzwiki or whatever. I gave you credits and to others as well where it was due . Well I agree I used it even though it was clearly written that not to cook in to any rom.
Please let me know if you want me to take it down right away. I dont want that the rants and flames start once again.

It might help to remove it now. Damage has been done though, people asked, gsleon answered, no one cared

Lol it's like my 4 year old who asks mom something, then comes to me when she doesn't like the answer, and if she still doesn't get the answer she was looking for she does it anyway.. then she's disciplined

anit77

Nov 23, 2008
Atlanta

I'm not going to get into a he said she said here or start anything that is considered flaming.

Based on what you just said you either didn't read the beginning of his 1st post, in both threads, or you didn't care. At the very least you should have made contact with him regarding the use of his work when he stated he didn't want it cooked in. The guy is/was almost single-handedly trying to make this forum a better place for the dev's and the users. All of this when he stated he didn't want to be a Mod anymore but did so to help the community. I can only assume he takes this type of stuff as a big slap in the face.

Since you didn't contact him previously you might want to take this opportunity to shoot him a pm. That way you can handle this outside of the public eye and hopefully come to some kind of understanding.

Have a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ATTN: I have decided to not post the tweak app at this time. I also haven't been updating the APM/EQS apps & will not do either for the time being. The reason I have decided not to release the app or the other mods, which have vastly improved, is because of the kang 7-zip modders that think they can just rip off anyones work & then post at Root Wiki or another site & that makes it okay. While I did not creat the original mods or tweak app, I collaborated with the original developers & actually took from my free time to learn how to make the mods & port other tweaks to the Vivid. I will probably eventually release the complete mod & tweak package, but for now I will only be developing it further for the WCX rom series since WC was the only dev that replied to my collaboration request & actually has worked on the project with me. There is a rom with all of the mods & tweaks fully functioning & that have all the connection icons fixed & other features added, but it is in final beta right now & whether it gets a thread here to be kanged without permission or credit will be the option of the cook. Again, I am not saying I won't post it, just for now I am going to focus on the WCX Vivid Tweaks Version & other mods for that rom.

Here it comes, This is the first complete release of the Tweaks app for the Vivid/Raider with Generic styling & images. This tweak app includes updated APM, EQS, MMS & Rosie Tweaks/Settings & just about all the tweaks in the Sensation forum LeeDroid Tweaks App by J4n87.

More info to follow with upload tonight or tomorrow.

Available Tweaks

Statusbar:

• hide and reorder quicksetting
    • hide specific notifications icons: alarm/gps/bluetooth/wifi/data/headset/volume
    • hide wifi config
    • center/hide clock
    • choose clock color
    • Battery Tweaks with MIUI Battery bar!
      [*] custom statusbar caption
      [*] Recent apps button with longpress action
      [*] quick quicksettings toggle: if not notification to clear, show immediatly quicksettings
      [*] Notification Pulldown Transparancy toggle
      [*] Different statusbar transparencys

Lockscreen:

• ICS AOSP Lockscreen
    • custom carrier lockscreen text
    • toggle to use menu key to unlock
    • Volume wake toggle

Rosie Launcher:

• toggle between normal/supersmooth and ultra smooth rosie
    • unlock animation toggle(annoying carousell animation, each time you unlock)
    • 5 column app drawer toggle
    • paginated app drawer toggle
    • App drawer transparency toggle
    • Hide navbar lables
    • Transparency toggle for navbar

Others:

• Phone Info: menu when you type *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer
    • Dim the backlight of capacitive buttons
    • 10 different overscroll colors!
    • Mms screen on
    • Toggle APM Items
    • Different Autobrighntess levels
    • Define different volume steps

Advanced Tweaks:

• Mount system rw/ro
    • Wipe cache/dalvik
    • Wipe Battery stats
    • Fix permissions
    • zipalaign apks
    • set sd cache

Additional Infos

Thanks and credits to:

• J4n87 for the creation of original app with richmondo & m0narx & J4n87 for taunting & challenging me to work out the port for the Holiday Device line myself.
    • Romanbb for the original Mod for the GB Sensation
    • Wild Child & WCX users for testing & helping with Vivid
    • HomeSlice for helping out with correcting LTE icons & animations.
    What a joke.

This thread along with GSLeon/WildChild's attitude toward the android community is so absurdly ridiculous and contradictory to their actions, I can't hold my well supported thoughts on this subject in any longer.

A few issues currently facing our beloved community have arisen to my attention, as well as our dev team's attention. The first is all the so called roms floating around with just TONS of useless init.d scripts that don't even function properly, do anything, and even mess up the /cache partition. This is like going to wal-mart to get more fake chrome "tuner kits" to make your 1980's crx go faster. Spoiler: it won't.

The next issue is how so many people who are modifying closed, licensed code (HTC Roms) in smali, are making a large fuss over other folks using their "tweaks," or "code." YOU ARE NOT HTC. You did not license the code you're modifying, another vendor did. Therefore, it's an obscene gesture to attempt to stop others from using modifications to already compiled vendor smali. It's going to happen no matter what, just as you modified someone else's code, and used it as a base. How many ROM developers (copy/paste kangers) actually thank HTC for the base they use?

One question gsleon, and WildChild: how many characters of original code do you actually have? I'd really love you to count. If you have anywhere over 1/3rd of the number of characters HTC uses to build a vendor overlay alone, you might have a case. Otherwise shut and stop "developing" if this is how you treat it.

TL;DR:.
    That is enough!

If you want to bicker and be disrespectful, bring it to IRC. Next person to post negative comments in this thread will get my whip.
    Oh my God here we go again. :/

With all due respect, because I very much respect you GS, holding this tweaks app back on xda is only going to fragment this community even more. This is just something we don't need. :(

However, I completely understand your reasoning though. I just hope you can overlook this because there are those of us who very much care and are trying to make this a better place. :) In the end though, it is entirely your decision to make.

Sent from my HTC Vivid
    First of all, you are an ignorant foul mouthed idiot that obviously doesn't understand licensing.

Firstly I left the original beta mods there & open for others to use, I just am not updating them myself since people couldn't listen. I could've waited to post anything, but I gave others the benefit of the doubt & posted the beta so others could contribute & try them.

As for the Tweaks app, it is not HTC's. It was taken from 100% source & even built. It would fall under apache if so chosen, however as user side code, it can be denied, sold or whatever myself & the other developers choose. It is 100% code written by xda users & not subject to your moronic opinion.

As for HTC, I actually have contacts there & routinely make suggestions, give praise (when well deserved) & ask questions about developing interfaces such as the Tweak app.

So if you want to modify the code & make a better mod or write your own Tweaks app, then go ahead. Oh wait, you probably are one of those 7z cooks that can't even get a rom to boot yet, let alone create an app using c++ or even basic Eclipse w/ant, IDE...

No, instead you want to take the mods that others take the time to understand & create or enhance & you are so upset because you obviously don't have the capability to learn or you after just too lazy to do so.

As for Roms, I don't cook roms for the public & initially set out on this project to create something that Cooks & devs could use & add to. Very few have added anything & all I asked was that no one used them for a public build until completed. If you are going to use a mod & attribute me in your rom, then I want it to work 100%. People disregarded that on day one, so I stopped updating it publicly.

As for init.d scripts, I personally don't use any, so I don't know what the heck that has to do with anything. Just incoherent babbling as far as I can tell.

Know I am starting to understand why the devs that left xda are so back & forth about returning. Because of people like you. So go pound sand.

This thread is also my opinion & has nothing to do with WC aside from the fact that he actually participated in the development & progression of the mods & tweaks.

Mod Edit: Removed post due to language. ~TRM