[ROM][4.2.2][Wi-Fi & 3G] SGT7 - Making your Nexus 7 a true tablet

Search This thread

cdesai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2011
IN YOUR HEAD
SGT7 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (Jellybean), based off CyanogenMod, which is designed to make your tablet feel like a real tablet.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 * Collectively, and at the same time.
 */

sbradymobile
cdesai
humberos

4.1:

• Tablet UI on-the-fly (without any dpi change)
  • Multi-User settings enabled by default.
  • Flip status bar (for left handed people)
  • Status bar, Notification panel & Clock color is customizable
  • Fullscreen mode with autohide option.
  • Gesture Navigation (more on this later)
  • Toggleable Navigation bar with configurable buttons
  • Extended Power Menu with toggleable controls
  • Launcher Improvements
    • Configurable homescreens, grid size.
    • Dock settings
    • Configurable drawer grid size, background, open/close, tab bar
    • Gestures (Double tap, Swipe up/down)
    • Search settings
Gesture Navigation:
Settings -> System -> Gesture navigation
  • 4 assignable zones for drawing gestures
  • Each zone has an action assigned to it.
  • Each zone also has a type assigned to it (Single Tap, Long press, Swipe out of zone)
  • For e.g., tap Zone 1 Action, select any action, and you will be shown a white overlay to the left.
    This is configurable by Zone 1 Size - White
    • X Start - Position from left side
    • X End - Units till which the zone extends from X Start
    • Y Start - Position from top
    • Y End - Units till which the zone extends from Y Start
4.2:

Tablet UI! (Toggleable from Settings -> System -> Status Bar
Trebuchet:
Configurable Dock/HomeScreen Icon Size
Configurable Drawer Options:
Grid Size
Transparent Background
Gestures.
Configurable Search Bar Position
More to come as 4.1 features are ported over.

And of course, all the CyanogenMod 10.1 features are also included.

P.S. This is still a work in progress, and some features might not work as expected.

https://github.com/sgt7
https://github.com/CyanogenMod

You might feel that this is just like those other CyanogenMod kangs, but no, it isn't
It has it's own unique features, and all code from CyanogenMod is regularly merged.
It isn't intended to replace CyanogenMod tbh, but to provide a better CyanogenMod-based ROM for tablets.

If you know how to code, and would like to implement something, fork a repo, do it, and send a pull request :)
Big thanks to goo for hosting, xda for the buildserver, and slimdizzy.

Last edited:

Shano56

Oct 21, 2011
yay.

I think you should change your disclaimer though

Your warranty is may* now void

Hmm guess i'm the lucky winner :D

Last edited:

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
You might feel that this is just like those other CyanogenMod kangs, but no, it isn't
It has it's own unique features, and all features from CM will be merged, it isn't intended to replace CyanogenMod tbh, but to provide a better CM-based ROM for tablets.
I can vouch for this :) Used the SGT7 builds of CM9 on my.. SGT7 and it offered some pretty cool tablet features

FiveOhFour

Jun 29, 2012
New Orleans
Thanks everyone, here's a link, gonna remove it in a few minutes though.

http://goo.gl/9mmh8 - untested as of now

Testers : do report back

should work hopefully, if it works pm me or post some screenshots, and if it doesn't, pm me a logcat (http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Logcat)

P.S. Do a nandroid (aka a backup via cwm), wipe data, and flash it.
Thanks.downloading now and once my battery is to an acceptable level will update,excited to check it out,in particular tablet ui with the stock dpi should be great

hyperdude111

Sep 1, 2010
Just posting to say tested and so far everything works. If you like I can post a screenshot later. No FC's and it seems to be smooth.

Only one thing - The tablet mode seems to be only a tablet panel and not full tablet UI (Launcher & Settings still like phablet).

neilrl79

Aug 15, 2010
Maryland
Just posting to say tested and so far everything works. If you like I can post a screenshot later. No FC's and it seems to be smooth.

Only one thing - The tablet mode seems to be only a tablet panel and not full tablet UI (Launcher & Settings still like phablet).

Same here, not getting the dual pane settings menu that would be in "full" tablet mode, that is what alot of us are looking for. Aside from that the rom works great. Everything seems to be in good working order.

cdesai

Jan 16, 2011
IN YOUR HEAD
Reactions: nadiros

jamesbra

Oct 2, 2010
Why didn't o bring my n7 to work today. Downloading now and will be testing in 8 long hours.

Sent from my slowly but surely customizing SGS3

lawguy

Nov 2, 2011
I insalled it and the tablet UI is not enabled. Is there a setting somewhere to enable it?

FiveOhFour

Jun 29, 2012
New Orleans
Just you ;)

Shall look into it :)
Ok, forgive me its quite possibe my noobness is betraying me here but at the initial link ( http://sgt7.tk/ ) there are two files, the .zip and the md5 sum file and when comparing the two they are not the same, am i flawed in the way im carrying out the verification? completely aside from that where is the toggle that you mention, i know i need sleep badly but im not seeing any option to toggle the UI on the fly its very smooth and similar to CM9 but its still 100 percent phablet UI . Thanks for the help

UPDATE: OK I SEE THE TABLET UI TOGGLE, it is in the status bar area of the system menu

Last edited:

cdesai

Jan 16, 2011
IN YOUR HEAD
Ok, forgive me its quite possibe my noobness is betraying me here but at the initial link ( http://sgt7.tk/ ) there are two files, the .zip and the md5 sum file and when comparing the two they are not the same, am i flawed in the way im carrying out the verification? completely aside from that where is the toggle that you mention, i know i need sleep badly but im not seeing any option to toggle the UI on the fly its very smooth and similar to CM9 but its still 100 percent phablet UI . Thanks for the help

UPDATE: OK I SEE THE TABLET UI TOGGLE, it is in the status bar area of the system menu
Probably, as i check the md5 locally, on the server, and when i mirrored it to goo, it generated the same md5, and the rom did install, so the md5 is indeed correct.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SGT7 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (Jellybean), based off CyanogenMod, which is designed to make your tablet feel like a real tablet.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     * Collectively, and at the same time.
     */

sbradymobile
    cdesai
    humberos

4.1:

• Tablet UI on-the-fly (without any dpi change)
    • Multi-User settings enabled by default.
    • Flip status bar (for left handed people)
    • Status bar, Notification panel & Clock color is customizable
    • Fullscreen mode with autohide option.
    • Gesture Navigation (more on this later)
    • Toggleable Navigation bar with configurable buttons
    • Extended Power Menu with toggleable controls
    • Launcher Improvements
      • Configurable homescreens, grid size.
      • Dock settings
      • Configurable drawer grid size, background, open/close, tab bar
      • Gestures (Double tap, Swipe up/down)
      • Search settings
    Gesture Navigation:
    Settings -> System -> Gesture navigation
    • 4 assignable zones for drawing gestures
    • Each zone has an action assigned to it.
    • Each zone also has a type assigned to it (Single Tap, Long press, Swipe out of zone)
    • For e.g., tap Zone 1 Action, select any action, and you will be shown a white overlay to the left.
      This is configurable by Zone 1 Size - White
      • X Start - Position from left side
      • X End - Units till which the zone extends from X Start
      • Y Start - Position from top
      • Y End - Units till which the zone extends from Y Start
    4.2:

Tablet UI! (Toggleable from Settings -> System -> Status Bar
    Trebuchet:
    Configurable Dock/HomeScreen Icon Size
    Configurable Drawer Options:
    Grid Size
    Transparent Background
    Gestures.
    Configurable Search Bar Position
    More to come as 4.1 features are ported over.

And of course, all the CyanogenMod 10.1 features are also included.

P.S. This is still a work in progress, and some features might not work as expected.

https://github.com/sgt7
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod

It has it's own unique features, and all code from CyanogenMod is regularly merged.
    It isn't intended to replace CyanogenMod tbh, but to provide a better CyanogenMod-based ROM for tablets.

If you know how to code, and would like to implement something, fork a repo, do it, and send a pull request :)
    Big thanks to goo for hosting, xda for the buildserver, and slimdizzy.
    Just released Build 3 :)

http://goo.im/devs/cdesai/grouper/sgt7-10-20120801-EXPERIMENTAL-grouper-cdesai.zip

Had been up for quite a while, surprised not many found it yet.

ChangeLog : http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#grouper/cm10/next + sgt7 features :)
    This rom is kinda the same but PA is beter

It's not better, it's a different interpretation. This ROM does exactly what it says on the tin, and it does it very simply and effectively.

With this ROM there is just one checkbox to tick to switch modes, whereas PA can overwhelm some people with options.

It's bad form to come into this thread and criticise this ROM or say another is better. These developers work hard, and what they have achieved is excellent and worthwhile.
    Sorry for the delay guys, but since we all have only a Galaxy Tab, our first priority is getting 4.2 running on it, so that sbradymobile can start porting his awesome code to 4.2

I've started creating the branches today, but it'll take some time, since our tab needs some work before 4.2 can be usable on it, and i've got exams next week so i'm kinda busy.

If all you need is user accounts, they're enabled in our builds already, though the code has changed quite a lot in 4.2, which we'ld like to have :)

TL;DR
    Stay tuned, there'll be a 4.2 ROM someday, just gonna take some time ;)
    New builds up :)

I was busy with exams, but sbradymobile has done a lot of work on it.

Grab them from the usual place.