my device has just quit workin all together

Search This thread

pollutedmuse

Mar 14, 2013
Sacramento
my att g2 4.2 rooted stock rom worked normally last night, this morning I plugged it into the car charger and it displayed it was charging with 2% charge present. I pressed the power button the boot animation began I set it down and when I picked it back up a few minutes later to use it...well nothing...the charging indicator led wasn't lit and when I pressed the power button LG appeared for only a split second then went black. when I plug it in same thing, LG logo for a brief second then disappears. I haven't done anything recently except xposed modules, no flashing of anything. any ideas? thank you guys

hyperxguy

Mar 31, 2011
It happened to me (on other devices) when I let them discharged too far. Just allow it to charge awhile then try to hold the power button
for 10-20secs ... The NookHD+ were the worst in this situation (it won't charge sometimes, I had to plug/unplug a few times to initiate a charge, I was almost about to RMA one of them).

pollutedmuse

Mar 14, 2013
Sacramento
something else that's odd

when I plugged my device into my laptop the laptop acted like I just plugged in 12 different things that all needed to have their disk formatted. what is going on? wierd

shriom_manerker

Mar 23, 2011
Margao,Goa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5T
when I plugged my device into my laptop the laptop acted like I just plugged in 12 different things that all needed to have their disk formatted. what is going on? wierd

try charging the device in offline mode ( turn it off and let it charrge for a while) and then turn it on . mind wouldnt turn on because of very low charge yesterday. doing this helped

pollutedmuse

Mar 14, 2013
Sacramento
update

I let it charge for several hours, nothing...it appears to be in some kind of boot loop. I can't turn it off all the way, I hold the powwer button for tensec or so and the LG will appear for a second then disapear and then the back light stays on. oh ya, when I plugged it in a few hours ago it wouldn't turn on but the red LED was flashing. I'm not sure how long it stayed on, but it was off when i got back to it several hours later. thank you for your time fellas!

nms247

May 7, 2011
London
If you can get to recovery at all, leaving it on charge in there. Has saved me in a similar situation.

nemesiser

Jul 28, 2010
try charging the device in offline mode ( turn it off and let it charrge for a while) and then turn it on . mind wouldnt turn on because of very low charge yesterday. doing this helped

Could have been the power switch that makes the phone short circuit and goes off anytime.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

fastfoodfred

Jan 21, 2011
it sounds like you had the same thing as everyone else yesterday that had twrp installed and the carrier automatically updated the system.

I could not get my phone recognized by the laptop and had to use pdanet drivers, which finally worked, but I still had to dig for the device. then had to flash back to stock. There is a pretty good thread on this topic, already. Search for it in the developer section. Do not skip any steps, such as setting the date back to jan2012 and turning off the internet. go slow and methodically, or you will miss a step and get frustrated.