[ROM] Official HTC OTA WWE 2.1 Update! | Gallery 3D | VoiceSearch | WORKING!

Search This thread

42turkeys

Apr 18, 2010
Official HTC WWE 2.1 OTA Update Rooted!

NOTE:
1. Now possible to 'downgrade' 'Hero_HTC_WWE_2.73.405.5 RUU' - Just flash!
2. Confirmed that the Radio works for Orange users too!
3. The ROM does not include radio! (See below for download)
4. WWE = All Languages
5. Please remember to WIPE EVERYTHING + NANDROID!

Thanks to hours spent last night, we have finally made a working rooted ROM based on the official 2.1 update!

Downloads:

The Full ROM: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b25666c/n/signed_062910_164847.zip

Add-ons:
VoiceSearch: http://www.ibotchat.co.uk/voicesearch.apk
Gallery 3D: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=337630&d=1275684251

Information for Developers/Cookers ONLY
1. Version: 3.32.405.1 WWE Build (All Languages)
2. HTC FULL ROM Download
3. Busybox Dump by andrewb84uk

Instructions for flash
1. Download the ROM and Flash via Recovery mode.
3. Download the radio and Flash via Recovery mode. YOUR PHONE WILL REBOOT TWICE, DO NOT INTERRUPT IT!!

Files Removed:
1. Maps.apk | PDFViewer.apk | Quickoffice.apk | Stk.apk | Stk.odex | YouTube.apk
2. The above files were removed for the simple fact the ROM was too large to flash root.
3. If you require the files again please click the above download links when they become available. (Dload Maps off the Market)
4. 3D Gallery, Voice Search ect. See here

Credits
Credit goes to me for helping andrewb84uk, adding root & bricking some Heros with my dodgy update-script! :eek:
Credit goes to andrewb84uk for packing/dumping/flashing/testing/moral support + his ROM thread.

Donations
me - GBP / Euro / USD
andrewb84uk - GBP / Euro / USD

Languages: (Thanks to andrewb84uk)
English (Austria), English (Switzerland), English (Germany), English (Spain), English (France), English (United Kingdom), English (Greece). English (Italy, English (Netherlands), English (Russia), English (Norway), English (Denmark), English (Sweden), English (Czech Republic), English (Poland), English (Romania), English (Hungary), English (Slovakia), English (South Africa), English (Israel), English (Ireland), English (Latvia), English (Estonia), English (Lithuania), English (Luxembourg), English (Ekraine), Francais (Espagne), Francais (France), Francais (Royaume-Uni), Francais (Afrique du Sud), Francais (Italie), Francais (Luxembourg), Italano (Austria), Italiano (Svizzera), Italiano (Germania), Italiano (Spagna), Italiano (Regno Unito), Italiano (Italia), Italiano (Israele), Espanol (Espana), Espanol (Reino Unido), Espanol (Israel), Nederlands (Nederland), Nederlands (Luxemburg), Deutsch (Osterreich), Deutsch (Schweiz), Deutsch (Deutschland), Deutsch (Spanien), Deutsch (Niederlande), Deutsch (Italien), Deutsch Deutsch (Luxemburg), Portugues, Norsk bokmal (Norge), Norsk bokmal (Sverige). Dansk (Norge), Dansk (Denmark), Dansk (Sverige), Svenska (Norge), Svenska (Sverige), Cestina (Ceska republika), Cestina (Polsko), Cestina (Rumunsko), Cestina (Madarsko), Cestina (Slovensko), Cestina (Lotyssko), Cestina (Estonsko), Cestina (Litva), Polski (Czechy), Polski (Rumunia), Polsko (Wegry), Polski (Slowacja), Polski (Lotwa), Polski (Estonia), Polski (Litwa), Suomi + more which I didn't understand to add in English.

Keyboard Languages: (Again thanks to andrewb84uk)
English, Espanol, Francais, Italiano, Netherlands, Norsk, Polski, Portugues, Svenska + more which I didn't understand to add in English.

Last edited:

Fra31

Nov 22, 2009
xD i wanna try ç_________ç this rom!!!

Can you also post the new radio image?? :)

Last edited:

rfgamaral

Nov 19, 2009
Porto
I have a question though...

The update had a bunch of new files that's for sure, but it also lots of "patches", which needs the original files. Does this ROM also uses those patches or what?

Mynx

Jun 28, 2010
Lol and i thought that Friendsstream & A2SD where standard features of 2.1 , im not gonna use then , ill stick with Villainrom for now :p

max0r1m

Jun 28, 2010
Hey guys, I'm new here.

Does "rooted" also mean that we'll be able to flash further custom roms?

Feeyo

May 19, 2010
Amsterdam
www.cronosproject.org
I have a question though...

The update had a bunch of new files that's for sure, but it also lots of "patches", which needs the original files. Does this ROM also uses those patches or what?

Thats why I said less work for me lol. The patching system is fully dumped with md5sums based on the original and part 1 update. So to get this fully patched we would need to add our own md5sums to the patcher list and then flash it over. :)

42turkeys

Apr 18, 2010
Currently andrewb84uk is flashing this and is going to tar the /system with busybox for us.

Hopefully...

If anyone else wants to then here's a howto: (ONLY IF YOU ARE PREPARED NOT TO HAVE ROOT EVER AGAIN!

0) If you need to, unroot using an RUU then flash part 1 & part 2
1) Install Android SDK or simply adb
2) Download busybox for Android
3) Launch Windows console (cmd) and go to the directory where busybox is with the "cd path/to/the/file" command.
4) "adb devices" <- Is your device detected ? If not, install HTC Sync // Of course, before you have to plug your device in... (Sync mode I guess)
5) "adb push busybox /data/local/busybox
6) "adb shell"
7) "cd /sdcard/"
8) "chmod 755 /data/local/busybox" (something like that)
9) "/data/local/busybox tar cvf dump.tar /system"
10) When it's finished, you will have a normal error like 'tar: error exit delayed from previous errors'.

idroid84

Mar 12, 2010
UK
If I can't find a way around root once I have done it I will just break it somehow and say the flash failed instore to get a replacement! ;)

OK here goes;

Part 1 - Reinstalling RUU_Hero_HTC_WWE_2.73.405.5_WWE (Done)
Part 2 - Get Update 1
Part 3 - Get Update 2
Part 4 - Busybox IT
Part 5 - Upload /system (Complete!)

DUMP
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BTFTQ234

Keep watching this post.

Last edited:

deejay300

Oct 17, 2009
The radio image

I flashed the radio image in the first post onto my Orange UK Hero and it locked it. It can be undone by reflashing the previous image but you should out this in the post.

42turkeys

Apr 18, 2010
If I can't find a way around root once I have done it I will just break it somehow and say the flash failed instore to get a replacement! ;)

OK here goes;

Part 1 - Reinstalling RUU_Hero_HTC_WWE_2.73.405.5_WWE (Current Stage)
Part 2 - Get Update 1
Part 3 - Get Update 2
Part 4 - Busybox IT
Part 5 - Upload /system

Keep watching this post.
Top way to break it:
Reinstall the OTA & Pull battery during radio flash & say it failed :)

I will make the tar into a rooted update.zip in the morning.

Good Luck :)