Search This thread

Cayniarb

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 6, 2010
NOVA

AOSP Kernels for HTC's 8x50, 7x30, and 8x60 Devices
Also available for the Motorola Xoom​
Tiamat kernels are designed for use on all ROMs that are built from the AOSP source code. This includes ROMs built from MIUI, CyanogenMod, and others.
Tiamat receives no support for use with ROMs based on HTC's Sense - use at your own risk.
Tiamat Kernels

You can find full details about Tiamat Kernels at our website. The site is up and running and serves as a more centralized location to get updates, downloads, and changelogs for all Tiamat Kernels. There is no forum or Registration, it’s just a more convenient way to keep things organized as we work to add support for more devices.​
Support

For easy error-proof installation, use Flash Image GUI from joeykrim. Market Link (donate) and XDA Thread (free).

Join the Tiamat Kernel developers on IRC at irc.freenode.net, #tiamat. Support and questions are generally handled faster there than the forums. You can easily join via webchat here.​
Special Thanks to:
toastcfh, slayher and the CyanogenMod team for the base kernels and everything else they do for the Android community
bcnice20 for generally being awesome
TeamWin for also generally being awesome
netarchy, chad0989, cuviper, and invisiblek for some great code
intersectRaven and redstar3894 for the Mjolnir compiler
JasonK75 for updating threads​

Last edited:

#Winning#

May 20, 2010
ICT, Kansas
looks neato
sbc?

downloading now!

Lets hope not! Looks like a pretty promising kernel, I might have to give this a shot after a bit. We need another kernel to run with CM7 that doesn't include SBC.

EDIT: So since this is based off of the CM kernel I am going to take a shot in the dark and guess it is a BFS base then or no?

Last edited:
Reactions: xHausx

#Winning#

May 20, 2010
ICT, Kansas
installed, running good, change log says sbc in there 2.0.2, then revert sbc in 2.1.0

I don't have time right this second to give it a flash but if you figure out anything else that would make it seem like SBC please post back. I know I sound like a little girl whining about using SBC but I would rather not run the risk even if it hasn't been proven. My guess would be if this had SBC in the newest it would be included in the title.

Reactions: adamw79

NewZJ

Aug 27, 2010
Seattle, Wa
I don't have time right this second to give it a flash but if you figure out anything else that would make it seem like SBC please post back. I know I sound like a little girl whining about using SBC but I would rather not run the risk even if it hasn't been proven. My guess would be if this had SBC in the newest it would be included in the title.
on the charger now, at 87%. will keep you posted

transfer speeds to sd card still slow

has slow charging bug too

Last edited:

snandlal

Apr 14, 2010
Top notch kernel. The only one that will reconnect 4g automatically when entering and leaving a non 4g phone

Cayniarb

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 6, 2010
NOVA
Thanks for all the quick feedback. This kernel has been out for the incredible for a while and since I have an Evo too, I decided to bring it over (finally).

To answer some of the questions:
-No, this kernel does not have the SBC mod. In my experience, it did not work right on the Inc (as in, at all), and I am not really keen on the potential downsides, so I don't bother with it. If there is sufficient demand, I would consider changing my mind.
-Yes, the kernel is based on the cm-kernel. The stock cm-kernel that ships with CM7 uses the CFS (not BFS). The Evo version (unlike the Inc version) does use BFQ (not the same as BFS).
-No, I do not have a fast charge fix/tweak. If someone could point me in the direction of that code, I would be happy to add it in.
-4G - I haven't tested, but there is 4G near my office, so I will tomorrow. There is no reason it should not work though since it is up to date with the CM7 changes.

Also, multi-touch information in the OP is primarily geared toward the Incredible. The Evo releases should always have the standard 3/5 options, regardless of recovery version. For the Incredible, it gets more complicated - some screens support 10, others 3, and different versions of CWM recovery will and will not support any beyond 2. So, for Evo users, disregard that in the changelog.

S

sirmx

Nice to have even more kernel options. I appreciate the Evo 4g support.

I don't think anyone has a solution for the slow SD card transfers while mounted. ADB push/pull seems to be faster than mounting and transferring.

Cheers, and thanks!

bigrushdog

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2007
Wow

Man Cay you're just out there killing it! Another repo to fork. I'm gonna have to see what goodies I can cherrypick for my Xoom kernel still in the works. Great work bro!

Reactions: scott951

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

AOSP Kernels for HTC's 8x50, 7x30, and 8x60 Devices
    Also available for the Motorola Xoom​
    Tiamat kernels are designed for use on all ROMs that are built from the AOSP source code. This includes ROMs built from MIUI, CyanogenMod, and others.
    Tiamat receives no support for use with ROMs based on HTC's Sense - use at your own risk.
    Tiamat Kernels

You can find full details about Tiamat Kernels at our website. The site is up and running and serves as a more centralized location to get updates, downloads, and changelogs for all Tiamat Kernels. There is no forum or Registration, it’s just a more convenient way to keep things organized as we work to add support for more devices.​
    Support

For easy error-proof installation, use Flash Image GUI from joeykrim. Market Link (donate) and XDA Thread (free).

Join the Tiamat Kernel developers on IRC at irc.freenode.net, #tiamat. Support and questions are generally handled faster there than the forums. You can easily join via webchat here.​
    Special Thanks to:
    toastcfh, slayher and the CyanogenMod team for the base kernels and everything else they do for the Android community
    bcnice20 for generally being awesome
    TeamWin for also generally being awesome
    netarchy, chad0989, cuviper, and invisiblek for some great code
    intersectRaven and redstar3894 for the Mjolnir compiler
    JasonK75 for updating threads​
    reserved for later
    sorry for the stupid question but what does sbc stands for cuz i want to download to my evo but dont know which of the 2
    Check out this guide, it really helped me when I was trying to figure out which kernel to flash on to my EVO.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=894880

But to answer your question......

SBC=Superior Battery Charging

SBC is a type of "trickle" charging. It's a full, slow, complete charge and it prevents the 10% drop that most users get when pulling the phone off the charger. This kernel performs best with an overnight charge. Some users asked questions on the safety of the SBC charging method. Ms79723 states that it slowly pushes mV into the battery and thus keeps the battery cool. SBC kernels push the battery past their normal 100% charged point, to a TRUE 100% charged battery. These kernels also charge extended batteries to their maximum and show true "on charger" voltages, which would deem these to be more accurate for checking voltages on your battery. There was and still are concerns of the SBC kernels destroying your battery, but to most people now these dont pose much concern anymore.

If I helped, don't forget to hit the THANKS button! Also, don't let these "Senior Members" get to you.....they just got to make themselves feel important by picking on new members....that's all!
    Okay, I just discovered this app, and considering it works with the kernel, I figured I'd share it.

Sysctl Config

Anyone who has worked with Linux kernels before knows about messing with some of these settings, however I noticed significant responsiveness (and slightly better battery) after modifying them. You can use whatever settings you like, of course, but mine are:

Min Free Kbytes = 2624
    Dirty Ratio = 95
    Dirty Background Ratio = 60
    VFS Cache Pressure = 10

Changing these figures from what they are currently will modify the way that the system manages and recaptures resources. A good explanation can be found here.

These settings applied on top of 4.0.7 SBC has made this kernel the best I've ever used.