[Q] HELP!!! RUU error 155: error update image

Search This thread

ninpoumike

Apr 6, 2011
campobasso
I have to send my Desire to Assistence because it have the problem of the rebooting, it is rooted and I have installed the DjDroid, it isn't Branded, when I run the RUU it give me the error 155: error update image.

It is a method to install it from a zip file like a custom rom?

I urgent need it for gave the Desire to the assistance, please don't abandon me!

Reactions: pjas

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Which RUU are you using? And you dont flash it like a custom ROM

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App

kpf16

Nov 19, 2010
March
so you done super cid and it work? then you tried to flash th rru using windows and got the error?

kpf16

Nov 19, 2010
March
so just to make this clear if i get this error i put the phone into hboot and then run rru again on the pc?

Rolando88

Mar 13, 2010
Thanks

Thanks mate i had same problem thanks to your post i saw i needed to put it into fastboot!

(HTC SENSATION)

smoraneng

Dec 27, 2011
Denver
Possible solution?

I also need to send my sensation back for warranty but couldn't get the pyramid ruu to install, also getting the 155 error.
IDK but I was running a custom rom based on RUU 1.73 and trying to to RUU 1.29 and it kept failing.
I finally installed a different custom ROM based on RUU 1.43, and then I ran the stock ruu installer/updater and it worked just fine.
Like I said, IDK for sure, but maybe it had to do with the versions of the RUU that i was trying to get from/to.
good luck

jesush22

Mar 7, 2012
thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

dude i just created this account to say thank u to all. i went to sleep last night at 6 am trying to fix it and thank to you i finally got it

pjas

Oct 26, 2010
thanks for posting,i spent hours trying different ruu's without luck then found your post.i had the same error 155

lostboybinns

Sep 17, 2010
can I just confirm how people are going about this?
I load up the bootlopader, press the poewr button on fastboot then rpess the power button on reboot. Let the phone load up and start the update utility? Im still getting the error if thats how people are doing it

Reactions: b0ngokarl

V1k70r

Jan 6, 2012
I load up the bootlopader, press the poewr button on fastboot then rpess the power button on reboot. Let the phone load up and start the update utility? Im still getting the error if thats how people are doing it

Go into the bootloader, press on fastboot, connect to your PC and run the RUU.

cvdv87

Mar 12, 2012
Maassluis
Nice job!

Thanks for the info dude you saved me a lot trouble.

:cool:

PS: if ruu is not finding your device on the white screen make sure you select fastboot and press the powerbutton, then try it again

homewoodm01

Nov 23, 2009
My problem was the error message came up after the installer tried to reboot to bootloader. The custom ROM I had installed must have been interfering with this. So selecting fastboot from the bootloader menu, before starting the RUU, has bypassed this sticking point. Great news, only took 2 hours! Usually a problem like this would stump me for days until a Eureka moment. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    solved

I have done! I reboot the phone in the fastboot mode and here I have replay the procedure of the RUU and in this way the error 155 don't appear!
    I have done! I reboot the phone in the fastboot mode and here I have replay the procedure of the RUU and in this way the error 155 don't appear!

I've had the same 155 error Problem and solved it like you did!!
    Thanks!!! Searched lost of hours in the Internet before;-)
    I have to send my Desire to Assistence because it have the problem of the rebooting, it is rooted and I have installed the DjDroid, it isn't Branded, when I run the RUU it give me the error 155: error update image.

It is a method to install it from a zip file like a custom rom?

I urgent need it for gave the Desire to the assistance, please don't abandon me!