[Mod][Xposed][v1.4.0] Play Store Changelog - Show the full changelog!

Search This thread

P1nGu1n_

Feb 13, 2013
Introduction
Play Store Changelog is an Xposed Module to always display an app's full changelog instead of the first four lines. I created it because it annoyed it that I had to click 'Read more' to see the full changelog.

Simply enable the module and reboot. After you changed any settings they are applied instantly.

Screenshots
C1MHkJz.jpg
zFaQG6Z.jpg

Compatibility
Play Store Changelog supports Play Store 5.0.31 and higher.

Download
Download from the Xposed Module Repository
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.p1ngu1n.playstorechangelog

Source
Source code can be found on GitHub and is published under the GNU GPL v3 license.
https://github.com/P1nGu1n/PlayStoreChangelog

Problems/feedback

Having any problems?
  • Make sure the module is enabled in Xposed Installer and you rebooted afterwards.
  • Make sure you're using the most recent version.
  • Make sure your Google Play version is compatible.

Still not solved?
  1. Enable debugging in the settings.
  2. Replicate the problem (do what you were facing a problem with).
  3. Send me your Xposed Log (found in Xposed Installer).

Any comments, requests or questions?
  • I'm open to feedback, just say it!
  • If you have any questions or comments, name it this thread.

Thanks

Finally
Even though everything I release is carefully tested, I can't guarantee nothing will ever go wrong. Use at your own risk!

If you're enjoying this module, donations are highly appreciated.

XDA:DevDB Information
Play Store Changelog, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
P1nGu1n_
Source Code: https://github.com/P1nGu1n/PlayStoreChangelog

Xposed Package Name: com.p1ngu1n.playstorechangelog

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v1.3.2
Stable Release Date: 2016-08-11

Created 2014-10-30
Last Updated 2017-10-15

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-03-20-36-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-03-20-36-44.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 7,832
  • Screenshot_2015-01-03-20-36-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-03-20-36-23.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 7,746

P1nGu1n_

Feb 13, 2013
Changelog
Updates can be downloaded from Xposed Installer.

v1.4.0 - 2017-10-15
  • Play Store v8.1.25 up to v8.3.42 compatibility (latest versions as of writing)
  • Nougat compatible
  • Removed Auto Refresh feature: it required too much work, use the refresh button instead
  • Removed default to My Apps feature: it required too much maintenance, use App Shortcuts instead
  • Removed hide launcher icon feature: the compiler didn't like it anymore, hide it in your launcher instead

v1.3.2 - 2016-08-11
  • Play Store v6.8.24.F and v6.9.15.G compatibility (latest versions as of writing) - thanks Unpublished!
  • Added Ukrainian translation by Electroz
  • Updated Slovak translation by ja-som

v1.3.1 - 2016-07-03
  • Play Store v6.8.20.F compatibility (latest version as of writing)
  • Added the option to auto-refresh the Installed Apps list [beta] - Disabled by default, please give me feedback on this!
    You don't have to do anything (only enable it), the list is refreshed automatically. When you re-open the Play Store the Installed Apps list will be refreshed and new updates (if any) will be shown. This should complete in a few seconds.

v1.3.0 - 2016-06-11

v1.2.2 - 2016-06-01

v1.2.1 - 2016-03-10
  • Play Store v6.3.13.B compatibility (latest version as of writing)

v1.2.0 - 2016-02-22

v1.1.3 - 2015-03-05
  • Play Store v5.3.5 compatibility
  • Korean, Slovak and Russian translation, thanks @wolfwork, @pyler and GromozavrStas

v1.1.2 - 2014-11-12
  • Rewrote the whole 'My Apps as default pane' code, this is way more dynamic and respects intents
  • Simplified Chinese translation by Anyoe
  • Improved French translation by Micks29

v1.1.1 - 2014-11-10
  • Worked around preferences not being loaded for some users, caused by a permission problem (detailed explanation).
  • French translation, thanks Micks29

v1.1.0 - 2014-11-06
  • Option to change the default pane from Store Home to My Apps
  • Added a user interface to change your preferences
  • Made showing the full changelog optional
  • New Icon - thanks PünchUp

v1.0.0 - 2014-10-30
  • Initial release, please let me know what you think of this module!

Last edited:

EMK2000

Jun 23, 2014
It works on my Galaxy Note 3 LTE (SM-N9005) and Galaxy Core (GT-I8262) with Play Store 5.0.31.

Reactions: P1nGu1n_

inder67

Jan 8, 2013
Really good module. One thing I want to point out that it shows changelog for all versions instead of latest changelog.

Reactions: P1nGu1n_

shivadow

Jan 26, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Just tried this mod on a galaxy s3 i9300 4.3 mk6 stock rom with agni kernel, Google play store 5.0.31 and it still has the change logs hidden. No errors in xposed log and the module seems to load fine.

Good idea though!

P1nGu1n_

Feb 13, 2013
@EMK2000, @defim, @inder67, @shivadow, @jaibar, @lulli1, @reversegear and @starbase64: Everyone, thanks for your feedback, it's highly appreciated!

Really good module. One thing I want to point out that it shows changelog for all versions instead of latest changelog.

All it does is stop the Play Store form limiting the changelog to 4 lines. So if in the changelog formultiple versions are shown, then the app developer probably put the changelog for the few latest versions in its latest changelog.

Just tried this mod on a galaxy s3 i9300 4.3 mk6 stock rom with agni kernel, Google play store 5.0.31 and it still has the change logs hidden. No errors in xposed log and the module seems to load fine.

Good idea though!

If I remember correctly, a changelog is only shown when an app already is installed. This behaviour is not changed because all it does is stop it from limiting the changelog to 4 lines. If the changelog was hidden before, it will still be hidden.

This module makes the incomplete play store to perfect play store
Thanks for the module

Edit: a feature request
Can you implement to show the current version of installed app to show in playstore

I'm not quite sure what you mean, can you explain it furthermore?

Last edited:

shivadow

Jan 26, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
P1nGu1n_ said:
All it does is stop the Play Store form limiting the changelog to 4 lines. So if in the changelog formultiple versions are shown, then the app developer probably put the changelog for the few latest versions in its latest changelog.

If I remember correctly, a changelog is only shown when an app already is installed. This behaviour is not changed because all it does is stop it from limiting the changelog to 4 lines. If the changelog was hidden before, it will still be hidden.

In which case it works flawlessly and I am an idiot!. Thanks very much.

Last edited:

reversegear

Jul 17, 2011
Amazon Fire TV
Realme GT Neo 2
I'm not quite sure what you mean, can you explain it furthermore?

OK here is the brief explanation with an example ;)

In playstore latest version is 22.0.0.0.6
cbd5c1e64c92f1ab02633ab1bc2fa56f.jpg

I have face book installed version 22.0.0.0.2
5b0ee662ca663354a129ec7ac3b15897.jpg

Before updating to latest version To check the installed version one has to navigate to settings>>app>>Facebook
And check the version

If it is possible to put the version in play store app like this then it will be helpful
Check the screen shot below
80b46e6aed3741f23f6ed4add7ac238c.jpg

P1nGu1n_

Feb 13, 2013
OK here is the brief explanation with an example ;)

In playstore latest version is 22.0.0.0.6
cbd5c1e64c92f1ab02633ab1bc2fa56f.jpg

I have face book installed version 22.0.0.0.2
5b0ee662ca663354a129ec7ac3b15897.jpg

Before updating to latest version To check the installed version one has to navigate to settings>>app>>Facebook
And check the version

If it is possible to put the version in play store app like this then it will be helpful
Check the screen shot below
80b46e6aed3741f23f6ed4add7ac238c.jpg

Aaah, I get what you mean. This value probably isn't available internally, but even if it is, I don't know where to put this version number. Hacking the whole layout just to add another field is not an option. I think that it would defeat the purpose of this simple app, which I tend to keep simple.

Made an icon if you'd like to use

Thanks! Usually I do make icons, but since it doesn't have a GUI and thus isn't shown in the launcher, I decided to spend my precious development time to other stuff haha. I'll add it to the next version.

@P1nGu1n_,

it works great here too! :)

I also have an suggestion - can you add the date of version at the same place? :)

Thank in advance! ;)

Great work! :)

Thanks for your feedback! To which place are you referring to?

PunchUp

Sep 18, 2013
Want me to provide resolutions directly from the svg file? Or you'll resize that one?

Ninolina

Dec 1, 2009
Beograd
Thanks for your feedback! To which place are you referring to?

I now see that I wasn't clear about that. I would like to see the date of the app on that first page without need to go to "more". In previous versions of Google Play - a few moths ago - the date was visible on the first page where is now located "in app purchase"

I hope I managed to describe it better now. :)

Thank you. ;)

P1nGu1n_

Feb 13, 2013
Want me to provide resolutions directly from the svg file? Or you'll resize that one?

You mean converting them already to the different resolutions for including them in the app? Using your original file might give the best results :good:

I now see that I wasn't clear about that. I would like to see the date of the app on that first page without need to go to "more". In previous versions of Google Play - a few moths ago - the date was visible on the first page where is now located "in app purchase"

I hope I managed to describe it better now. :)

Thank you. ;)

Its okay, I get it now :) Google tightly coupled their GUI with the code, inserting elements would require too much hacking, which I'm not planning to do because I wan't to keep it simple

Last edited:
Reactions: Ninolina

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction
    Play Store Changelog is an Xposed Module to always display an app's full changelog instead of the first four lines. I created it because it annoyed it that I had to click 'Read more' to see the full changelog.

Simply enable the module and reboot. After you changed any settings they are applied instantly.

Screenshots
    C1MHkJz.jpg
    zFaQG6Z.jpg

Compatibility
    Play Store Changelog supports Play Store 5.0.31 and higher.

Download
    Download from the Xposed Module Repository
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.p1ngu1n.playstorechangelog

Source
    Source code can be found on GitHub and is published under the GNU GPL v3 license.
    https://github.com/P1nGu1n/PlayStoreChangelog

Problems/feedback

Having any problems?
    • Make sure the module is enabled in Xposed Installer and you rebooted afterwards.
    • Make sure you're using the most recent version.
    • Make sure your Google Play version is compatible.

Still not solved?
    1. Enable debugging in the settings.
    2. Replicate the problem (do what you were facing a problem with).
    3. Send me your Xposed Log (found in Xposed Installer).

Any comments, requests or questions?
    • I'm open to feedback, just say it!
    • If you have any questions or comments, name it this thread.

Thanks

Finally
    Even though everything I release is carefully tested, I can't guarantee nothing will ever go wrong. Use at your own risk!

If you're enjoying this module, donations are highly appreciated.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Play Store Changelog, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    P1nGu1n_
    Source Code: https://github.com/P1nGu1n/PlayStoreChangelog

Xposed Package Name: com.p1ngu1n.playstorechangelog

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v1.3.2
    Stable Release Date: 2016-08-11

Created 2014-10-30
    Last Updated 2017-10-15
    1.2.0 released
    The update can be downloaded from Xposed Installer.

Changelog:
    • Play Store v6.2.10 compatibility (latest version as of writing)
    • Czech, Greek and Italian translation, thanks @loqan, @Vagelis1608 and @jacknot

Announcement:
    Google added obfuscation to v6.2.10, which is why this module broke. Simple explanation of what obfuscation is: it changes al kind of names internally, which means this module may need to be updated for every new Play Store update. I don't use Xposed myself anymore, so I don't use this module anymore too. I'm willing to maintain it for the community, if people still use this module. If there isn't enough demand, I don't know if I will keep updating this mod. So... let me know! Edit: due to overwhelming response, I will happily continue to support this module!

If you're enjoying this module, donations are highly appreciated. :)

Please report what you think about this module and what improvements you would like to see.
    Everyone thanks for the feedback you gave!
    1.4.0 released

I'm sorry I haven't updated this module for so long. I don't use Xposed myself anymore, so I only found out recently it was broken. Because I don't use Xposed (and thus this module), I'm maintaining this module solely for the Xposed/XDA community, so I hope you appreciate this (late) update.

Changelog:
    • Play Store v8.1.25 up to v8.3.42 compatibility (latest versions as of writing)
    • Nougat compatible
    • Removed Auto Refresh feature: it required too much work, use the refresh button instead
    • Removed default to My Apps feature: it required too much maintenance, use App Shortcuts instead
    • Removed hide launcher icon feature: the compiler didn't like it anymore, hide it in your launcher instead

Please report what you think about this module and what improvements you would like to see.
    Changelog
    Updates can be downloaded from Xposed Installer.

v1.4.0 - 2017-10-15
    • Nougat compatible

v1.3.2 - 2016-08-11
    • Play Store v6.8.24.F and v6.9.15.G compatibility (latest versions as of writing) - thanks Unpublished!
    • Added Ukrainian translation by Electroz
    • Updated Slovak translation by ja-som

v1.3.1 - 2016-07-03
    • Play Store v6.8.20.F compatibility (latest version as of writing)
    • Added the option to auto-refresh the Installed Apps list [beta] - Disabled by default, please give me feedback on this!
      You don't have to do anything (only enable it), the list is refreshed automatically. When you re-open the Play Store the Installed Apps list will be refreshed and new updates (if any) will be shown. This should complete in a few seconds.

v1.3.0 - 2016-06-11

v1.2.2 - 2016-06-01

v1.2.1 - 2016-03-10
    • Play Store v6.3.13.B compatibility (latest version as of writing)

v1.2.0 - 2016-02-22

v1.1.3 - 2015-03-05
    • Play Store v5.3.5 compatibility
    • Korean, Slovak and Russian translation, thanks @wolfwork, @pyler and GromozavrStas

v1.1.2 - 2014-11-12
    • Rewrote the whole 'My Apps as default pane' code, this is way more dynamic and respects intents
    • Simplified Chinese translation by Anyoe
    • Improved French translation by Micks29

v1.1.1 - 2014-11-10
    • Worked around preferences not being loaded for some users, caused by a permission problem (detailed explanation).
    • French translation, thanks Micks29

v1.1.0 - 2014-11-06
    • Option to change the default pane from Store Home to My Apps
    • Added a user interface to change your preferences
    • Made showing the full changelog optional
    • New Icon - thanks PünchUp

v1.0.0 - 2014-10-30
    • Initial release, please let me know what you think of this module!
    1.2.2 released

After a quick beta test with positive results, the update is officially released to the Xposed repository. If you manually installed the APK yesterday, there's no need to update as it's the same version.

Changelog: