Android on Zune HD?

Search This thread

ghost55

Sep 19, 2010
Is there any way someone could put android on the Zune HD? The Zune HD uses the Nvidia Tegra apx 2600 platform, which Nvidia has shown running android, and the existence of the openzdk has allowed people to execute native code on the device. the idea of being able to run android or some form of linux on my beloved zune hd is just awesome.

Reactions: DemiNutive

DemiNutive

May 11, 2011
Southbridge, Ma
Android on Zune HD!?!?!?!

I love my Zune HD as well but not so much my HD7. I do believe that with the OpenZDK it MIGHT be possible but the only hope I seen was somebody on another forum site devote to Zune be able to access Windows CE 6.5 that runs under the Zune software on the device.

ghost55

Sep 19, 2010
I have been thinking, and if I can convince Nvidia to give the the compiler for the Tegra APX 2600, I could compile a simple Maemo 5.1 build (lighter resource footprint then android), and load it on to my zune by connecting the zune to a linux machine so I can access its file system as if it was a flash drive.

T

TheForgotten

I would also like to see this work, I have a hd, I would love to see some devs jump on this. ANYONE please :)

ghost55

Sep 19, 2010
its been a week, and I do not think Nvidia is going to give me the compiler :(
anyone else have an idea of how this could work?

T

TheForgotten

First we have to get past the bootloader on the zune.

Aneelll

Feb 20, 2011
Bump..

Love the idea... wonder if the idea catches any one's eye.. *sigh*..

*Heights of expectation*..

If an android itself gets put on this as an APP and then if we click it, takes us to a more android looking screen that can atleast run angrybirds for the kicks.. :D .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there any way someone could put android on the Zune HD? The Zune HD uses the Nvidia Tegra apx 2600 platform, which Nvidia has shown running android, and the existence of the openzdk has allowed people to execute native code on the device. the idea of being able to run android or some form of linux on my beloved zune hd is just awesome.