[Q] I Cant'flash ANY custom rom on my Note 2???

Search This thread

.iKnowRight.

Mar 26, 2014
Hey guys so I had my phone at 4.1.2 all stock everything. Then I decided to root and install the DN3 rom as I Flash the rom the AROMA installer DID NOT open, it just said it flashed correctly and I have to re boot. After Rebot I got stuck at boot loop . I flashed STOCK rom 4.3, and same thing everytime I flash ANY CUSTOM ROM DN3,phoenix,omega,jellykat) Aroma doesnt open but it says it flashed. I always get bootloop or stuck at samsung logo upon flashing any custom roms.

also when I flash a custom rom before i reboot, recovery says either im not rooted, or it has to fix root.

Please help me! I flashed stock rom waaaay tooo many times just trying to get a custom rom. Btw Im in 4.3 Jellybean , XXUEML3 Bootloader

I tried changing my recovery from Philz, CWM. and TWRP Same thing every single time. Tried Downloading from other links. Tried rooting with Dr. Ketan and CF root. Tried using lower Odin versions.

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Hey guys so I had my phone at 4.1.2 all stock everything. Then I decided to root and install the DN3 rom as I Flash the rom the AROMA installer DID NOT open, it just said it flashed correctly and I have to re boot. After Rebot I got stuck at boot loop . I flashed STOCK rom 4.3, and same thing everytime I flash ANY CUSTOM ROM DN3,phoenix,omega,jellykat) Aroma doesnt open but it says it flashed. I always get bootloop or stuck at samsung logo upon flashing any custom roms.

also when I flash a custom rom before i reboot, recovery says either im not rooted, or it has to fix root.

Please help me! I flashed stock rom waaaay tooo many times just trying to get a custom rom. Btw Im in 4.3 Jellybean , XXUEML3 Bootloader

I tried changing my recovery from Philz, CWM. and TWRP Same thing every single time. Tried Downloading from other links. Tried rooting with Dr. Ketan and CF root. Tried using lower Odin versions.
just a random thought,have you done all the wipes correctly? like internal sd card,dalvik and cache and when in philz there's another option to "wipe to install new rom"?

And philz does ask that phone is not rooted do you want to fix it,click on NO

You said you are 4.3 stock ROM,have you rooted it correctly,using dr ketan's tool?

Last edited:

.iKnowRight.

Mar 26, 2014
just a random thought,have you done all the wipes correctly? like internal sd card,dalvik and cache and when in philz there's another option to "wipe to install new rom"?

And philz does ask that phone is not rooted do you want to fix it,click on NO

You said you are 4.3 stock ROM,have you rooted it correctly,using dr ketan's tool?

1.Yup, All wipes done including the wipe in philz that says wipe to install new rom

2. I tried that too, still got either boot loop or stuck at samsung logo. I also tried the YES option to fix, but still stuck, or boot loop :/

3. What do you mean by that? Yes I think I did since i have alot of apps that needs root and it runs smooth (TitaniumBackup, LuckyPatcher, BusBox, etc.)

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
1.Yup, All wipes done including the wipe in philz that says wipe to install new rom

2. I tried that too, still got either boot loop or stuck at samsung logo. I also tried the YES option to fix, but still stuck, or boot loop :/

3. What do you mean by that? Yes I think I did since i have alot of apps that needs root and it runs smooth (TitaniumBackup, LuckyPatcher, BusBox, etc.)
How about try installing a custom ROM that is AROMA free?I know only the latest jellykat V4 is based on aroma the previous versions are not,i haven't tried other roms you mentioned so i can't relate to them.

.iKnowRight.

Mar 26, 2014
How about try installing a custom ROM that is AROMA free?I know only the latest jellykat V4 is based on aroma the previous versions are not,i haven't tried other roms you mentioned so i can't relate to them.

Will try that too hopefully I can flash some custom rom :/ Im just really frustrated . Trying to flash something and then flashing stock again and root agait. Its been 3 days now since I tried to flash custom roms :/

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Will try that too hopefully I can flash some custom rom :/ Im just really frustrated . Trying to flash something and then flashing stock again and root agait. Its been 3 days now since I tried to flash custom roms :/
Let me know if flashing one of the NON aroma ROMS works out for you,if you are interested in NON touch wiz ROMS then AOSB rom is good as well,runs off 4.4.2 ,i use it from time to time when i get bored of TW so i keep going back and forth between TW and aosb. Good luck

ArmorD

Sep 29, 2011
Helsinki
Err I got the same problem. Only happens on stock roms. Thankfully AOSP roms work but I'd like to use the S-Pen features. Tried like everything, even lost my Titanium Backups accidentally :crying:

ias94

Jan 17, 2014
Nothing Phone 2
Just another thought, why don't you try and flash one of the prerooted stock ROMs which are Knox free. Also they don't have Aroma. Flash using Philz 5.15.0. Hope you succeed. If it boots up succesfully, you can try other ROMs as well. And always do a MD5 checksum before installing just to be double sure what we are installing is not corrupted. Wishing you success!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

.iKnowRight.

Mar 26, 2014
Hey guys! I did what you guys said but NOTHING INSTALLED! :/ I always get a Fail or Error. Tried Flashing 2 different non-aroma roms, 1 was succesful other one had a failure/error while flashing. But still... both had me on Bootloop and Stuck Samsung logo.

I also check md5 before i flash something. About the MD5... I notice something everytime I flash, I get this "checking md5 : md5 not found : skipping md5 checking" something like that? then the error will start from there, then it wont flash the rom. :/

ias94

Jan 17, 2014
Nothing Phone 2
That's strange. I rooted after installing official 4.3 OTA and never had any problem installing a custom ROM. Using Root explorer check in system/app if you have any Knox bits remaining. Maybe it can be the reason why ROMs aren't installing on your phone. Even I have the ML3 bootloader. Also when you're stuck on Samsung Logo after flashing ROM wait for 10 mins or so and then long press the poeer button which will lead you to the Recovery mode. There again wipe cache and dalvik and reboot and select no when prompted something about lost root.

.iKnowRight.

Mar 26, 2014
That's strange. I rooted after installing official 4.3 OTA and never had any problem installing a custom ROM. Using Root explorer check in system/app if you have any Knox bits remaining. Maybe it can be the reason why ROMs aren't installing on your phone. Even I have the ML3 bootloader. Also when you're stuck on Samsung Logo after flashing ROM wait for 10 mins or so and then long press the poeer button which will lead you to the Recovery mode. There again wipe cache and dalvik and reboot and select no when prompted something about lost root.

Lucky you! Just checke system/app no knox left. hmm ok I'll try AGAIN later :/ after flashing and stuck on samsung logo, should i turn of my phone? or just let it stuck and then press power button after 10 mins?

.iKnowRight.

Mar 26, 2014
Btw I get stuck on Samsung with GT n7100 and other one is "samsung" only.. I get stuck on those depending on which rom I flash. some times its the one with GT-n7100 sometimes its just the "samsung"

ias94

Jan 17, 2014
Nothing Phone 2
Lucky you! Just checke system/app no knox left. hmm ok I'll try AGAIN later :/ after flashing and stuck on samsung logo, should i turn of my phone? or just let it stuck and then press power button after 10 mins?

Give the ROM sometime to boot, usually takes around 5-10 mins. If the setup screen doesn't show up then long press the power button which will take you to recovery. Then wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Btw I get stuck on Samsung with GT n7100 and other one is "samsung" only.. I get stuck on those depending on which rom I flash. some times its the one with GT-n7100 sometimes its just the "samsung"

Also I've noticed upon installing different ROMs, after the Samsung GT-7100 logo the LED lights up first and then stays on for a long time, then you get the menu and back keys lighting up, this only happens when the ROM is succesfully flashed. I've just noticed this while trying out different ROMs, may not be true on every phone. So when I notice this I just let the phone boot up and wait for the Setup screen to show up.

.iKnowRight.

Mar 26, 2014
6326826 7512

Give the ROM sometime to boot, usually takes around 5-10 mins. If the setup screen doesn't show up then long press the power button which will take you to recovery. Then wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Also I've noticed upon installing different ROMs, after the Samsung GT-7100 logo the LED lights up first and then stays on for a long time, then you get the menu and back keys lighting up, this only happens when the ROM is succesfully flashed. I've just noticed this while trying out different ROMs, may not be true on every phone. So when I notice this I just let the phone boot up and wait for the Setup screen to show up.

OMG! I FINALLY DID IT! It turns out you were right bro! I wass too impatient about it thinking im stuck, but it was actually loading the entire time! IM SO STUPID HAHAHAHA!

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME :D THANKS! Im so happy right now.:good::laugh::highfive:

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
OMG! I FINALLY DID IT! It turns out you were right bro! I wass too impatient about it thinking im stuck, but it was actually loading the entire time! IM SO STUPID HAHAHAHA!

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME :D THANKS! Im so happy right now.:good::laugh::highfive:
hahaha,glad to know now you know next time to be a bit more patient

ias94

Jan 17, 2014
Nothing Phone 2

Happy for you.. Welcome to the world of Flashoholics:):D:thumbup:

kalyan.p

Mar 19, 2013
Not able to flash any custom rom!!

I tried flashing many ROMS!! It gets stuck at the SAMSUNG logo. I end up waiting for 30-40 min....yet it dosent show up....im running on DN3 v3.2 ..... :(:(:( plz help...

aaron13

Feb 9, 2013
I tried flashing many ROMS!! It gets stuck at the SAMSUNG logo. I end up waiting for 30-40 min....yet it dosent show up....im running on DN3 v3.2 ..... :(:(:( plz help...

Yes I know that problem. Your system files are corrupted.
Search at sammobile for the latest rom of your country and flash it with odin 3.09.
After that you can root it , flash cwm and majeca backup.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-N7100 met Tapatalk

Thashku

Sep 8, 2015
Here is my sad little story!

I started out when i tried DN4 for my Note 2. it worked like a charm. This is way back in 2015 or something. And after a while i saw new ROMS popping up and decided to try them. Followed all the instructions like wipes resets, post installation wipes for cache and so on...then KABOOM goes my Baseband and IMEI. After a lot of man hour on reading and digging posts i found that the patched MJ9 could fix my "emergency calls only" problem. But didn't work on any other ROMS except for stock firmware and DN4. ever since I have been trying to get any other ROM work on my note 2 and i Cant seem to fix it. Always the Baseband vanishes and IMEI goes null. Any thoughts on the same guys?
Do you think there is hope for my little guy? :confused:

diegz

Mar 8, 2011
Milano
I started out when i tried DN4 for my Note 2. it worked like a charm. This is way back in 2015 or something. And after a while i saw new ROMS popping up and decided to try them. Followed all the instructions like wipes resets, post installation wipes for cache and so on...then KABOOM goes my Baseband and IMEI. After a lot of man hour on reading and digging posts i found that the patched MJ9 could fix my "emergency calls only" problem. But didn't work on any other ROMS except for stock firmware and DN4. ever since I have been trying to get any other ROM work on my note 2 and i Cant seem to fix it. Always the Baseband vanishes and IMEI goes null. Any thoughts on the same guys?
Do you think there is hope for my little guy? :confused:

I have almost the same problem! Can't flash any AOSP or nonStock cause I get the generic IMEI :/
Any suggestion?