[Q] Kitkat upgrade regret

Search This thread

bramggg

Apr 25, 2014
I am starting to regret my decision to upgrade to KitKat 4.4.2
My Z1 C6906 was almost flawless but now there are major issues:

BATTERY DRAIN- The phone is running down at a much faster rate then before the upgrade.
CAMERA FREEZE- The camera takes longer to startup and often locks up right after initializing. This is random but very annoying.

There are also various minor issues but I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix the two major ones first.

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
No fix for that...
We all know Sony is using different parts in their phones (lcd, memory chip's and obviously many more parts) and "half" of devices are working great on 757 (like mine) and "half" of them are working...well not so great on same firmware...

Sony is preparing new update but I really doubt they could fix something like that...

I mean...if you have lousy screen or digitizer that's something software can't fix - it could make ut a bit better but it'll never fix it to work without problems...

I'm reading all that threads where guys like you posting all their problems and I could be very happy with my luck...

I have had three Xperia devices and all were extremely good...

I would never buy anything except Sony...

I'm buying phones only from t-mobile (if I want locked bootloader) or in Tele2 if I need unlocked.
Never online (clove, ebay...) and never used...

Today's battery life

a2ana6an.jpg

e5a3eqe7.jpg

It'll end with 30 hours and 6-7h screen time.

Camera, from locked screen, is up in a sec, so no problems there...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Impossible! :eek: 6 hours on screen? no!

How you do that or what you did? Are you on iHackers?

Nope, I'm on NUT ROM 757, deodexed and rooted.
I keep brightness up to 70% ( between 60-70% when I'm out) when I'm out (I have to, can't see the screen otherwise) and on 20-30% at night and I'm always getting between 25-30 hours of battery life plus 5.5-7h of screen time...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Destroyedbeauty

Apr 16, 2012
Sundsvall
Learn how to de-bloat and tweak your ROM and minimize wasted hardware & battery resources..

Sent from my LT25i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app