Installing Honeycomb update for Evo View now!

Search This thread

DigitalMD

Mar 16, 2010
Washington DC
damn, i was so excited about the update, now i got all scared.
what are we supposed to do, wait with the update, til someone rootes it and cosums it?

any chance of porting ics from like the HTC Sensation? (or is it still a big differens in hardware)

If you think of waiting for ICS , then you will be waiting IMHO 3 to 5 months for a fully functional ROM. The garbage out there now is just preview stuff with issues like touch screen malfunctions, video won't play, sound doesn't work.

bsoplinger

Jan 17, 2011
I received my View last night and did all the OTA updates not even realizing it would end up at Honeycomb. So right now I'm comparing it with my Wifi Flyer that's still on GB. Interestingly I also own the Dell Streak 7" tablet which also got an OTA update to HC. It still has use of the capacitive buttons. So it can't be that HC can't use hard buttons as my Streak proves that wrong. Having said that I will agree with those that said you won't miss then. I hardly use them on my Streak although they are occasionally handy.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

Hetrochromia

Feb 6, 2011
I updated an few hours ago and I'm not liking the way some apps have changed. The big one for me is kindel, it has changed for the worst and the browser seems sluggish while scrolling. Made a post in general with my problems maybe some one will have some answers.

sbrownla

Jun 1, 2007
Northern Arizona
[bump]

I'm bumping this because I didn't even realize that HC was out for the View ... and it's been a week.

If anyone else hasn't noticed, it's not available. Updating took me about 10 minutes. Now for a hard reset and kaboom.

I was about to discontinue my service out of frustration too.

makiedog

Aug 13, 2007
Just updated to HC and discovered that the HTC Sense skin only has 5 screens as opposed to 7, which is featured on other flavors of Sense. Is there a trick to adding more screens? Thanks.

Last edited:

wolfpack612

Nov 18, 2006
Hollywood
Just updated to HC and discovered that the HTC Sense skin only has 5 screens as opposed to 7, which is featured on other flavors of Sense. Is there a trick to adding more screens? Thanks.

don't think so, but I guess their reasoning behind changing is because you can fit more on one screen.

Sent from my PG41200 using xda premium

freak4dell

Aug 10, 2008
I did a full wipe (RUUed back to stock Gingerbread, then used the S-OFF method to upgrade to HC). Maybe I should try and go back to Gingerbread, go back to S-ON, then go to HC again, but I don't know that I can get back to S-OFF if I do that.

It's not horribly sluggish...just more than Gingerbread.

freak4dell

Aug 10, 2008
Honestly, I didn't, which is why I didn't even look into it. That would be the only thing left to return back to stock with my tablet that I haven't already done, though, so I didn't know if there was like a super slim chance that would affect something. Now that you've confirmed it won't, though, I'm not going to bother even looking into it.

globatron

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 15, 2009
All over the place
Honestly, I didn't, which is why I didn't even look into it. That would be the only thing left to return back to stock with my tablet that I haven't already done, though, so I didn't know if there was like a super slim chance that would affect something. Now that you've confirmed it won't, though, I'm not going to bother even looking into it.

No, it won't you're right. The S-OFF operates way down at the hboot level, it has no effect at all when you are booted.

If you want to downgrade, set up team viewer and send me session details. I'll do it remotely for you. I don't expect to have a procedure ready for S-OFF downgrade to GB for a day or two, but I can do it manually for you right now.

freak4dell

Aug 10, 2008
Nah, don't worry about it. I'm going to stay on HC for the time being. I don't have enough of an issue with it to waste your time or spend my time downgrading at the moment. I'm still messing around with it, actually, because I updated pretty late last night and didn't get a chance to explore as much as I'd like.

Top Liked Posts