zerolemon 3000mah

Search This thread

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
I recently purchased this for my galaxy s4. I got right at 9 hrs before it went to 0% and completely turned off. 3 hrs was non stop screen time. I did not use any battery management apps and left wifi on non stop but turned off blue tooth.

It seems like this battery only gave me about 1 he extra over stock. This is a stock replacement. I've seen a lot of Zerolemon worship videos on YouTube but no "real reviews".

Has anyone else any experience with this battery ? Doesn't seem that great.

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Ok I must be the only one who owns this battery. That's OK I've always considered myself a pioneer. At any rate I checked again and same thing. No NFC, takes forever to charge, no significant change in battery time. The battery itself is larger than the stock albeit only by a millimeter or so.

Waste of money.

con100

Aug 19, 2013
Ok I must be the only one who owns this battery. That's OK I've always considered myself a pioneer. At any rate I checked again and same thing. No NFC, takes forever to charge, no significant change in battery time. The battery itself is larger than the stock albeit only by a millimeter or so.

Waste of money.

If you looked there is like a big thread about this battery a few posts down. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2356581

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

thesoldier

Nov 18, 2012
Baltimore
I wouldn't say it's a waste of money... Mine have been treating me well. Really the batteries are only about 2800 mAh or so, not an actual 3000, but I'd still prefer the extra hour or so even if it takes away NFC (that I never use).

Here's the best I've gotten with this battery all on LTE.

a2ygupu4.jpg

2u3a8aja.jpg

mu7e9yja.jpg

Reactions: Daisflaque

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
I returned the 3000mah battery today.

The 3000mah is 600mah over stock. So in theory you should get +20% more battery time. My Samsung was about 8 hrs which is I believe what samsung claims anyway. So in theory I should get an additional 96 minutes of time. Using touchwiz I got the most 56 minutes.

For me an additional 56 min does not warrant $20. I'd rather take the 20 and buy the bigger 7500mah or keep it slim stock and buy an external that I plug up. Some. A disagree with me but 56 minutes is negligible. 96 minutes would be better as my phone rips through power.

I definitely did not get the same time as you did but I'm using TW and not ASOP. Then again I used it in the manner I normally would and disabled juice defender. Juice defender is pretty good and works well on aggressive setting and helps extended battery life.....

I just personally did not find value in the battery.

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Just ran my Samsung battery again and recharged it. It lasted about 8 hrs 20 min this past time. It charged faster than the Zerolemon as well. I may try Ankor or another extended battery. The actual door batteries seem to be better value. My friend got the mophie juice pack for $99. No NFC, no USB OTG, bulky, 2300mah. That's a pretty bad deal the case is huge and that's way too expensive for such little battery..I use USB OTG alot

sprintnerd

Feb 11, 2009
Monroe,Mi
I have the Zerolemon slim line I don't remember mah but I have had good luck with it. I have gone two days on it, making phone calls and social media . Go figure I guess it the luck of the draw.

dpotter38

Sep 6, 2012
Better Suggestion

I'm looking for a better battery, but it has to have a thin enough back case that the touchstone hack would work. Suggestions?

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Good point, I did re-read this thread. I know a friend who also got this battery a little after I did and kept it. I told him about my extra time, and he approximately did get 1hr extra over stock as well. He's had it now for a month, and he says the time now is equivalent to stock (i.e. the extra hour does not seem to take hold anymore).

At any rate, with a spotty experience it is hard to justify over just buying a stock Samsung battery if you need the extra capacity. I don't mind losing the NFC over extra battery time, but the results are negligible at best.

Hermosa

Jan 14, 2014
Just ran my Samsung battery again and recharged it. It lasted about 8 hrs 20 min this past time. It charged faster than the Zerolemon as well. I may try Ankor or another extended battery. The actual door batteries seem to be better value. My friend got the mophie juice pack for $99. No NFC, no USB OTG, bulky, 2300mah. That's a pretty bad deal the case is huge and that's way too expensive for such little battery..I use USB OTG alot
How about a Onite one?It is popular on Amazon.

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
How about a Onite one?It is popular on Amazon.

I never tried it. What I ultimately did was get a portable battery pack and another Samsung battery. The portable battery pack can charge the phone on the fly with the USB cord and also charge any other phones or devices. The spare Samsung battery is for a battery swap if I need the phone ASAP.

The first Samsung battery I got was a fake, so I just went to Fry's Electronics and bought retail an authentic Samsung battery. I knew the Samsung battery was a fake because around 13% it would be become unstable and just turn off. It never went systematically to 0. It just was a toss up when the phone died under 13%. Eventually the battery would just completely die in 2 hrs.

This what I'll do in the future is just buy a spare stock battery. I already have a universal portable battery pack.

I looked at all options. The ZeroLemon extended batteries are bulky (the big ones) and heavy. For anyone who holds and uses their phone a lot, the phone becomes very big to just take in and out of the pocket frequently. Plus it looks horrible in my opinion. If you feel that is a great option for you, more power to you. I take a lot of pictures with my phone, and that battery pack isn't happening.

I also looked at battery pack cases which were not my thing. You buy a Mophie case that makes the phone so huge and only charges your phone to 80% ? For a whopping $100. What a deal.

I bought a spare authentic Samsung battery from Fry's for like $30 or so. My phone is slim, I can take pictures easily, and when I socialize with women and get their numbers, they aren't laughing at my ridiculous phone lol.

Last edited:

Arsenic1234

Jan 21, 2009
I like my zero lemon batteries actually. I got what I paid for. Marginal batteries which help me get through the day. I didn't expect some magical change. They are 10 bucks how much did you think they would help? I like the red charger and I swap between the two batteries I got. Beats carrying around a charger I just pop the other battery in and I'm good for the day.

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
That's fair. They just were not my thing. I'm content with another genuine Samsung battery. One of my friends got one and still has it. He said that the additional time is not there anymore, and they have the same life as the Samsung batterys. Not sure if it is his battery or how they really are, but I'm content not having it. Plus the battery creates a very minor bulge at the back. I had a very tight fitting case on when I tried the battery and it created a minor gap.

If you like them more power to you, but I don't care for their products.

Daisflaque

Sep 18, 2012
Seattle
www.pc2yew.zohosites.com
I have a 3000mah battery.. idk what brand.. it was a gift. So to get the most outta my L720t I bought a $9.99 wall mounting battery charger. And at night I'll charge both my Samsung battery and the extended life one. I use my Samsung till it's dead.. then I'll pop in the slightly bigger one. This way I always know I'll have enough juice.. :)

Thanks for all your input guys.. I was wondering weather or not to get another 3000mah battery.. I'll stick with what's working... lol

Last edited:

GrapeBandit

Feb 16, 2012
U.S.A. Inc.
I get over 4hrs of on-screen time on my stock battery in my gs4 that I bought the first week in may 2013. I was considering the zerolemon 3000mah but idk now. worst case scenario is that I can always return it if I see no improvement over stock

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Just depends on what your need is. Are your guy's cases super tight fitting ? There will be a slight bulge at the back, full disclosure, so if it is extremely tight fitting that might be an issue. Do you have an aluminum backplate battery cover ? Again, you might run into problem it's not a 100% OEM fit, more like 97%.

I just don't think it is worth the hassle since the stock battery works fine and fits fine plus has Samsung quality control, but that's just me. The questionable benefit, unknown quality of the battery, and bulge at the back isn't my thing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wouldn't say it's a waste of money... Mine have been treating me well. Really the batteries are only about 2800 mAh or so, not an actual 3000, but I'd still prefer the extra hour or so even if it takes away NFC (that I never use).

Here's the best I've gotten with this battery all on LTE.

a2ygupu4.jpg

2u3a8aja.jpg

mu7e9yja.jpg