Sony Xperia Arc vs Samsung Galaxy S2

Search This thread

raudidroid

Apr 29, 2009
i have an arc and my co-worker has a S2.

i have to tell you that the s2 is equal or superior in almost any point.
in my opinion there are only two advantages for the arc
1. the camera app is better (the camera itself is comparable)
2. THE PRICE!
(i got my arc for 370 CHF, the S2 was at least 570 CHF)

I still think the arc is a excellent phone but there are some things that make me angry, like having to confirm that google will collect my data each time i enable GPS...
and i still miss the keyboard (of my G1)

if money would be no problem i would go for the s2.

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
What sucks at videos???!

Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App

yt92

Jun 3, 2011
i think arc is worse than gs2 in performance,but arc is more beautiful, that's enough

jtc42

Jan 2, 2007
Bath
Claiming the Arc is better based on looks is stupid.

Which phone is better depends how you define better. Better for me means more refined, original, and fun to use. Arc takes it there for me. It wont be better than the s2 for someone who defines better as newer tech and higher specs. Likewise, even by my criteria, someone may find different things nicer to use.

Neither phone is intrinsically better than the other. I cant be the only person to realize this surely?

Sent from my LT15i using XDA App

piercewei

May 24, 2010
Claiming the Arc is better based on looks is stupid.

Which phone is better depends how you define better. Better for me means more refined, original, and fun to use. Arc takes it there for me. It wont be better than the s2 for someone who defines better as newer tech and higher specs. Likewise, even by my criteria, someone may find different things nicer to use.

Neither phone is intrinsically better than the other. I cant be the only person to realize this surely?

Sent from my LT15i using XDA App

No. Mee too. Better ot not depends on the individual user's requirements. Sadly today, too many persons care the spec. too much. I donot understand but it is just ture.

xtorm80

Apr 24, 2009
video sucks on arc? it was way better then lg2x which is 1080 under low light, and with no autofocus the video on lg is useless....

not sure if s2 got auto focus in video or not

not with overclock kernel, im a happy man :D

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
@ jtc42:
Right, it's a personal choice.
And yeah, people care too much about specs.
Arc's specs are more than enough for normal use and if you aren't a gamer that won't change soon imo.

Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App

miniflight

Nov 15, 2010
I would have to say that xperia arc is really fast...I turned on wifi downloading a movie, music and either playing a game or watching a movie...no lag at all.

I got S2 in the end tho...because some of the arc devices have a battery problem (my cousin got one that has it and need to send to repair center) which I don't want to deal with.

Arc design is better than S2, S2 is like a bigger iphone lol. Also one last thing is generally I hate samsung's keyboard because they don't put , (comma) in the main keyboard.

S2 has better specs that is for sure. But if you are not a really heavy smartphone user, arc is good enough.

doministry

Sep 25, 2008
Bytom, Poland
doministry.blogspot.com
I would have to say that xperia arc is really fast...I turned on wifi downloading a movie, music and either playing a game or watching a movie...no lag at all.

I got S2 in the end tho...because some of the arc devices have a battery problem (my cousin got one that has it and need to send to repair center) which I don't want to deal with.

Arc design is better than S2, S2 is like a bigger iphone lol. Also one last thing is generally I hate samsung's keyboard because they don't put , (comma) in the main keyboard.

S2 has better specs that is for sure. But if you are not a really heavy smartphone user, arc is good enough.
Arc after update has no single battery problem.

I still haven't seen any area where SGS II would be really, seriously better and making Arc a poor or worse performing device. Differences are marginal.

miniflight

Nov 15, 2010
Arc after update has no single battery problem.

I still haven't seen any area where SGS II would be really, seriously better and making Arc a poor or worse performing device. Differences are marginal.

Not for my cousin. I did update, repair, flashing, and other methods on xda but problem is still there.

Now the phone is in repair centre, I gave up on it lol

e.g. it goes to 40% then drop to 1% the shut down. I fixed it to 20% but still not too good.

I would have got arc if there wasn't this battery problem on some phones that are manufactured...I didn't want to risk it and get the headache. This is because the arc is good enough for me to use, I don't need a dual core phone.

So far I am cool with my S2 as well, the screen is really superior compared to arc. But it would appear that there isn't a prefect phone lol, S2 have it unique battery draining problem as well...mainly due to a bug in 2.3.3 (andriod system % is high in battery usage) as well as the dual core itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: doministry

xtorm80

Apr 24, 2009
im lucky to have a good battery, phone is now perfect with overclock kernel and my batt last longer under conservative setting.

love my arc now

kkkok8051

I just trade in my SE Arc and choose Samsung galaxy s2 by last week. when i compare it I'll love boths.... but no regret i trade in Arc. let share from here........(Below comment is all under my opinion not to compare which device is better.)

Design= Arc slim and sexxxxxy.S2 lightly and hot. (like my wife)
Performence= Arc smooth. S2 fast (like my Farrari)
Screen display=S2 Amoled Arc=Exmor both done great (Like my LED TV)
Camera= Arc low light great, S2 landscape shoot better. (like my pet Eyes)
Front camera= Arc shy and close her eye,S2 come to me Baby (like my girlfriends)
Video Play= Arc nd to convert, S2 just change the file name ( like me wash the toilet)

just share until here, if need more understand my wife and my girl friend pls wait TO BE CONTINUNE.

Reactions: Mano1982

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I used SGS2 for about a month, and yes its a great phone..but now i switched to xperia arc, which i found better than the SGS2 in 6 out of 10 ways...

1. SGS2 is fast but it lags for about 3 sec when opening after sleep, and when using apps and going back to home it lags 2-3sec. Arc 1 sec only..

2. Arc camera is better and faster..

3. Sound is better on arc than on SGS2..

4. Colors are natural on ARC than on SGS2 (cartoons)

5. I find arc display to be better and really natural, it amaze me, sgs2 is good, but what i like about arc is when your outside and on the sun the screen is still stunning and readable 101% and makes the color appear vivid, arc best them all on this department..

6. Lastly the design of arc is the greatest phone ever engineered i think..:D:D
    I tried both, I kept the Arc.

S2 Video camera sucks. 1080p means nothing when the quality is that poor.

S2 is FULL of crappy modifications and bloatware. The hubs are terrible, at least the Arc modifications are relatively minor compared.

S2 does have more memory, I'll give it that.

S2 is marginally faster with some things. I don't know what I'm doing but I very VERY rarely get any lag on my Arc. The S2, surprisingly, lagged just as much from time to time.

S2 for media it plays everything I need, as does the Arc.

S2 screen has higher contrast, but Arc has much more natural colours, and in terms of brightness there's not a lot in it, and nobody actually needs either at full brightness anyway.

S2 has more supported titles for Gameloft Games, but that doesn't bother me personally.

S2 for homescreen and lockscreen has many modifications I personally think are awful.

Don't get me wrong, the S2 is a magnificent piece of electronic engineering, but that's all it is, electronic engineering. Samsung have put a lot of new technology in one device. This causes a lot of issues in itself like abysmal battery life and due to it's thinness, pretty poor build. I also hate the capacitive buttons.

SO on paper, yes, of course the S2 is a better phone.... but I just don't love it the same way I love the Arc. It's older technology, refined to practical perfection.

Way I see it, people should try both. If you prefer the S2, get that, if, like me, you prefer the Arc, get the Arc. Both are great phones. But saying one is intrinsically the one people MUST get is stupid.
    If you want to go with arc you better take a look at this thread beforehand!
    I got one, now dead, going for a Galaxy S2.
    Arc so sluggish, battery half a day, hang and auto reset once a day! It's your choice now.
    Your experience is NOT typical.. and if you get the phone from a reputable source the you can take it back if there's problems... it really annoys me when a very small minority with issues, make out like it's a typical situation.. and it simply isn't.
    i love the way how the SEfanboyz have twisted the dualcore thing as a bad thing.

"it uses so much battery" - rubbish

"the arc's performance is just as good" - rubbish

"single core gets the job done so what's the point" windows 95 got the job done, should we never evolve in ANYTHING we do?
    I used SGS2 for about a month, and yes its a great phone..but now i switched to xperia arc, which i found better than the SGS2 in 6 out of 10 ways...

1. SGS2 is fast but it lags for about 3 sec when opening after sleep, and when using apps and going back to home it lags 2-3sec. Arc 1 sec only..

2. Arc camera is better and faster..

3. Sound is better on arc than on SGS2..

4. Colors are natural on ARC than on SGS2 (cartoons)

5. I find arc display to be better and really natural, it amaze me, sgs2 is good, but what i like about arc is when your outside and on the sun the screen is still stunning and readable 101% and makes the color appear vivid, arc best them all on this department..

6. Lastly the design of arc is the greatest phone ever engineered i think..:D:D

Thanks this sums things up.
    Plus Arc has a great battery life now.