Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

RandomKing

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 4, 2011
Random Land
randomkings.wordpress.com
Try hitting *#0*# and hitting blue. Take a look at the top where the status bar would be. That am/pm burns right into the screen. Just something to consider...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Tried it, but I don't see it. No mark there for me. LCD screens don't burn like old monitors do. It's possible, but difficult to manage. Your screen would have to be consistently on for many hours at a time, regularly, without break, ever. And even then, that's assuming you don't open any full screen app in between.

Here's some more info.

DaKillaWilla

Apr 12, 2009
Maybe its just my phone then...

Thanks for a great rom randomking, for this one and the tab's.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

siirus09

Mar 10, 2011
Messaging has it's own vibrate setting in the app. Hit the menu key and settings while in messaging. Check your vibrate setting there.

Sent from my PantechP4100 using xda premium

Did not know that, I feel dumb now! :rolleyes: Thanks. Too bad though, if I turn it off then it never vibrates even on phone vibrate. If I leave it on it vibrates every time even with a ringtone setting.

RandomKing

Mar 4, 2011
Random Land
Did not know that, I feel dumb now! :rolleyes: Thanks. Too bad though, if I turn it off then it never vibrates even on phone vibrate. If I leave it on it vibrates every time even with a ringtone setting.

You may have imported settings from a previous install? You can try clearing your settings.apk and redoing them.

P.s. My current files may be moved, but new ones certainly will be uploaded to dev-host or goo, as Minus has become unbearably slow. Can't win with this... :confused:

ALSO!
I will be enabling the AOSP lock. Directions will accompany new .zip files, but inside of the same options.cfg file, you will simply have to create/change the line:

"aosp.lock=no"
to
"aosp.lock=yes"

Flash your chosen theme (blue, green, blue-sprint) and BAM. Simple. Low tech. Just one more configuration.

attachment.php

Attachments

• CAP2012050212491.jpg
    CAP2012050212491.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 2,447
Last edited:
Reactions: jdelano

VassagoX

Jan 29, 2009
On my first replacement phone, I was upset to notice burn in. There was obvious burn in where a browser was probably used constantly. There was a browser window and the address bar, constantly on the screen. You couldn't see it all the time, but it was definitely there. Also, the AM/PM was definitely there. So yes, it is possible.

I'm on my second replacement. This one doesn't seem to have any burn in that I've noticed so far.

As for the rom, the only major hiccup I see is the disconnection issue going from WIFI to 4G or 4G to WIFI requiring a reboot to connect. Other than that, a solid, battery sipping rom. :D

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
On my first replacement phone, I was upset to notice burn in. There was obvious burn in where a browser was probably used constantly. There was a browser window and the address bar, constantly on the screen. You couldn't see it all the time, but it was definitely there. Also, the AM/PM was definitely there. So yes, it is possible.

I'm on my second replacement. This one doesn't seem to have any burn in that I've noticed so far.

As for the rom, the only major hiccup I see is the disconnection issue going from WIFI to 4G or 4G to WIFI requiring a reboot to connect. Other than that, a solid, battery sipping rom. :D

Are you using or does this ROM utilize Marcusant's speed tweaks? That 4G is a known issue. Deleting all tweaks in init.d folder and rebooting should fix that.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

RandomKing

Mar 4, 2011
Random Land
Are you using or does this ROM utilize Marcusant's speed tweaks? That 4G is a known issue. Deleting all tweaks in init.d folder and rebooting should fix that.

Nope. Its a different bug. Contamination from my EI22. I just fixed it at last using fresh coding. I'll be posting an update to the themes, and they will also patch the issue. Its a wifi/4g/bluetooth issue. I can't test the 4g personally, but my bluetooth immediately started working again. It was an issue in the framework.jar, which just happens to be part of the theme anyway. :)

Should have at least the green up tonight.

-Sent from my Random Epic.

RandomKing

Mar 4, 2011
Random Land
Bluetooth/4G(Hopefully) Fix

HELLO ALL!

4e5466b7dc69f1314154167_blog.jpg

I have uploaded the latest themes for this rom HERE. These should also be flash-able over any EL30 rom you may still be using on BML OR MTD.

More importantly, they contain the fix I have built for the Bluetooth and I'm assuming 4G. Once again, I can't confirm or deny that second one, as I have no 4G to test with. But the corrupt coding seemingly affecting Bluetooth, Wifi, and 4G connections WAS in a Wimax file, so I believe it's a safe assumption.

I have now tweaked the overall theming in slight ways, as well as the lock screen change I've already displayed. More importantly, options.cfg now can contain a line for:

"aosp.lock=yes"

This will enable, yes, an AOSP lock. As with the power menu options and the pulldown toggles, you can adjust any of these features at any time, and they will change instantly after flashing one of my themes.

While not as nice as, say, an app interface... You can quickly edit the options.cfg file with the ES File Explorer I include. Then "Flash an update" through the CWM manager I include. The phone will reboot, install, and re-load all on it's own. Takes no time at all! Enjoy! :D

attachment.php
attachment.php

Just an FYI: If you notice some screenshots on my site are gone... it's because they were linked to my romgeeks site. PPCGeeks has apparently shutdown romgeeks without notice. Good thing I already mostly abandoned it, eh? :rolleyes:

If you're an active Epic 4G user, show it with a vote in this thread! I'm taking a tally.

Last edited:

VassagoX

Jan 29, 2009
Good news! I'll give it a go and do some testing on the 4g issue. :)

I have run into one more problem which I'm sure is more user error. My voicemails are playing through the speaker! There doesn't seem to be any way to stop it. Is it a bug or a feature I can turn off easily? :confused:

EDIT: The settings say Speakerphone is automatically off, yet it still plays through there.

EDIT AGAIN: Actually, turning that on and then off again seems to have corrected the issue. Weird. I'll let you know if I experience it again.

Last edited:

RandomKing

Mar 4, 2011
Random Land
Good news! I'll give it a go and do some testing on the 4g issue. :)

I have run into one more problem which I'm sure is more user error. My voicemails are playing through the speaker! There doesn't seem to be any way to stop it. Is it a bug or a feature I can turn off easily? :confused:

EDIT: The settings say Speakerphone is automatically off, yet it still plays through there.

EDIT AGAIN: Actually, turning that on and then off again seems to have corrected the issue. Weird. I'll let you know if I experience it again.

Let me know if there's an improvement. It definitely brought my bluetooth back. For the last few days, if I activated it, it would sit in limbo for a minute and then give up without turning on. Now it works in... 5-12 seconds? Seems good to me.

I've made efforts to better organize my theming so I can finally make a red version I so want...

v4g480nd

Mar 2, 2010
Theme/Fix Test

More importantly, they contain the fix I have built for the Bluetooth and I'm assuming 4G. Once again, I can't confirm or deny that second one, as I have no 4G to test with. But the corrupt coding seemingly affecting Bluetooth, Wifi, and 4G connections WAS in a Wimax file, so I believe it's a safe assumption.

Baller-status. Thanks for the fix! I can confirm that wifi and bluetooth are fixed here. Can't test 4g because i'm in an underground lab today but it appears to try to connect correctly :-/

Reactions: RandomKing

VassagoX

Jan 29, 2009
Baller-status. Thanks for the fix! I can confirm that wifi and bluetooth are fixed here. Can't test 4g because i'm in an underground lab today but it appears to try to connect correctly :-/

The issue I always had was it would show connected, but not actually be connected, switching from WIFI to 4g or 4g to WIFI. I'll test it when I have access to a WIFI connection. Right now, 4g is working fine for me.

VassagoX

Jan 29, 2009
The issue I always had was it would show connected, but not actually be connected, switching from WIFI to 4g or 4g to WIFI. I'll test it when I have access to a WIFI connection. Right now, 4g is working fine for me.

Ok, I tested it out. Unfortunately, the issue is still present. It's not the phone. I just got this phone last week as a replacement from Sprint. It's brand new. The issue was on both of the phones.

It appears to turn on and connect when switching. There just isn't a connection. You can't surf the net or use internet apps until you reboot unless you go back to what connection you were using or use 3G.

Example, at work I stay on 4g. It works all day. I go home and connect to my WIFI, no connection, even though it shows I'm connected. If I turn off WIFI and go back to 4g or use 3g, it connects and works fine. When I reboot with WIFI on, it works on boot. If I turn it off and try to go to 4g, no connection again. Now, only WIFI and 3g work until my next reboot.

This has been true when connecting to other WIFI networks as well, so it's not specific to my network.

Is no one else experiencing this exact issue?

On a side note, the Bluetooth issue appears to be resolved. :D

Reactions: Trident

RandomKing

Mar 4, 2011
Random Land
Ok, I tested it out. Unfortunately, the issue is still present. It's not the phone. I just got this phone last week as a replacement from Sprint. It's brand new. The issue was on both of the phones.

That's so bizarre. The bluetooth has been the issue for me personally. I'm rebuilding the rom in my spare time (over lunches). I've matched nearly all stock files against CleanROM. Very few files were different, and aside from the ones I fixed to solve the bluetooth, none SHOULD cause a problem.

Just the same, I've cleaned up the installer-script. Again. I was going to make the rom autoconvert BML to MTD, but I've thought better of it. Size mostly. Instead, I will try to create a converter that will attempt to preserve your setup. Meanwhile, the RandomROM installer will simply bail out if you haven't converted.

All of this will be carried into FC19 to hopefully avoid these issues in the future.

Hopefully somewhere in the cleanup I will magically fix 4G.

Last edited:

VassagoX

Jan 29, 2009
That's so bizarre. The bluetooth has been the issue for me personally. I'm rebuilding the rom in my spare time (over lunches). I've matched nearly all stock files against CleanROM. Very few files were different, and aside from the ones I fixed to solve the bluetooth, none SHOULD cause a problem.

Just the same, I've cleaned up the installer-script. Again. I was going to make the rom autoconvert BML to MTD, but I've thought better of it. Size mostly. Instead, I will try to create a converter that will attempt to preserve your setup. Meanwhile, the RandomROM installer will simply bail out if you haven't converted.

All of this will be carried into FC19 to hopefully avoid these issues in the future.

Hopefully somewhere in the cleanup I will magically fix 4G.

Sounds good. This is the only rom I've seen this issue on. I've specifically tested it with other roms to see if it was the phone.

Keep up the good work!

Trident

Sep 1, 2005
Disney World

It appears to turn on and connect when switching. There just isn't a connection. You can't surf the net or use internet apps until you reboot unless you go back to what connection you were using or use 3G.

Example, at work I stay on 4g. It works all day. I go home and connect to my WIFI, no connection, even though it shows I'm connected. If I turn off WIFI and go back to 4g or use 3g, it connects and works fine. When I reboot with WIFI on, it works on boot. If I turn it off and try to go to 4g, no connection again. Now, only WIFI and 3g work until my next reboot.

This has been true when connecting to other WIFI networks as well, so it's not specific to my network.

Exact same thing was happening with me. When I wasn't using the phone much, it was tolerable. When I'm switching around a lot- not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GINGERBREAD ROM

2.3.6 EL30 "ThunderHawk" IV Final Official [Journaled]

Updates, Important Notices, and General Information Posted Here!

I maintain RandomROM as a distribution across multiple forums.
    All pertinent information is maintained on my personal site.
    As always, I will still answer questions here.
    Donations appreciated. Never required.
    No subscription necessary.

Disclaimer:
    I am not responsible for problems you may incur.
    Please do some research if you are a first timer.
    Only you can choose to use this software.
    By downloading you agree to these terms.

STANDARD FEATURES INCLUDED:

CIQ Removed | Modified Sprint Hotspot | Silent/Vibrate Volume | Extended Power Menu Options
    Voodoo Sound & Color | GPS Fix | Low Battery Camera&Video Player
    1x Signal Mod | Battery Full Pop-Up Mod
    Multi-Function Installation​

REQUIREMENTS FOR INSTALLATION:

A Rooted Epic 4G
    MTD FORMATTED​

SCREENSHOTS (Inaccurate)

DOWNLOADS: Vote!

Go Here To Earn Me More Space Online!

ThunderHawk EL30 [MTD]

If you like my work, click the Thanks button or Donate a beer!

THEMES

POTENTIAL ISSUES:

A glitch I've seen in testing:
    After flashing this rom, phone get's stuck in a bootloop when flashing themes/kernels.
    Solution:
    Pull battery. Boot into CWM Recovery. Reflash theme/kernel. Reboot your phone.

CHANGELOG:

OFFICIAL TESTERS:
    Development and primary testing performed myself
    For everything else, there's:
    jeffro18, jdelano, Trident, spyder09

CREDITS:
    First and foremost, a huge thanks to the guys at Samfirmware for making this possible!
    This rom incorporates the work of many AndroidCentral and XDA users.
    Huge thanks to the development community.
    This is Open Source!​

Want to make or edit your own personal rom?
    Take a look at my personal kitchen!​
    Gracias, Senor Random! Let us know if you need El Testeros...

(I realized after I wrote the above that it read kind of gross. I meant "testers")

WARNING: May not reach ETA of tonight. The rom is functional, but I apparently messed up the battery images. :D

Cosmetic, really, but I'll fix it depending on how much time I have tonight.

UPDATE: It's fixed, I believe it's ready to go. But I have to finish assembling it. Coming Soon!
    I finally found some time to run down some install scenarios for thawk v. Check your pm's random, lots of info there...

Acknowledged.

Just as an announcement, I have been delving into ICS when I have some time over lunch. ThunderHawk V is just about where I want it, but I'll be updating the install page info prior to posting it. Just to make sure all goes well. I may even do a video.

As for ICS, I've been tearing through CM9's latest. I'm tweaking, and theming, and modifying where I feel necessary. Rebuilding it to the best of my ability to bring it in line with my own personal standards. That said, it's both primarily CM9 source and beta material. Neither of which I will endorse or be accused of "kanging."

As such, I will be creating a page for it on my own site at some later point for those interested. If I can bring it to a point that I'm happy with, I will package up the changes and post a flash-able zip here, but until then I will not endorse it on XDA.

Furthermore, it will not interact with ThunderHawk in any useful way, this is a stand-alone ICS rom. I'm relatively certain that there is no clean way to switch between Android versions.

Again, to sum up. RandomKing is working on an ICS rom. It will not be posted here. Stay tuned to his website for details.
    How Do I Use This ROM?
    Regularly updated installation information available on the download page.
    Install Options:

1. Incremental Update over the latest version.
    2. Install over another custom rom version.
    3. Clean install.

Please Note: If you attempt a clean install over ThunderHawk III Final, you will have to wipe your phone and install a second time in order to override the incremental updater.​

Where have you been and why not FC09?
    I've been going through a very busy part of my life and am the father of a now one month old baby boy. As for the outdated update, it's been sitting on my computer at about 98% complete since my last release, but that last 2 percent has been holding me up. I finally had some free time to take a look and finish the update.

On that note, I will be digging in to FC09, if Samsung doesn't drop something else first. I've also been toying with CM9, but am still heavily disappointed in battery life... It's still a phone and it needs to have power for phone calls when those times come.
    LIVE!

happy friday the 13th!!