[Q] LG services causing battery drain

Search This thread

573W1E

Apr 15, 2012
Leicester
twitter.com
Over the past few weeks I've noticed that the battery life on my G3 is steadily getting worse and definitely not befitting of a device with a 3000mAh battery. While I'm not too bothered about the battery drain relating to the screen (I mean it is packing a lot of pixels), I am concerned on how without fail that the second most power hungry process on my G3 is always some LG service or application. Whereas the standby battery drain on my G3 was actually really good (you could easily get 3 or 4 days on standby while on WiFi), now it would just about make a day.

Any ideas on what is happening here...

8xvTqAH.jpg

(In the third screenshot, even though supposedly Smart Screen is gobbling my battery, the feature is disabled. It always has been since I got my G3)

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Over the past few weeks I've noticed that the battery life on my G3 is steadily getting worse and definitely not befitting of a device with a 3000mAh battery. While I'm not too bothered about the battery drain relating to the screen (I mean it is packing a lot of pixels), I am concerned on how without fail that the second most power hungry process on my G3 is always some LG service or application. Whereas the standby battery drain on my G3 was actually really good (you could easily get 3 or 4 days on standby while on WiFi), now it would just about make a day.

Any ideas on what is happening here...

8xvTqAH.jpg

(In the third screenshot, even though supposedly Smart Screen is gobbling my battery, the feature is disabled. It always has been since I got my G3)
I've never seen that one pop up on my G3, I don't use Smart Screen either though.

I'm better at diagnosing with Wakelock Detector and Better Battery Stats myself. Wakelock detector may be able to show you what exactly is triggering those.

Other ideas maybe freeze them in TiBu or a Factory Reset...

- Tapatalked From The G3 -

573W1E

Apr 15, 2012
Leicester
twitter.com
I've never seen that one pop up on my G3, I don't use Smart Screen either though.

I'm better at diagnosing with Wakelock Detector and Better Battery Stats myself. Wakelock detector may be able to show you what exactly is triggering those.

Other ideas maybe freeze them in TiBu or a Factory Reset...

I've just downloaded Wakelock Detector, had a look and somewhat surprised. Seems like Bejeweled has been keeping my device awake a lot since this morning. I can't see any LG services in that list though which is puzzling.... Is there anything else I should be looking at?

LK8AyMG.png

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I've just downloaded Wakelock Detector, had a look and somewhat surprised. Seems like Bejeweled has been keeping my device awake a lot since this morning. I can't see any LG services in that list though which is puzzling.... Is there anything else I should be looking at?

LK8AyMG.png
Well it certainly looks like you have some of the biggest offenders on your device... Facebook Google + etc...

Go into settings and enable Advanced mode in Wakelock detector and you'll be able to see even more things. Click on a particular app and it'll expand and tell you what exact Wakelock it is using..

Reactions: 573W1E

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

LK8AyMG.png
    Well it certainly looks like you have some of the biggest offenders on your device... Facebook Google + etc...

Go into settings and enable Advanced mode in Wakelock detector and you'll be able to see even more things. Click on a particular app and it'll expand and tell you what exact Wakelock it is using..