[ROM] CyanogenMod 9.1.0d (Android 4.0.4) [20130107]

Search This thread

sfahadzb

Mar 3, 2010

alson041

Jun 29, 2010
Receiving mms doesn't seem to be working for me. I can click the button "download", but it says that download currently isn't possible. APNs are correctly configured (same as in cm7, where it works) and I have my mobile network on. Any idea how I can receive the mms (even if I have to go back to cm7, but I have no idea how to save it for later, if I can't download it)?

mcpterra

Aug 4, 2009
I have installed CM9 from the first page.
When I called someone it shows as unknown in call log any idea?

Kabaldan already answered that..... as follow:

Originally Posted by adistf View Post

i still have that bug,when i call somebody it displays "unknown" on dialling screen :/...and when i check last calls history i see only received calls,but dialled calls i see with unknown

phone>settings>additional settings>caller id>show number

It worked for me... hope for you too.
Regards
Marcos

seidler2547

Nov 24, 2007
Leipzig
I know this is probably a hardware issue and a shot in the dark, but I have this adapter for my Galaxy S II:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/samsun...-galaxy-s2-i9100-i9188-i9000-more-black-95031

Can I use it for my Milestone without risk, or would it be possible to install a mod or something for me to use it?

This thread will help you know why it won't work
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=726210

@sfahadzb: It's not about USB host.

@brunofm: No Milestone doesn't have MHL, since when it came out, the standard was only just fully defined, and first devices using it only really appeared on 2011.

Stefan

amonfog

Sep 30, 2009
Sundsvall
www.picoreclame.nl
Reïnstall Cyanogenmod 9 (let it update to the same version as curent) and apps (ditto), clear dalvik and cache before and after the "updates" and reboot the phone

Please note that it can a few minutes for the M logo to dissapear (5 minutes or so). afterwards your "bootloop" should be fixed.

pnsdhrn

Nov 19, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Good to see you

Reïnstall Cyanogenmod 9 (let it update to the same version as curent) and apps (ditto), clear dalvik and cache before and after the "updates" and reboot the phone

Please note that it can a few minutes for the M logo to dissapear (5 minutes or so). afterwards your "bootloop" should be fixed.
It is good to see you Peter here also.Are you with CM9 now?How is it's performance compared to CM7 and MIUI?Is it advisable to use it on daily basis?Would like it to hear from you ,friend.
pnsdhrn

Last edited:

znetroll

Jan 16, 2012
Yay, fresh build! MD5 is 1c415236905ffecce9e72739546abb3f
https://rapidshare.com/files/4118906214/update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-umts_sholes-KANG-signed.zip
I honestly didn't read the commit messages this time (I have to study...), but there were lots of updates. I readded the qwertz Layout btw, but not as default. The files are there and in the right directories, you'll just have to rename them.

-------------------------------------------------

It is good to see you Peter here also.Are you with CM9 now?How is it's performance compared to CM7 and MIUI?Is it advisable to use it on daily basis?Would like it to hear from you ,friend.
pnsdhrn

I'm sure I'm not the only one bugged by such posts, so let me say this:

This is a development thread and not for asking questions that are not related to development. I wasn't sure this was the place for posting nightlies, but it sure isn't the place for questions such as this one. Even more so if the OP answered some of them in his first post. Also, to bring this post back to more related things, I'll upload a build later today when it's done.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I could have said that in a more friendly way. I was just trying to push this thread towards development again.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcpterra and darjan

pnsdhrn

Nov 19, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
https://rapidshare.com/files/4118906214/update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-umts_sholes-KANG-signed.zip
I honestly didn't read the commit messages this time (I have to study...), but there were lots of updates. I readded the qwertz Layout btw, but not as default. The files are there and in the right directories, you'll just have to rename them.

This is a development thread and not for asking questions that are not related to development. I wasn't sure this was the place for posting nightlies, but it sure isn't the place for questions such as this one. Even more so if the OP answered some of them in his first post. Also, to bring this post back to more related things, I'll upload a build later today when it's done.

I beg pardon for my folly,znetroll.I value your genius and hard work,but undervalue your pompousness and negligence to we fellow ignorant but enthusiast creatures .You should learn to become tolerant and lenient to others following the footsteps of our more dearest Kabaldan who is the greatest genius ever,hard working and a steady person in this Milestone field for more than 2 years unlike some people who are shooting stars.In spite of his highest status his behaviour and treatment to we fellow ignorant enthusiasts is a lesson to other Mod Kings. Also we ignorant but enthusiast fellows are the end users of the results of your hard work.Without takers what is the use of your hard work?So please be benevolent to others.If you can't,please try to ignore those posts at least.More over my question was not to you and the person to whom I asked has no discomfort at all on showing a personal touch in it.And my question was not at all out of syllabus also.It was about the performance and functioning of this ROM comparing to those of CM7 and MIUI.Once again expressing sorry for my post, if it is fault,
pnsdhrn

Last edited:
Reactions: Rotundjere

douglasroos

Mar 1, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
The ROM it's working great, i've installed the alpha two days ago and it's very stable. The RAM administration it's great, in general it's more fluid than GB, i'm using APEX and whatsapp friendcaster and go!chat, really fast at all, sometimes when i take a picture the cameras freezes and the phone hangs, i have to pull out the battery and turn on the phone. But in general works great!

Thanks Kabaldan for your work! waiting for a final release! this is awesome!

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

EDIT: I'm sorry, I could have said that in a more friendly way. I was just trying to push this thread towards development again.

Can i install this build over the one posted in the first page? what's new in this build? Thanks for your hard work and efforts!

darjan

Dec 26, 2009
I have to admit it works surprisingly well for an ICS alpha on such phone (using it for two days, no crashes yet), so well that I will probably keep it for daily use.

The inconvenience is that Milestone comes with 256 MB of RAM and context switches when closing/opening applications are somehow slow. But when a context switch is done, the open application performs very well.

Noticed issue: keyboard illumination fails to work for me.

Thanks!

duandroid

Feb 25, 2011
Rom is getting more stable each day.

I have not had the data drop on me now in some time.

Camera working ok but seems to freeze after a 3rd or 4th pic in a row.

anyone having an issue with voice search or commands? may have just been me messing around when I was trying to trim the fat

Is there a real advantage to a light rom at all? I mean getting rid of all the crap will the rom perform faster?

horazius

Dec 29, 2008
Buenos Aires
Couple of bugs

Hi,
first of all, thanks Pavel for the rom and all the effort to bring it to us. The ROM runs pretty well, now I'm using it as my daily ..

My big problem is with the stock messagin app, crashing a lot. I installed Messaging Metro Beta to use it untill the stock becomes usable for me.
A strange problem with the SMS/MMS I experienced is, if I create a new conversation, and try to write the name of the contact with the screen keyboard and it writes the letters backwards (right to left, in my case). With the hardware keyboard no problem ocurs..

That's all for now!

Again, thank you so much!

znetroll

Jan 16, 2012
The inconvenience is that Milestone comes with 256 MB of RAM and context switches when closing/opening applications are somehow slow. But when a context switch is done, the open application performs very well.

Trebuchet (the default launcher) uses a lot of memory, so it gets evicted really often, causing the delay when switching to the home screen. It's similar with many apps. It's really not the context switch that causes problems, that is really fast (a context switch occurs when the scheduler select a different kernel thread to run next, that happens quite often and has negligible impact if not none at all on performance), it's applications being evicted from memory that have to be restarted. I don't really know what's the bottleneck there, but most applications take 1-3 seconds to launch, which is a little annoying, but I don't really mind (except when I'm in a hurry :p). Does anybody know what causes this? Is it the internal storage being awfully slow?

Noticed issue: keyboard illumination fails to work for me.!

In the beginning it failed for me, too, but after a while it magically fixed itself ;)

Rotundjere

Dec 13, 2010
JKT48
I beg pardon for my folly,znetroll.I value your genius and hard work,but undervalue your pompousness and negligence to we fellow ignorant but enthusiast creatures .You should learn to become tolerant and lenient to others following the footsteps of our more dearest Kabaldan who is the greatest genius ever,hard working and a steady person in this Milestone field for more than 2 years unlike some people who are shooting stars.In spite of his highest status his behaviour and treatment to we fellow ignorant enthusiasts is a lesson to other Mod Kings. Also we ignorant but enthusiast fellows are the end users of the results of your hard work.Without takers what is the use of your hard work?So please be benevolent to others.If you can't,please try to ignore those posts at least.More over my question was not to you and the person to whom I asked has no discomfort at all on showing a personal touch in it.And my question was not at all out of syllabus also.It was about the performance and functioning of this ROM comparing to those of CM7 and MIUI.Once again expressing sorry for my post, if it is fault,
pnsdhrn

znetroll is *troll*ing,

join date Jan 2012 ? what.. are you buying chuck norris phone in 2012 ? :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, it simply means that we (and other locked devices as well ;) ) finally have a proper graphics driver needed by ics.

So we have fully working hwui for any app, Chrome works (though it's too RAM hungry for Milestone to be anyones favorite browser, I guess).

For Milestone it also means one important thing: one nasty bug of the old driver is gone. It plagued Gingerbread as well as ICS - it happened on orientation change.
    Under ICS it caused parts of the screen to become black when rotating the phone while running recent Opera Mini (due to hw reset of sgx unit during the change).
    Under Gingerbread, it caused crashes in sgx libs on rotation, for which I used workarounds directly in app source (Gallery3D) or in the framework (GoogleMaps).
    So I'll try to use the new drivers also in CM7 in the future.

It also means that I upload a new build soon, because I postponed any releases until I'll be able to get the new drivers to work despite the locked kernel.
    I'm really happy that I succeeded :D .
    Main credits:
    Obviously, it's the CyanogenMod team and all CM contributors in the first place.
    Besides that and my own humble work, CM for Milestone would not be where it is now without the essential works of Skrilax_CZ (2nd-init, OpenRecovery, custom kernel, 2ndboot fixes and more), Czechop (hack to the kernel usb initialization code that allows to keep BP working after 2ndboot to custom kernel), f_pasha (gkisystem semaphore patch), Tiago Sousa (author of the original overclock kernel module) and contributions from others that I forgot to list here ;) .
    Also worth mentioning is a lot of notable work done by the Defy developers: Epsylon, Quarx and Maniac103
    The original 2ndboot code is by Dmitriy Taychenachev and Eugen Maksimov.

Please note that Milestone is not officially supported by CyanogenMod.

Source: https://github.com/nadlabak
    Home page: http://android.doshaska.net/cm9
    Build from source: http://android.doshaska.net/cm9build

Download:
    CM9.1.0d: http://d-h.st/7eH
    gapps 20121225: http://d-h.st/xd0
    OpenRecovery 2ndbootOR: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod4milestone/downloads/detail?name=OpenRecovery_2ndbootOR_v1_1.zip

Because of limited space in system, gapps are installed to /data/vendor. But if ext partition is present on sdcard, they are moved to /sd-ext.
    Therefore ext partition is highly recommended for CM9, otherwise the space for apps in /data will be too limited.
    You can find instructions on how to resize fat and create ext3 partition directly in OpenRecovery in this very fine guide by pontomedon:
    Full guide from stock Motorola Android to CyanogenMod 7 for Milestone

CM9 for Milestone is using 2ndboot to run custom kernel despite the bootloader kernel lock.

Android 4.x requires at least 340MB RAM available to kernel and userspace
    As we have only 225MB, don't expect any miracles - the hardware constrains count.

HW acceleration increases application's RAM demands. You can use the included HWA Settings app to disable it per app.

Known issues:
    You tell me ;) .

9.1.0d (4.0.4) 07.01.2013
    - fix: keep keyboard backlight off while keyboard is hidden
    - fix crash on launch of certain apps (e.g. Aldiko) - use workaround for occasional mysteriously zeroed bitmap scale parameter
    - Apollo music player fixes - jellybean backports; reworked image fetching and caching (by iwo)

9.1.0c (4.0.4) 30.12.2012
    - call recording: fix recording for calls with asterisk in the phone number
    - fix the per app HW acceleration disable code to work according to application package name as specified by HWA Settings app (the original implementation [which pre-dated HWA app usage] used process name, not package name)
    - re-implement the 'Disable Dock Observer' option - for users of phone cases with magnetic closures (to prevent the screen turning on in reaction to a magnet appearing near the phone)

9.1.0b (4.0.4) 26.12.2012
    - fix VoiceSearch, VoiceTyping and Talk (voice) - please use the updated gapps package http://d-h.st/xd0
    - fix adb toggle
    - fix possible crash when recording videos and re-enable limited preview frame rate for better Camera app responsiveness
    - fix backup of system files (mostly gapps) during ROM updates
    - add built-in call recording option; no beeps every 10s during call recording any more
    - updated CMFileManager
    - wifi: disable 802.11n support by default (HT_Enable in tiwlan.ini) to prevent stale data connections when using certain N routers
    - kernel: reverted doubling of the DAC fifo size to 16384 (to prevent audio drop-outs) as it caused broken audio playback in certain games

in case you're wondering why the new build is not uploaded to github as before, see https://github.com/blog/1302-goodbye-uploads

9.1.0a (4.0.4) 11.12.2012
    - fix relaunch of some activities on keyboard slide out/in (e.g. YouTube playback, Root Explorer...)
    - CMFileManager included (backport from JB)
    - fix unwanted lcd-backlight activation by camera button while the screen is off (was related to the light sensor workaround that allows to use camera button to provoke sending of light sensor data without waiting for ALS interrupt)
    - better handling of Basband Processor panic (by maniac103) - instead of immediate reboot like in stock firmware, user is notified and can choose to postpone the reboot (e.g. when he's got some work to finish first). Note about the reason of reboot is displayed after restart.
    - workarounds for some motorola RIL issues that cause occasional data connectivity problems (by maniac103)
    - optional swap activation on boot via /system/etc/init.d/12swap
    -- requires swap partition present as third partition on sdcard
    -- swap size (in kB) is determined by persist.sys.swapsize property
    -- no persist.sys.swapsize property defined or set to 0 means no swap activation

example how to set persist.sys.swapsize property in terminal:
    su
    setprop persist.sys.swapsize 16384

9.1.0 (4.0.4) 05.12.2012
    notable recent fixes and features:
    - support for connecting to adhoc wifi
    - fixed wifi networking when using UPnP/DLNA apps
    - note that this build is done from the branch with removed theme engine,
    as the theme support seems to be too heavy, hurting performance of our device

update-cm-9-20120307-SNAPSHOT-umts_sholes-signed.zip
    - video recording (not exactly smooth yet, but working nevertheless)
    - added missing sysctl to prevent RAM fragmentation (cause of gmaps freezes)
    - etc.

03.03.2012:
    - camera is working (only taking pictures, not video recording; panorama mode is not working)
    - switched back to Calendar and LatinIME built from source (use the updated gapps-ics-4.0.3-20120302)
    - bootanimation is enabled by default, it can be disabled under performance settings
    - baseband selection is under device>advanced settings
    - usb and native wifi tethering is not working yet (but should be fixed soon, probably in the next build)

14.01.2012:
    notes:
    - until the open source solution will be ready, Google builds of Calendar and CalendarProvider are installed via gapps to provide Google Calendar sync. Google build of LatinIME is included to provide access to downloadable dictionaries.
    - most of the gapps are installed to /data/vendor. if you are updating from earlier CM9 build, use "rm -r /system/*" in recovery console before installation to make sure you don't run out of space in /system because of previously installed gapps
    - bootanimation is disabled (debug.sf.nobootanimation=1 in build.prop), because the default bootanim takes more than 80MB of RAM while running, which may cause issues - from very long boot time to bootloops.
    To let you know what's going on:
    CM10 (Jelly Bean) boots fine here. A lot has been already done and achieved, though there's also a lot of minor issues that will need more work.
    What's important - there doesn't seem to be any show stopper at this point.

CM9/ICS is more or less dead from the moment of JB release, therefore I fully focus on bringing CM10 to omap3 / Milestone now.

(Indeed, CM7 for Milestone will also get a significant update, hopefully sometime soon, when JB frenzy will cease a bit).
    thanks for your explainations. i didnt know that we did not have full hw acceleration on our cm9 but its good to know. but may this new driver also fix the video encoding issue? if we would have full hw acceleration and could watch videos without any lags, that really would be awesome.

Accelerated video encoding already works fine.
    It's the hw accelerated video decoding, and that is still a problem (on every omap3 device running ics). But I dare to say that it's really the last hard bit remaining to be solved.

Anyway, the ICS for Milestone has reached a point I wouldn't dream about at all in the beginning.
    Just to let you know: I plan to upload new build + new gapps package in a few days, stay tuned.
    And... thanks to those providing the intermediate builds for other users. I'm rather busy, so I appreciate your help.