Ubuntu released

Search This thread

Rocklee99

Jul 13, 2010
With ubuntu released, is it possible to take it from the nexus devices over to here?

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

thispaininmyhead

Feb 26, 2011
Once the cdma issue is fixed it should be rather easy porting since it uses cm10.1 as a base...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

TaintedByte

May 24, 2009
I must say, having tested it first hand that it is very ... interesting. I do like the OS itself, it's fluid and the best part is the pulldown settings (view video here if you don't know what I'm talking about) makes things much faster.

All that being said, it's clearly a very early build. There are a lot of bugs and it's clearly targeted towards developers and geeks like us. It is not ready for use as a daily driver (unless you like that sort of adventure). Also the lacks of apps at the moment really hurts it. I can't live without my basic apps (titanium backup and tasker).

polar2792

Oct 23, 2011
Gastonia, NC
I must say, having tested it first hand that it is very ... interesting. I do like the OS itself, it's fluid and the best part is the pulldown settings (view video here if you don't know what I'm talking about) makes things much faster.

All that being said, it's clearly a very early build. There are a lot of bugs and it's clearly targeted towards developers and geeks like us. It is not ready for use as a daily driver (unless you like that sort of adventure). Also the lacks of apps at the moment really hurts it. I can't live without my basic apps (titanium backup and tasker).

Like ubuntu for pc's then. More geared towards geeks like us v:p

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

luigi311

Feb 18, 2011
Yes it is as it takes cm as a base however they currently do not support cdma function as of right now but that will change. So the answer is yes it can be ported but u will not have any cellphone usuage which is y no-one is porting it here yet. I think Leo might be the only one but Idk if he has started yet or if he will port it hopefully he does since I wana try it

Sent from my EVO using xda premium