POWER RESET or UNKNOWN UPLOAD MODE?

Search This thread

MC-84

Nov 30, 2010
I have an international GT I9000 galaxy s and i have the stuck at boot screen problem im trying to get into download mode to flash with odin, But when i do the vol down+home+power i get to this screen with the green android logo saying POWER RESET or UNKNOWN UPLOAD MODE and in red it says
RST_STAT = 0x1
PMIC_IRQ1 = 0x3c
PMIC_IRQ2 = 0x0
PMIC_IRQ3 = 0x0
PMIC_IRQ4 = 0x0
PMIC_STATUS1 = 0xc0
PMIC_STATUS2 = 0x2c

Any way to fix this? :confused:

ghallab

Aug 23, 2010
مصر
I have an international GT I9000 galaxy s and i have the stuck at boot screen problem im trying to get into download mode to flash with odin, But when i do the vol down+home+power i get to this screen with the green android logo saying POWER RESET or UNKNOWN UPLOAD MODE and in red it says
RST_STAT = 0x1
PMIC_IRQ1 = 0x3c
PMIC_IRQ2 = 0x0
PMIC_IRQ3 = 0x0
PMIC_IRQ4 = 0x0
PMIC_STATUS1 = 0xc0
PMIC_STATUS2 = 0x2c

hi dude, i have just passed this problem , i was so confused like you at first but you won't find any solution except the JTAG method.... just search for it

MC-84

Nov 30, 2010
hi dude, i have just passed this problem , i was so confused like you at first but you won't find any solution except the JTAG method.... just search for it

Did you get yours to work? and by jtag do you mean the usb jig? Someone please shed some light on this issue. Thanks

phigan

Sep 11, 2007

Either lies or total douchery. "Dude, I just had this problem and I fixed it! Nyeh nyeh!"

How about you contribute with a link to where you found your solution? Unless this was a super common and well known fix, "just search for it" isn't helping.

wernerhp

Mar 12, 2009
Nokia 8 Sirocco
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
I've got the exact same thing!

Yesterday my phone just wouldn't boot...
After leaving it for a few hours, I connected it to usb and the phone booted into Android, then rebooted. Eventually I couldn't access anything and it was stuck in a bootloop. I could only get into Download Mode, no Recovery Mode, and flashing a new rom (Darky's Resurrection Edition) didn't help either.

This morning I get the POWER RESET or UNKNOWN UPLOAD MODE message. The last thing I did yesterday was flash to I9000XXJP2 stock.

A fix would really be nice!

Lyon huntington

Sep 16, 2010
This does work to get download mode back

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=819551

100% success using a breadboard, micro usb from an old car charger
2x 150k 1x1k
I MacGuyvered the 4&5th pins without solder so it was unstable and didn't work at first.
But Download mode is on the screen.
Now all i have to do is wait for the return of the windows machine to to odin it back.

time to read up on that now.

good luck

lebwel

Mar 15, 2011
No power button

RST_STAT = 0x1
PMIC_IRQ1 = 0x3c
PMIC_IRQ2 = 0x0
PMIC_IRQ3 = 0x0
PMIC_IRQ4 = 0x0
PMIC_STATUS1 = 0xc0
PMIC_STATUS2 = 0x2c

I may be very late but try this,

1. Run Odin 1.8x
2. Take out battery
3. Put battery back
4. press both volumes buttons
5. Plug in microusb

Don't press the power button at all

Good luck

lebwel

Mar 15, 2011
Bro.. u saved me.. thanks a lot.. a lot a lot.. :D:D:D:D:D:D
Np. Glad it helped

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

could you explain that in a bit more detail?
1. Download Odin 1.8x and execute it (run it/double click it)
2. Open your phone and take out the battery
3. Install the same battery back the same way you took it out
4. Press both volume buttons (that means up and down and keep it pressed)
5. Plug in your charger line to your phone. The USB side goes directly to your computer.

I don't know how more specific I can get. Good luck

Fingertwister Jr.

Nov 24, 2015
RST_STAT = 0x1
PMIC_IRQ1 = 0x3c
PMIC_IRQ2 = 0x0
PMIC_IRQ3 = 0x0
PMIC_IRQ4 = 0x0
PMIC_STATUS1 = 0xc0
PMIC_STATUS2 = 0x2c

Any way to fix this? :confused:[/QUOTE

Hey Guys. I also had the same problem but without all the RST_STAT = 0x1 bull crap. After replacing the motherboard, (not telling you to replace your motherboard) I couldn't get into recovery mode, rather it would always go into the POWER RESET or UNKNOWN UPLOAD MODE. The simple trick for me that worked was just tapping the power button while holding the volume down and home button. May work for you, just don't hold the power button down, otherwise it will go into the POWER RESET or UNKNOWN UPLOAD MODE.

Hope this helps.

amirkamaruzzaman

Jan 19, 2016
Same Problem : SOLVED!!!

I encountered the same problem. What i did :
1. Uninstall Facebook
2. Uninstall Instagram
3. Re-download those apps and install
4. Walla!

Hopefully this help.

harun1987

Feb 11, 2013
Turkey
Xiaomi 12T Pro
thanks

Np. Glad it helped

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

1. Download Odin 1.8x and execute it (run it/double click it)
2. Open your phone and take out the battery
3. Install the same battery back the same way you took it out
4. Press both volume buttons (that means up and down and keep it pressed)
5. Plug in your charger line to your phone. The USB side goes directly to your computer.

I don't know how more specific I can get. Good luck

thank u man^^ u saved me too

Perfect!!

RST_STAT = 0x1
PMIC_IRQ1 = 0x3c
PMIC_IRQ2 = 0x0
PMIC_IRQ3 = 0x0
PMIC_IRQ4 = 0x0
PMIC_STATUS1 = 0xc0
PMIC_STATUS2 = 0x2c

Any way to fix this? :confused:[/QUOTE

Hey Guys. I also had the same problem but without all the RST_STAT = 0x1 bull crap. After replacing the motherboard, (not telling you to replace your motherboard) I couldn't get into recovery mode, rather it would always go into the POWER RESET or UNKNOWN UPLOAD MODE. The simple trick for me that worked was just tapping the power button while holding the volume down and home button. May work for you, just don't hold the power button down, otherwise it will go into the POWER RESET or UNKNOWN UPLOAD MODE.

Hope this helps.

This did it perfect for me I was getting annoyed i couldn't hard reset into anything but Watchdog screen held volume down and home tapped power button 3 times and it booted normal February 18th 2017 thanks for the help bro

Kaldrick

Nov 29, 2011
Covington GA
I was presented with Upload Mode when my phone froze and I had to restart.

I simply pressed the volume down and power button until the Samsung logo appeared. Then released and it booted right up.

Hope this helps in some sort of way

bencetari

Feb 3, 2015
S3 Neo+

I've got the exact same thing!

Yesterday my phone just wouldn't boot...
After leaving it for a few hours, I connected it to usb and the phone booted into Android, then rebooted. Eventually I couldn't access anything and it was stuck in a bootloop. I could only get into Download Mode, no Recovery Mode, and flashing a new rom (Darky's Resurrection Edition) didn't help either.

This morning I get the POWER RESET or UNKNOWN UPLOAD MODE message. The last thing I did yesterday was flash to I9000XXJP2 stock.

A fix would really be nice!

My S3 Neo+ did the same after a stock install leave it for like 5mins then reboot. Or if you can boot into download mode, then reflash the recovery using odin. then do the rom installation stuff.

In theory, upload mode is supposed to be the doorstep of S-B00T terminal. Which is the base of the bootloader inclduing download mode.